Infographic shows more women own smartphones than men
In only a couple of years smartphone penetration surged from 38% in 2010 to 60% in 2013. Interestingly, while in 2010 the survey showed that 63% of smartphone owners were men, now that has changed and there are more women owning a smartphone, 58%, according to the infographic below made by eDigitalResearch and IMRG.
There is a lot of other interesting facts showing how smartphones become truly universal and widespread among all kinds of people in the United Kingdom. Take a look below.
source: Read Write Web
More women own smartphones than men Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
HTC One 2 aka HTC M8 rumor round-up: camera, specs, release date and design
05 Dec 2013, 10:44
Android 4.4 KitKat update: release date, features and rumors
31 Oct 2013, 02:31
Cyber Monday 2013 deals on phones, tablets and other electronics
01 Dec 2013, 10:55
Living with the LG G2: a long-term review
03 Dec 2013, 07:53
More women own smartphones than men
1. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Of course majority of those are gifts from men...
2. iami67 (Posts: 300; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Yea so the woman can take more detailed pics and vids to send to the men lol
12. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 4736; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Or, the majority of those are iPhones for small hands....
Another take on the data is that I doubt a majority of Phablets are owned by women, for the same reason (small hands).
3. FlushGordon (unregistered)
I can't recall any female friend of mine who bought a smartphones from their own money
14. downphoenix (Posts: 1994; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
True. My wife has owned 2 smartphones so far. Both bought by me :)
4. akki20892 (Posts: 1680; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
because men can find luxury life on simpler phone, but women find luxury life only on smartphone.
5. FlushGordon (unregistered)
A smartphone is the ultimate reward to a woman for better tasting sandwiches...and blwjbs
13. buccob (Posts: 734; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I have bought 3 smartphones to my wifey :)
+1 to you buddy
6. bucky (Posts: 1100; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
They use it as a mirror to check if their make up is ok.
8. Shubham412302 (Posts: 277; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
even In my college more girls have smartphones than boys.
9. Shrihari (Posts: 79; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
Because men know the value of money and they dont waste it on useless things..
19. justme (Posts: 38; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
But if you're on this site, you're interested in the subject-how is it a "useless thing"?
10. murali_v_2000 (Posts: 12; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
No surprise that the (smartphone) "penetration" is higher for Women than Men !
11. buccob (Posts: 734; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I want to see the infograph without taking the iPhone into consideration... because that's THE WOMEN "Smartphone"...
Anyway interesting article
16. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
More men would own a flagship android device than woman.
20. buccob (Posts: 734; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Right... I get surprise when I see a woman with a Galaxy Nexus, or maybe the S3 in hand... They usually go for the S3 Mini, midrange galaxies, iPhone or a Sony
15. stealthd (Posts: 753; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
I'm kind of amazed at all the mysoginistic comments. I knew the calibur of PhoneArena's commenters is pretty low but yeash.
17. dan86 (Posts: 297; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
But that doesn't make those women smart. Still you need to supplement them with your ideas.
18. XperiaPrince (Posts: 108; Member since: 25 Dec 2012)
True. Here in my country, plenty of girls own a smartphones. It is either an iPhone or a samsung galaxy y or pocket. My friends mostly own a dumbphone. In fact im the only one who owns a smartphone.
21. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Because there are more women on the earth than men.