Ingenious Sony Xperia Z1 mod allows you to turn the earpiece into a secondary speaker for a stereo effect
0. phoneArena 01 Aug 2014, 01:56 posted on
In terms of performance gains, the Xperia Z2 was an unimpressive update. Sure, it's got a newer Snapdragon chip and a tad more RAM, but it's not like those left the Xperia Z1 in the dust. Indeed, one of the most serious sources of envy for Xperia Z1 users isn't the new silicon found in the new flagship, but rather things like the two front-facing stereo speakers on the Z2...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
9. techperson211 (Posts: 1002; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
" Xperia Z2 was an unimpressive update. Sure, it's got a newer Snapdragon chip and a tad more RAM" Really PA?
11. Busyboy (unregistered)
Z2 was a big upgrade IMO
Front facing speakers
Improved notification led
No more shadder resistant screen protector
Improved waterproof flaps
Higher clocked processor and more RAM
C'mon PA, the Z2 was an impressive upgrade
2. dil2abu (Posts: 216; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
I am using this mod since a week now.. This really works.. There is a clear difference.. But I worry that, this may damage my earpiece..
3. Astoni (Posts: 625; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
My z1 f*cked up awhile back and played music only from the earpiece untill i restarted it xD
6. Insignificant (Posts: 192; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
How this idea came about was exactly due to that bug.
This signals the next Sony flagship having this as an actual feature.
10. 8800-Arte (banned) (Posts: 50; Member since: 05 Jun 2014)
"This signals the next Sony flagship having this as an actual feature."
*cough* Xperia Z2 *cough*
4. frizodanizzo (Posts: 7; Member since: 01 Aug 2014)
I would definitely be worried about the earpiece speaker blowing, normally they're not made to handle that kind of volume increase.
5. mixedfish (Posts: 848; Member since: 17 Nov 2013)
"In terms of performance gains, the Xperia Z2 was an unimpressive update over the Xperia Z1"
A statement like that makes it seem the battery life increase was a small thing, but in reality it was a huge and needed update.
7. romeo1 (Posts: 650; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
Also "a tad more RAM". 3gb ram is 50% more compared to the 2gb
8. techperson211 (Posts: 1002; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
We'll you know Pa they only praise ifruit and samsung. Everything about Sony is just so so .. Not surprised about their comment.