India's first BlackBerry themed cafe is the SkyPark
0. phoneArena 08 Oct 2012, 01:55 posted on
The SkyPark Cafe in India is the country's first BlackBerry themed cafe with BlackBerry PlayBooks set up for customers to use and a BlackBerry Gateway set up for customers to play music like on a juke-box; the cafe is the result of a partnership between RIM and BBin...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. eisenbricher (Posts: 971; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Finally some love for India... Not so many people use BB here, but yeah, as said in article BB isn't infamous here.
Here's the current scenario I see here (in India) :
1. Many Nokia stores are shutting down, and interesting fact is, most of them are getting replaced by official Samsung stores!!
2. Still no Apple Store here.
2. Ragnarockd (Posts: 47; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
I agree with you. There are more Samsung stores or rather named Samsung cafe all around the country. Good thing about the new BB store is that there is some good support in the country.
India and china are such huge markets where Samsung and Nokia rule,but an apple store would be nice.
6. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Wait, in Mumbai I do see Imagine which sells only Apple products. What are they exactly then?
8. eisenbricher (Posts: 971; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Nah, they are resellers. In mumbai you also have relience iStores which sell only Apple devices.
23. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
they are official apple resellers not apple stores. we have couple here in new delhi
12. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Yup! Apple don't care about us and we don't give a s**t to Apple!!!
16. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Just 3% market share and it's difficult to stretch far beyond that due to pricing. 70+ K (Indian rupees) for a 64GB iPHONE 5? ridiculously high. 39K for a Note II so Note II anyday for sure ...
19. parthpatels007 (Posts: 52; Member since: 27 May 2011)
the reason why you are going with the note 2 is because you think that iCrap is highly priced?!! Damn! I wouldn't use it even iff some1 gifts me it, rather sell it and buy a better phone or ultrabook!
24. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Rotten Apple thinks India is full of iFans!!
Damn!! Hate Apple to the core of my heart!!
20. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
sammy rules in India. from lower end $110 galaxy y to $710 Note II, its every where.
3. aayupanday (Posts: 517; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Here, bollywood stars prefer Blackberry to Apple or Samsung.
The place where I live is full of Samsung cafes.
Nokia stores are being replaced by them...
5. enemy_dil (Posts: 7; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)
Finally good news can't wait for others to follow!
AND MORE STORES ACROSS THE COUNTRY!
God bless India
7. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Do you want another scam like what happened with 2G allocation?
9. shreyas.s666 (Posts: 80; Member since: 24 Aug 2012)
2G scam is such a shame to indian government.
10. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
what?? blackberry is still alive??!! I'm shocked
RIM = RIP
14. platformwars (Posts: 70; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
I agree.... RIM with the current phones is pathetic.. but the thing is that BBM is still very popular in India and almost everybody has it.. All my friends,, everybody in the office, the Television stars, movie stars etc etc.. its basically all because of BBM... if BBM gets ported to any other OS like it was rumoured to be.. then in India also Blackberry would have been a thing of the past.
21. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Same here in Indonesia. Bbm is very popular among the teenagers, I mean like. If u don't have a Bb "hey you're poor kids" "hey, please add me on bbm, *ups sorry I forgot that you don't have a Bb" and so on...its really really pathetic, You can't judge people's economy by their phone. That being said. A scavenger near my house use BlackBerry bold,
I really really hate Bb, that said, I'm still using it as my second phone for bbm, its really hard to contact your friends or family if u don't have a Bb
Some people think that having a blackberry smartphone is cool, Well, until they own one, my friend who has a blackberry shocked after they see what my gnex capable of
17. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
BBM keps it ticking amogst kids in India ... but that's also losing ground. BB survived because cariers were pushing it and buyers know a sh*t about BB. When we tell them you cannot sync mail & PIM data over a normal mail server even over IMAP then they know what a big piece of SH*T it is and then start doing a bcc of all mails being sent to get a copy of mail on server.
22. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Waiting for pikapowerize's comment
11. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1077; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
All these cafe tricks are just gimmicks! It wont take long for these cafes to shut down if BB cant launch a decent phone that can compete in the market!
BB aint starbucks, its a phone manufacturer...they should venture into cafes once their base product starts selling!
25. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 391; Member since: 24 May 2011)
All I see here are Samsung cafes.....Samsung cafes everywhere...and maybe a couple of those imagine apple stores. Samsung rules here in Goa. And I love my Galaxy S II more than my new iPad..