Initial iPhone 5 shipments might be reduced because of component supply issues
1. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Just another sponsored pre launch marketing gimmick so as to ensure the rush to buy ...
7. MeoCao (unregistered)
...or maybe the preemptive excuse as why not many people will buy the new and boring iPhone.
20. E.N. (Posts: 2584; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
or maybe they might actually have manufacturing difficulties..... Maybe you guys weren't paying attention, but 15 million is a crapton of iphones. Supply issues are very reasonable
2. frydaexiii (Posts: 1422; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Sure sure, this definitely isn't some scheme so that the few iFans will rush to buy it to give the impression that it's good. No no, Apple would never stoop so low.
3. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Who knows, Heart of Hearts Apple maybe (fore)seeing an "End Of Honeymoon" period with their fans so deploying these gimmicks ... since they ran out of all ideas they ar now into "copying" the trendsetter of large screens on smartphones :)
8. MeoCao (unregistered)
So low? Apple has reached the record low with their lawsuits so Apple must feel good doing a "not as low" trick.
4. andro. (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Just another apple'annual shortage' to try create iPhone waiting list fever among the ifans
5. jopancy (Posts: 74; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
potatoes, tomatoes, potatoes, phhuuuh.
excuses in advance to justify future low sales....
think the ifans are wising up? hmmm...
6. wendygarett (unregistered)
create another hype i see... Guess i will buy it around october
13. Apple-Royally- (Posts: 16; Member since: 24 Aug 2012)
We are all looking forward to seeing the new iPhone!
15. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Oh Wendy! Don't you want to be first in your group of friends with the new iPhone? Weren't you going to be hanging out at the local Apple store to get the first lot of new iPhones? What happened?
9. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 655; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Nice excuses, good marketing tactic.
I love Apple, but don't get me wrong, I do take Apple's side when it is due, and don't take their side when the make a fool of me as someone who buys their iDevices. But this is lame. I think they are worried that iFans will not Q this time around, and to get them into those long Qs, tell them they are few iPhones available and they will rush to get their hands on their new shiny iPhones.
Only an iDiot will believe this gimmick. Oh my bad, i guess phonearean did believe it, My Bad
10. Aeires (unregistered)
Lines of people camping out last year weren't long enough?
11. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2149; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Hmmm.. I might just buy it.. play with it for a week or two.. then sell it on eBay :-)
14. sithman (banned) (Posts: 299; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Blah blah blah y even click the article fandroids? Who cares about your bashes against apple.
16. TheRetroReplay (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Has anyone ever noticed that Apple ALWAYS has a shortage of new iPhones when the next generation is released, but yet they somehow sold more than what they had on opening weekend?
18. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Yeah. And that was why they want Sammy to pay them $2.75 billion to over their lost sales.... For parts shortages, no less. That Sammy was not on contract to supply.
17. shotine (Posts: 26; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
Umm i bet they have werehouses full of them and as always are controlling everything end to end hence why i went with the s3 and i dont see any way possable that anything apple puts out can top it.
19. dragonstkdgirl (Posts: 144; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
Maybe they would have better luck if they didn't sue their component suppliers?