Initial Nexus 5 stock runs low, shipping dates now show November 8th *Update*
0. phoneArena 31 Oct 2013, 14:34 posted on
It's not a big difference, but it's enough to indicate that the first batch of Nexus 5 devices has probably sold out. When users first jumped into the Play Store when the Nexus 5 launched at 11AM PST (2PM EST) today, the site said that the device would be shipping on November 5th. But, all four variants of the device have now seen shipping dates slip to November 8th...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mr.techdude (Posts: 568; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
How much was that 20 units pre ordered lol, then they say srry units shortages lol again FAIL!! Hope it does not happen.
6. D.Aceveda (Posts: 377; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
This is pathetic when you think about it. Google is a billion dollar company and they can't order enough phones to meet the demand?
Never would of happened if it was Samsung or Apples launch day
8. Jklaz (Posts: 136; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
Apple made less of the iPhone so that it would "sell out" smh
9. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1807; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
iPhone 4 was sold out on their launch day. Beside Nexus phones are never aim toward large section of consumers.
13. D.Aceveda (Posts: 377; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
Did it happen since the iPhone 4? No. Because Apple learned
You would think Google would of learned after the train wreck of a launch the N4 was.
16. Finalflash (Posts: 2136; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
But it did happen, for the iPhone 5s just now. It was sold out in most US stores and online shipping was pushed back a month.
20. E.N. (Posts: 2562; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
To be fair they made about 6 million iPhone 5S devices. I'm guessing Google made a couple thousand?
27. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Doubt it was a few thousands... A few thousands wherr sitting on a single inventory of a third party reseller so I don't think the number was so little
19. Kjayhawk (Posts: 292; Member since: 07 Oct 2010)
How man nexus phones sell... Its really not that popular of a phone. Lets look at the nexus 4 that sold only 3 million after being on sale for 4 months... The iphone sold 5.5 million on there first weekend. This launch is 100 times better than the nexus 4's launch. Also delaying shipments for 3 days isnt a huge deal.
12. mr.techdude (Posts: 568; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
This probably has nothing to do with shortages or what not, they just release a batch first the see how fast and demanding the first batch was then the second batch has a higher amount and so on ans so forth
29. Doakie (Posts: 1635; Member since: 06 May 2009)
So many Apple fans beat up Android manufacturers because they announce a phone then a month later they're available for purchase from the carriers vs Apples announce the iPhone then it's available the following week. Where are the props for Google announcing and making it available for purchase immediately? No wait time at all just "Go get it NOW!" I think that's awesome, the hype and excitement is still there. It felt like the anticipation of Black Friday sales.
23. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I feel like kicking myself not waiting for the new NEXUS 5
3. ohiojosh78 (Posts: 31; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I have a question. I bought one black and one white N5 for me and my GF. What carrier would be the best for me? I live outside of Columbus OH. Zip is 43040.
It seems like Tmo has the best plans but crappy service. Sprint is decent but being CDMA will I get upgrades from Google still or will Sprint have to OK them. ATT, I dont know much about them.
5. apple4never (Posts: 1030; Member since: 08 May 2013)
your frequency has nothing to do with updates and since its a google phone updates are instant, so weather u are on tmo verizon or sprint updates wont matter and lte or cdma you still get updates since you didnt buy it from the carrier, go with the cheapest data and voice plan you can get im not from the us so i dont know, congrats on getting this phone man i saw the update in class but of course by the time i left to go to the washroom to buy it it was sold out
25. _PHug_ (Posts: 421; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
If you and/or your GF have a smartphone download the Open Signal app and use the coverage feature.
28. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
If you bough from Google play then the device will get updated directly from Google regardless of what carrier its on
4. apple4never (Posts: 1030; Member since: 08 May 2013)
im gone for 10 minutes and this, so its out correct
17. Finalflash (Posts: 2136; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
It will probably be back in stock soon, they learned well enough from the 3 month wait last time.
14. orca99 (Posts: 87; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
Out of stock in the U.S. but available in other countries. Tried Play Stores using vpn, 16GB still available in many other countries.
15. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
The black 16gig just came back in stock but my browser at work is too old to complete the purchase. And I can’t upgrade my browser. Looks like I will try to camp at Bestbuy.
18. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 903; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Congrats to those who managed to get it! :)
21. Quito92 (Posts: 6; Member since: 14 Oct 2013)
will best buy offer it in store? i dont wanna wait till the 8th for it to ship! lol and will it be more expensive in store?
24. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1639; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Mine didn't have it at the Google counter. I imagine if they do, it won't be until they start shipping to everyone else.
22. E.S.1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Good question. I'm going to Best Buy right now.
30. 00Ben00 (Posts: 8; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Sorry I'm new to 'Google' phs and stuff. Can I buy it in a retail outlet, Australia, or is it pretty much bought through a online store?
A Aussie gadget site says starts at $399 for 16gb & $450 for 32gb, but given stores still charge $419 for the Nexus 4, 16gb, I'm not holding my breath.
31. 00Ben00 (Posts: 8; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
After all the hype, you'd think they'd make sure good stock levels also, LOL!
32. youngmouss (Posts: 3; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
Nexus over everything nexus on my mind.i just ordered mine