Infographic shows the most popular smartphones in North America – Toronto keeps BlackBerry alive
0. phoneArena 10 Jun 2014, 04:54 posted on
iQmetrix provides retail management software for wireless carriers throughout the United States and
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Its so sad that all the smaller brands phones combined don't even sell as much as one device from Apple...
2. Sniggly (Posts: 7290; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
That's the power of marketing and groupthink for you.
3. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1675; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
What's that say about Samesung, whose marketing budget is bigger than the rest of the mobile industry...combined?
11. tech2 (Posts: 3011; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Their R&D budget is also bigger then almost any other company !
19. Droidrapist (Posts: 186; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Or people like me who own and iPhone since it came out event hough I've owned other phones, generally always happy with my iDevices, and the reliability. :P
6. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1151; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
it's so sad all the smaller brands are smaller :( !
13. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
You mean, it so sad that Nokia right now rank 10, and will be rank 11 or 12 soon?
23. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1151; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
when did i say nokia at all i'm simply implying that i'd get a nokia,htc or sony over a samsung or iphone anyday !
7. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
In the real World wide...
Samsung is twice as big as apple
16. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1151; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
because Samsung makes everything from planes to phones to tanks !
17. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
in the smartphone world, samsung is twice bigger than apple.
Samsung (almost) = 2x apple
Samsung (almost) = Apple + Huawei + Lenovo + LG.
Apple (almost) = Huawei + Lenovo + LG
BIGGEST SMARTPHONE MANUFACTURERS BY UNIT SALES IN Q1 2014
Rank . . Manufacturer . Units . . . Market Share . Was Q4 2013
1 (1) . . Samsung . . . . 86.8 M . . 30.7% . . . . . . . ( 29.3% )
2 (2) . . Apple . . . . . . . 43.7 M . . 15.5% . . . . . . . ( 17.8% )
3 (3) . . Huawei . . . . . . 18.2 M . . . 6.4% . . . . . . . ( 6.1% )
4 (4) . . Lenovo . . . . . . 14.1 M . . . 5.0% . . . . . . . ( 4.7% )
5 (5) . . LG . . . . . . . . . 12.3 M . . . 4.4% . . . . . . . ( 4.6% )
6 (6) . . ZTE . . . . . . . . . 11.4 M . . . 4.0% . . . . . . . ( 3.8% )
7 (8) . . Coolpad/Yulong . 11.1 M . . . 3.9% . . . . . . . ( 3.7% )
8 ( - ) . Xiaomi . . . . . . . .11.0 M . . . 3.9% . . . . . . . ( 2.6% )
9 (7) . . Sony . . . . . . . . . . 9.6 M . . . 3.4% . . . . . . . ( 3.7% )
10 (9) . Nokia (Microsoft) . 7.1 M . . . 2.5% . . . . . . . ( 2.9% )
Others . . . . . . . . . . . . 53.8 M
TOTAL . . . . . . . . . . . 282.6 M
Source: TomiAhonen Consulting Analysis 3 June 2014, based on manufacturer and industry data
BB is not in top 10 anymore.
22. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1151; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
except that apple releases 50 phones a year and apple releases one !
8. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Nokia has been ruined by elop the idiot.
9. StephenBB81 (Posts: 5; Member since: 09 Apr 2014)
Goes to show that Canadian businesses, especially Ontario businesses who claim BlackBerry doesn't have the market share don't actually do any real research and they use US published numbers.
to think BlackBerry actually outsold iPhone during a period of time that the iPhone had a new product and BlackBerry did not says that if you are a Toronto or Ontario based business you need a BlackBerry App.
14. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
It only say that some canadian were living in the past, or maybe some store UNLOAD the UNSOLD BB in their store with CRAZY DISOUNT.
10. cdgoin (Posts: 409; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
I was surprised Nokia wasn't a big seller in Seattle.. Figured it would have at least a 20% or so market share there.
12. apple4never (Posts: 1043; Member since: 08 May 2013)
well living in Toronto i see people everywhere with blackberries so i know their doing well in the area and if i didn't read any phone sites i would actually think they are doing well lol
15. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
This kind of false / localize information is the one that ruined BB.
18. apple4never (Posts: 1043; Member since: 08 May 2013)
yup, they need to advertise more, blackberries are actually great phones but because they don't try and sell their device very few people actually know about it
21. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
If you went to the third world country such as indonesia, philipine, you will see that blackberry DO advertise A LOT. The problem is not advertising, the problem is THEIR PRODUCT IS NOT ON PAR with the competitor.
The people of toronto need to try android, and they will knew that they have been restarting their blackberry too much that make them lose their time.