Indian KitKat contest winners get the shaft, receive last year's Nexus 7 and not the 2013 edition
0. phoneArena 09 Dec 2013, 04:16 posted on
Very few of us can say no to a tasty KitKat treat, which is precisely why we got super-excited when we first heard of a contest, organized by Nestle and Google, which will allow a 1000 lucky winners to get their hands on Google's latest Nexus 7. The 2013 edition. For free. So long as you have some mouth-watering confectionery...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. vvpvijay (Posts: 2; Member since: 09 Dec 2013)
Yes definitely a scroogled campaign from Nestle and Google India. Worst part is that their international associates and top honchos dont even know about in. Been covering this on comboupdates since the start of the contest never so such shoddy organizers
4. rf1975 (Posts: 238; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Not a surprice from a company who do evil things, stealing and privacy breach.
When they get caught, they will tell this not by us, some of our thirdparty contractor done. Like mocality case.
2. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 618; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
That's completely fine for me since i didn't won any. Ha ha ha ha ha....
3. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 846; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Not only misleading but complete crap. It's not worth the price difference to shaft customers and get a bad reputation in a market as big as India or anywhere for that matter.
5. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2337; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
I'll be fine with this because at the EOD, i'm getting a tablet which is one of the best in the industry.
6. weedl (Posts: 50; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
is this racism ???different country different prize
7. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 846; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Nah, just cheapism with some screwism.
9. samirsshah (Posts: 61; Member since: 10 Mar 2011)
You do not realize racism unless you are at the receiving end. To put the things in perspective, the southerners in US could have said "different color, different bus seats" to blacks and you would have accepted it.
16. samirsshah (Posts: 61; Member since: 10 Mar 2011)
I take back my words that this was racist. I was carried away by heat of the moment. For them to be racist there needs to be malicious intent which is not the case here.
8. AfterShock (Posts: 2124; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Someone there, pocketed the difference.
10. samirsshah (Posts: 61; Member since: 10 Mar 2011)
I will try to avoid Google and Nestle products as much as I can.
13. eisenbricher (Posts: 970; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Me too.. already shifting to MS-Nokia alliance.
17. samirsshah (Posts: 61; Member since: 10 Mar 2011)
I said that in heat of the moment. I will NOT avoid Google and Nestle products.
11. o0Exia0o (Posts: 317; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
I dont respect Nestle for such a cheap move like this cheating people out of a promised prize like this. I can only hope that this is an isolated incident. I just about expect google to step in them selfs and right this wrong. SHAME NESTLIE INDIA SHAME!
12. rusticguy (Posts: 2819; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
MNC's love screwing up in India and they think it's their birth right to do so.
15. manupillai87 (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Dec 2013)
ONE BIG FACTOR that is driving Indian #AndroidKitkat Winners Crazy is that NEXUS 7 (2013) IS currently a "HUGE" HIT in INDIA ! THEY WANT IT BADLY ! and it's a PRIDE to have the NEXUS 7 (2013) right now !
So GOOGLE MUST REALIZE THIS IMMENSE popularity of the their NEXUS 7 (2013) and utilize this moment to turnover this SHAME into a much stronger PR event !
Google has lot of (INDIAN) brains ! I am sure they can figure it out..how to do that in a cost effective manner !
18. vvpvijay (Posts: 2; Member since: 09 Dec 2013)
Thanks all for your continuous support :) we achieved what we wanted. Nestle India is shipping the Nexus 7 2013 to Indian winners :)