India may ban Android over adult content
0. phoneArena 16 Jul 2013, 09:39 posted on
With instances of frisky content allegedly available for free via Android applications in Inida, the country's Telecom Minister, Kapil Sibal, has reached out to the media for suggestions on how to deal with the issue...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9723; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You posted a comment a minute after the article was published. Clearly you didn't read the article.
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9723; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I clicked on the article when it said posted a minute ago, and a comment was already here lol. Don't defend SingDaFire.
12. amansingal14 (Posts: 306; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
@PapaSmurf I think he was just being sarcastic.
14. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
I'm not defending his opinion, but I read the article in about 40 seconds and english isn't my first language and with the thoughtless comment it is, it's posiible he might have read it and then quickly commented to be the first one.
43. tedkord (Posts: 6761; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Perfect for his really, really small intellect.
10. amansingal14 (Posts: 306; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
@SingDaFire - What a troll/fanboy you are...
18. Mittal (Posts: 491; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
if i want porn and dont find good enough Apps, then ill open my browser...
what has the store gotta do with it ?!
Ya will be different story if they ban porn sites altogether..
(fingers crossed ) :P
4. cse.vicky (unregistered)
I think Nokia will be back !!
32. mobi_user (Posts: 123; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
If you don't know, windows market place does not have any app with adult content.
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9723; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I don't think they'll ban Android from India. Android has the most market share over there, followed by BB and iOS. And idk about Google saying there's no porn apps, I've seen a few (search results) that have maybe slipped in and seem really sketchy. But doesn't iOS also have porn apps too?
15. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
iOS doesn't have porn apps. Not a single one.
11. Whateverman (Posts: 3236; Member since: 17 May 2009)
My friends of Indian decent, please don't take offense to this question but... Isnt India the birthplace of porn (The Kama Sutra)? Okay, maybe not the birthplace but you know what i mean. And I mean no disrespect with my question, it just seems ironic that the place where the best sex manual came from is banning porn.
17. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Haha.. lol. A sex book doesn't mean porn. Over the years, we humans have made paintings, books, videos about sex and while kamasutra might be the most popular and oldest book about sex, it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with porn.
The point here is that if the play store itself has the porn apps, then even kids using mobiles will be able to download them. Sure, you can always visit porn sites for that, but that's not really in Google's hands.
If Google Play policies say there must be no porn apps, then Google really has to do its part and what it can to stop it.
40. Whateverman (Posts: 3236; Member since: 17 May 2009)
*Sigh*. I know it's not porn.
And the point here is banning Android, in this sense, is like banning Blu-Ray players just because you cab get porn on it. You're just looking for another opportunity to take a jab at the platform. If this is true, it's beaning done by people who don't understand the technology in the first place, so banning Android will do nothing to stop people from seeing and view porn. Nice try, but that was a fail.
Also, the Play store doesn't have porn apps. It has a bunch of girls posing, that's about it.
20. Zeus.k (unregistered)
Lol. I'm from India and you have a valid question actually. Elections are near so it's all political. As far as banning Android is concerned, well that's never gonna happen. India is a democracy and I don't think 130 billion people would agree to that. Btw title of the article is really exaggerated.
42. Whateverman (Posts: 3236; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Thank you for for the education sir. +10
46. iyngr (Posts: 67; Member since: 14 Jul 2013)
130 Billion People Really?? Correct your Facts. 130 Crore or 1.3 Billion.
53. Suraj3337 (Posts: 44; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
How dumb! There are about 6 billion people on the earth!
33. mobi_user (Posts: 123; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
Mr.Whatever, I do not know which country you belong from. But use your time to research out the reasons for the book. There is history associated with everything.
39. Whateverman (Posts: 3236; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Com'on, I know the reasons for the book, I know it isn't porn. Lighten up, I was just saying it seem ironic. I meant no offense at all.
47. deburocks (Posts: 126; Member since: 20 Apr 2013)
hmmm..... Dude porn is little different frm kamasutra. . Kmasutra means enjoyinn sexual arousal and climax vid both party benefiting. , whereas u know whats in porno.... Hheheheh
13. Saintmarino (Posts: 12; Member since: 02 Dec 2012)
Blocking the sites/third party sources is the best that they can do, banning the complete platform just for this one reason will be naive. Following the same reasoning internet should be banned as well, where users can always search for pornographic images and videos.
16. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Kapil Sibal, the minister in question is a good for nothing person. His party members were caught watching porn in the parliament leading to national shame. He's a hypocrite and the media is right to attack him. He and his party should start working to curb poverty and develop good infrastructure in the country. Old idiots
21. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Moreover, he looks like Peter Pettigrew from Harry Potter.
