Infographic shows more women own smartphones than men
0. phoneArena 24 Apr 2013, 09:16 posted on
The smartphone market is quickly moving towards maturity and this latest infographic summarizing stats from the United Kingdom is a good illustration...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Of course majority of those are gifts from men...
2. iami67 (Posts: 307; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Yea so the woman can take more detailed pics and vids to send to the men lol
12. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5152; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Or, the majority of those are iPhones for small hands....
Another take on the data is that I doubt a majority of Phablets are owned by women, for the same reason (small hands).
3. FlushGordon (unregistered)
I can't recall any female friend of mine who bought a smartphones from their own money
14. downphoenix (Posts: 2134; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
True. My wife has owned 2 smartphones so far. Both bought by me :)
4. akki20892 (Posts: 2275; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
because men can find luxury life on simpler phone, but women find luxury life only on smartphone.
5. FlushGordon (unregistered)
A smartphone is the ultimate reward to a woman for better tasting sandwiches...and blwjbs
13. buccob (Posts: 964; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I have bought 3 smartphones to my wifey :)
+1 to you buddy
6. bucky (Posts: 1199; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
They use it as a mirror to check if their make up is ok.
8. Shubham412302 (Posts: 292; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
even In my college more girls have smartphones than boys.
9. Shrihari (Posts: 79; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
Because men know the value of money and they dont waste it on useless things..
19. justme (Posts: 40; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
But if you're on this site, you're interested in the subject-how is it a "useless thing"?
10. murali_v_2000 (Posts: 15; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
No surprise that the (smartphone) "penetration" is higher for Women than Men !
11. buccob (Posts: 964; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I want to see the infograph without taking the iPhone into consideration... because that's THE WOMEN "Smartphone"...
Anyway interesting article
16. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
More men would own a flagship android device than woman.
20. buccob (Posts: 964; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Right... I get surprise when I see a woman with a Galaxy Nexus, or maybe the S3 in hand... They usually go for the S3 Mini, midrange galaxies, iPhone or a Sony
15. stealthd (Posts: 818; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
I'm kind of amazed at all the mysoginistic comments. I knew the calibur of PhoneArena's commenters is pretty low but yeash.
17. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
But that doesn't make those women smart. Still you need to supplement them with your ideas.
18. XperiaPrince (Posts: 108; Member since: 25 Dec 2012)
True. Here in my country, plenty of girls own a smartphones. It is either an iPhone or a samsung galaxy y or pocket. My friends mostly own a dumbphone. In fact im the only one who owns a smartphone.
21. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Because there are more women on the earth than men.