India becomes third largest smartphone market in the world, after US and China
0. phoneArena 27 Jun 2013, 07:20 posted on
India just zipped past Japan in Q1 to become the third largest smartphone market in the world, which explains the special attention everyone is placing on it, scrambling to get a foothold...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Daniel, interesting photo you have chosen here. :D
3. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
can you guess what phone that guy in the picture used? XD
8. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Looks like a Nokia, but I can't say which model. :)
9. geetam (Posts: 18; Member since: 15 May 2013)
This photo has been on internet for 10 years bro !! India is growing fast !!
24. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
I had that phone. Yeah that phone definitely looks like it.
18. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Degrades image of PA for me further..
20. asingha94 (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
If you people think we are at stone age...sadhu baba country..Then you people should know we are way ahead of your imagination & live in your dream!!!!
46. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I didn't have said anything about your country. :)
48. asingha94 (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
you didn't but your mentality indicates!
2. geetam (Posts: 18; Member since: 15 May 2013)
saint ?? you got only that photo Daniel ?? WTF
15. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Seriously. This just looks plain rude to me as an Indian... reflects a stereotypical view of a first world person towards India, which is horribly wrong.
C'mon, you don't see thousands of people walking on road barefooted and with a white beard with a smartphone in hand. Please change the image.
19. YuLeven (Posts: 50; Member since: 14 May 2013)
I'm not Indian nor part of some PC brigade, but I honestly agree that the photo is a biased view of Indian people. Absolutely unnecessary. And I bet most people would be offended if in a article about American users the author posted a pic of a fat, stupid looking redneck carrying a smartphone in his jeans arround. Sided with a gun.
29. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
This is the usual mindset of people who live in a CAVE. Ignore is the best abuse for guys who dervie pleasure and try to display sense of superiority through these insults. They are armchair critics with no knowledge of what India was or is .... they see through eyes of corrupt "Human Watch/Rights" Church funded organizations which are best examples of organizations with double standards where no one spoke when Churchill Gassed the KURDS but half the world went after "Chemical Ali" on some grounds of fictitoius WMD in Iraq.
34. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
You're going too deep for a mobile phone news site -__-
25. Daniel.P (Posts: 105; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
Sorry, folks, didn't realize the guy talking on the phone is a monk, just thought it's a cool photo. Thumbnail changed and apologies...
27. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
So what that he is a monk? It is funny photo, nothing bad. :)
31. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
No no, there's no religious issue or such. Just that the whole aura the image throws, is nowhere near to current India.
57. yadu004 (Posts: 72; Member since: 26 Apr 2013)
What did u change? the cigarette in his hand?.. c'mon dude that's rude..
10. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
apple is not in top 5.yaay
nokia is 4th
11. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
14. geetam (Posts: 18; Member since: 15 May 2013)
I think nokia is on 3rd place....bcoz of lumia 520 ...carbonn on 4rth
33. AshishRomea (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Sony is no3 as per latest record , plz cross check your source!
n india the smartphone rankings are :
In terms of unit sold
In terms of profits
40. amats69 (Posts: 1461; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
how come Apple comes first in terms of profit when Samsung comes first in terms of unit sold??take note apple not even in your top five in terms of unit sold?? pls explain
16. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
man i must admit canvas series sells just like hotcakes
44. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 408; Member since: 24 May 2011)
interestingly they are really good phones. At that price i didnt hope so, but i was wrong. Micromax doing great job. Waiting for Canvas 4!