19. geetam (Posts: 18; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Inida ?? on 1st sentence.... go home Chris P., u r drunk :P
22. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
So how much did M$ pay (in green money) for letting him "think" about banning android? All this is nothing but wanting bribe from GOOG as elections are round the corner next year and his Party needs lot of moola for that.
23. yowanvista (Posts: 338; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Totally false news. Its shocking that this has been posted this without any sort of verification. Kapil Sibal wants adult content on Play Store removed that'a all. More Reputable Sources:http://www.nextbigwhat.com/kap
il-sibal-seeks-views-from-media-on-adult-apps-on-android-297/andhttp://www.dnaindia.com/scitec h/1859841/report-kapil-sibal-calls-for-views-to-regulate-adult-content-on-google-s-android.Indian Media sucks. They are known to twist facts and words as they find it suitable.
PA authors should check before writing nonsense.
26. freebee269 (Posts: 529; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
" Indian Media sucks. They are known to twist facts and words as they find it suitable."
the same can be said about u.s. media, especially around election time.
27. deburocks (Posts: 126; Member since: 20 Apr 2013)
Wnat a loser k.s is.... Why dont they ban flesh trade, female trafficking instead. yup there are porno stuff in droids and even if google claims its very much filtered , so they are just lying to themselves. But that dosent means banning n o.s alltogether. He himself is a big time pervert, and so most of the politicians. and btw i cant see ms hand behind it altogether , stop dragging msft or nokia in it. . Maybe one of the minister got caught watching some porno in his android handset. And he blamed the links in the app( advt).haha... Chronicles of p@rnia.... Lmao
28. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 887; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
That won't happen, there are Indian phone and other electronics makers using and dependant on Android.
29. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
WTF India? i was plannin on visit that country next year. you can also watch porn on your computer u ever thought of that?
31. phonemonkey (Posts: 168; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
did anyone else read the article with an indian accent?
36. FanOfNone (Posts: 5; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
yeah i did, because i'm an Indian, now u can read my comment in indian accent too :P
34. JMartin22 (Posts: 1569; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
I'm sure glad I don't live in one of these developing countries. They need to develop a new mind set and get out of the age where tyrants and kings shepherded and oppressed their people.
35. FanOfNone (Posts: 5; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Hate Indian politicians, instead of focusing on core problems ! they focus on things which are not even a problem ! GDP growth has slowed down to just 5.6%, poverty is still a big issue ! but no, all they want to do is ban some cute little porn apps !
48. deburocks (Posts: 126; Member since: 20 Apr 2013)
they just f@@@d our country bro. SOme people dont even have money to buy food and basic stuff , leave alone a phone . On the other hand these politicians and some corrupt govt officials( babulog) have millions lying in their swiss account and at home . The indication of decrease in gdp and fall in money reflects that what damage many of these termites have done. Instead of uplifting the standard of living and helping out poors, they fight like wild dogs, the only difference is that they f@@@n dont kill each other, hahahaha....
37. androidrocks (Posts: 48; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
What will the **AAKASH** tablet run on???????? window$???
38. complicationnme (Posts: 3; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
Kapil sibal is going mad if goverment allow to have sex at 16 thn they should know how to do it
41. varuntis1993 (Posts: 47; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
yeaa he can ban it.....but only in his dreams, someone tell kapil sibal to focus on bringing NTP 2012 rather than wasting time on such topics
44. vaibhavaggarwal (Posts: 44; Member since: 05 Jul 2013)
you people really love to overhype and exaggerate all types of little things happening in the eastern third-world countries........i mean the headline is simply preposterous....
45. JunitoNH (Posts: 1238; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
We all know India does not need more [C]orney men walking the streets, God only knows.
49. adit38 (Posts: 25; Member since: 02 Jul 2013)
now everybody bought lumia for acses adult content from theirs smartphone??
51. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3428; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
No, its not possible, this will not happen, Android will remove the adultery content from Playstore for India.
52. pranith (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
This is really cheap trick played by Indian politics to grab the money. India is big good platform for any goods n things. The android users in india are growing enormously. Due to the open source of platform. To make the money from google n to fil politicians pockets they are giving this statements. Isn't it stupidity to ban droid rather than finding the better way to avoid porn. There are many apps in play store which helps alot ex:google maps etc etc that to freely so stupid policians dump yo stupid 1940's brains in garbage n think better towards development of country
54. Alaukika22 (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Sep 2013)
This is next to impossible that Android get Ban .. But By reading Out this article I came across one more articles. ON Anodroid Get Ban In INdia on Voniz.com and more .