Indian OEM Micromax will expand to Europe and the U.S.; new Windows Phone on tap for 2014
0. phoneArena 26 Oct 2013, 22:31 posted on
India's own Android powered handset manufacturer Micromax is expanding to the U.S. and European smartphone market; a published report out of India says that the company will launch a new smartphone in Russia before the end of the year. In the report, Micromax co-founder Rahul Sharma said that the company will produce its first 4G LTE phone by December 2014 and a Windows Phone flavored handset next year...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. woodshop20 (Posts: 426; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
They have a cool logo, but their phones aren't that good.
Their new Canvas Turbo costs $325, has a rather low end 1.5 GHz Mediatek chip and looks like the Samsung S4, HTC One and the iPhone 5s had a threesome.
For that price I would wait for the Nexus 5 (which would only be slightly more expensive) or the Moto G.
4. cse.vicky (Posts: 45; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
Well, the problem is that Nexus 5 price as you see in US is not the same as in India, hence 325 for that specs is good one.
But well I would not recommend one :)
5. nsrsindia (Posts: 11; Member since: 15 Oct 2013)
Exactly. Nexus 4 costed around 550$ on Launch in India.
Where Micromax top mobile still float aroung 325$.
Go Micromax Go.
8. Jason2k13 (Posts: 424; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Micromax dont make their own phones, they just re-brand chinese phones.
3. raunak (Posts: 458; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
"Indian OEM Micromax". Read the title atleast even if you don't want to read the article.
13. dan86 (Posts: 296; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Unfortunately you were booed by raunak. Learn to appreciate the efforts and workmanship of new companies. Apple iPhone is not the entire world.
17. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Did I even mention iPhone? Did I even post anything that sounded like iPhone. Clearly Apple iPhone is your world.
6. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2951; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I will not recommend Micromax to anyone. Simply because the after-sales service is moot! It's getting better but not there yet.
Devices are not that bad, not the best but does justice to the price.
7. Miracles (Posts: 196; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
I doubt Micromax will get any attention here consider all the brands that rock in the US. But it'll probably be compared to like *_*(damn I can't think of any trashy phones cuz they don't exist anymore) but yeah its always harder starting out in a new market unless your Apple or Google.
9. -box- (Posts: 3470; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Everyone has to start somewhere, and competition is a good thing. I welcome another company.
11. amanlife249 (Posts: 6; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
It' should sell good in India now. Hugh Jackman is new guy endorsing it so good it's expanding.
12. nadarbsm (Posts: 23; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
Indian OEM Micromax.. OEM.??
whr the hell did OEM come from..?? all they do is re-brand chinese phones... they dont manufacture any phone....
16. Miracles (Posts: 196; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
Agree with ya. I don't think they have the materials to make something new and innovative pop outta the box. If they had started out with the Chinese, then it there would be some decent white boxers at low prices.
14. saiki4116 (Posts: 264; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
You ar a thief, only if you are caught..Same thing Applies to Micromax Phones..They are Great Phones, until they hit a snag. It would better for them to improve the after sale support in INDIA, then move on to other markets.
15. 9_HeLLs_oF_DrOid (Posts: 113; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
Expand themselves to the U.S. and Europe? Micromax doesn't even produce original designs and the only thing that has made Micromax famous in India is cheap prices. Not to forget that theie after-sales service is horrible.
18. rahul.niks (Posts: 5; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
I don't know why people kept on commenting when don't know a single thing, micromax may had been copying the design back in 2012 but since its canvas series become premium, its just their own version, it does not have patents like other big companies does but seeing its efforts, i wish them luck and yeah, they do offer aluminium body like htc one does and seeing the area for improvement for them, they will definitely break into global markets