Independence Day deal-o-rama: the prices of some Android apps and games slashed
Here's a list of some of the discounted apps on Google Play:
- Jump Desktop (RDP & VNC) - $4.99 (Android)
- SketchBook Pro -$2.99 (Android)
- Fleksy Keyboard - Happy Typing - $1.99 (Android)
- Doodle God - $0.99 (Android)
- Doodle God HD - $1.99 (Android)
- Majesty: Fantasy Kingdom Sim - $0.99 (Android)
- Majesty: Northern Expansion- $0.99 (Android)
- THE KING OF FIGHTERS-A 2012 - $3.99 (Android)
- Wave - $0.99 (Android) ($0.99)
- Sleepy Time - $0.99 (Android)
- OTTTD - $2.99 (Android) ($2.99)
- Scanbot | PDF Scanner - $0.99 (Android)
Download: Grill-it! (Android)
Alas, some discounted apps or games might have slipped under our radar, mind you. If you stumble upon a sweet deal that we've missed, you can share it in the comments section below.
And have a great Fourth of July weekend, folks!
1. tech2 (Posts: 1740; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
I take it, MS doesn't believe in freedom ?
3. tech2 (Posts: 1740; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
LOL.....Any proof for that elaborate claim ?
Out of the several games listed up there more then 80% don't exist on Windows Store and a quick price check on couple of games which do exist are:
Doodle God (not HD) is $1.99 (Twice the price)
Majesty is $1.99 (Twice the price)
So, what do we learn today ?
1. Windows phone has no gamezz and no appzz
2. Even the ones that exist are very expensive.
4. Shatter (Posts: 1957; Member since: 29 May 2013)
I just looked at the windows store, not even 1/4 of my Play store apps I have are on there, it is missing several essential ones. Several look very outdated compared to their android counterparts.
On the other hand I don't see a single app on the windows store that I would use thats not on Android and the Xbox integration for games makes me laugh.
5. tech2 (Posts: 1740; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Its not just about the app being there or missing. But even the ones that do exist are very poorly managed. Dev are hardly bothered to update them.
Even an app like Whattsapp is poorly supported. It takes ages to start. If you read some of the (latest) reviews it says it crashes a lot and is unable to send songs and has issues with push notification.
MS is just trying to paint a holy picture for their OS with the help of some fanboys but the reality couldn't be more distant.