India to get last year’s Nexus 10, starting at $480
0. phoneArena 06 Nov 2013, 15:27 posted on
The brand spanking new Nexus 5 is grabbing all the headlines, but the Nexus 10, introduced last October...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
This is the main problem...
If india gets same price as well with same release date as US gets , Nexus will be FOREVER out of stock !
9. Mittal (Posts: 491; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
i think the pricing is fair... Google need not feel obligated to offer a bargain everywhere. Whats sweet is that it is still a bargain compared to phones running similar hardware.
The Nexus 4 sold well in India, being approx $100 cheaper to comparable devices. So i would expect the N5 also to be a hit here.
Though i am pretty confident that the Nexus 10 will bomb here
2. Miracles (Posts: 560; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
Google's tryin to make bank in other countries...atleast we get an awesome price. Forget Google...Apple products are like sold at crazy prices in third world countries.
3. li0nh3art (Posts: 28; Member since: 05 Aug 2012)
The main problem is the government and taxes.
In India, custom duty is huge and this is the reason for the hike in the phone's price.
INR is also not helping against USD :( I got a Nexus 4 last year for 23159 INR.. and if I import for the same price.. I'll get it for around 31000 INR
4. Miracles (Posts: 560; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
Yeah tax. That that black money gotta go somewhere..don't know much about Indian government but yeah...I vote Modi for upcoming election :D
Anyway INR to USD is getting farther apart. 500 INR isn't worth anything these days...When I used to live in India...even 50 rupees could get you a proper lunch.
7. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Haha in my place for 50INR I will get biriyani rice without piece ;)
8. Miracles (Posts: 560; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
Hehe atleast you get the rice. I don't think u ought to get much from 50 INR nowdays.
10. rd_nest (Posts: 1093; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
You retards never stop discussing politics anywhere. Go some place else. This is a tech blog. No wonder you people are so disgusting.
11. Miracles (Posts: 560; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
Wow...can you read? I only mentioned politics once...when I named a politician above. Rest of the posts are about money. Also I'm not even Indian to begin with...I only lived there for a 2-3 years.
If ur butt hurt...go somewhere else. Also its a free place...I can discuss anything I want.
5. skyline88 (Posts: 378; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
the 16GB base model of Nexus 10 is available in my country for 270 USD, and it is 50 USD cheaper than iJunk mini