Infograph shows the real truth about teen texting
0. phoneArena 13 Dec 2012, 19:10 posted on
Cellphone signaling form Wilson Electronics has come up with a number of stats that relay how serious teens remain when it comes to texting; a whopping 63% of teens to friends still fire off a daily missive to friends and family and teenage girls are sending out 3,952 texts per month on average and when it comes to texting, 75% of teens do it while only 6% of them bother to email...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. DaNTRoN (Posts: 135; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
As we advance in technology it will inevitably evolve society with it. As generations are born, and what used to be radical is the new normal different outlooks are achieved. This is true with all things not just tech but tech is the biggest influence now
When these "teens" the article speaks of grow up and have kids, their kids will be doing something "radical" and we will have news stories about whatever the next communication breakthrough or overall societal change and the cycle continues. Its used to be weird to send nude photos to your peers, but you can bet if you have a teenage child they have probably done it. And more :)
3. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I thumbed up you, because I smoke weed too. XD
9. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
This is some stupid FUK!!!!!!!!!!! that sexting stuff about boys who've had sex!
COMPLETELY SEXIST AND NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM SO UPSET!! AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
If 50% of teens text while driving, and
25% sext, then
12.5% sext while driving.
That's disturbing Dx
6. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I'm taking advanced prob and stats 2 (mth3260) in the spring thank you very much. I'm an actuarial science major.
7. Commentator (Posts: 2296; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I think he means your logic sucks. The premises that 50% of teens text while driving and 25% of teens sext don't necessarily correlate at all. It can't be inferred from any of the data presented that any teen has ever sexted while driving. All we can infer is that between 0% and 25% of teens have sexted while driving.
19. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2105; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
If you're taking Advanced Prob & Stats 2 in the spring, I would probably reevaluate your statement in the summer. I would also hold off on making any other logical statistic statements until then.
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7429; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I send about 700 text a day depending on who I'm talking to. The most I've sent in a month was probably over 25,000. Don't ask me how.
10. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
12. BattleBrat (Posts: 1038; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
WTF? My cousin texts so much his Samsung Note has the keyboard burnt into the screen No bull crap.
14. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
the most I've texted in a month is 22,000 !!
17. bbblader (Posts: 575; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
bitch please the most i've texted in a year is probably 200 not 200000 but just 200
11. p0rkguy (Posts: 683; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
Back when I had a sidekick then a blackberry, texts would be about 1000 a day.
Now? It's about 100 a month. Only people I see texting now are those still in school, under 20, and girls.
13. yajia1 (Posts: 107; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
"Real truth". Can you get more redundant than that? lol.
20. McLTE (Posts: 637; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
We aren't messing around here.. this isn't just the truth.. it's the REAL truth.
16. lolol (Posts: 64; Member since: 14 Nov 2012)
I also used to text a lot :D but eventually got really sick of it :P I like calls more, but i dont get that mucha top up cards :D so pretty much all im getting is a few incoming calls , and i make a few calls when necessary... and im 16 :P