In the U.S., don't forget to move your clock ahead 1 hour
Last year, not only did some iOS devices not change the time correctly, it actually moved the clock on some devices back an additional hour. You can imagine the chaos and havoc that created. Last year, we heard of one iOS user in Florida whose clock was running on Chicago time. And one user in Arizona, where Daylight Savings Time is not observed, had his clock moved ahead by one hour. Even Siri was confused last year as in response to inquiries about when DST would start, she responded with the wrong date!
If you're just getting up on Sunday and it is after 2am, check with another source just to make sure that your Apple iPhone or Apple iPad is giving you the correct time.
2. Contreramanjaro (Posts: 153; Member since: 04 Dec 2011)
It was originally made for farmers and such so they had more hours in the daylight to do market stuff. Like if prices changed daily or something, the store was open and hour later or something. That's the explanation I always got.
8. CliffordVII (Posts: 3; Member since: 06 Nov 2012)
its the Illuminati. Every now and then they have to do something and needed the time gap.
9. boosook (Posts: 1236; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
We save a lot of money because we have one more hour of light so we keep the lights off for an houre more each day. That's the real reason why it has been done at the beginning. What's more, we have light until late and this is good because when we get off work we still have 2-3 hours of daylight that we can enjoy in outdoor activities and so on. In the morning, we'll have one hour more of darkness, but this usually is not a problem because, since the sun rises earlier on summer, we wake up with the sun anyway (at least the majority of us).
3. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
can anyone please explain to me what is the meaning of daylight savings time ? i can't understand it
13. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
It help perserve engery during daylight saving time. first appointed by BENJAMIN FRANKLIN
4. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
why does his happen? its like the sun has a mind of its own choosing what time to shine...
6. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Grrrr...I hate when I lose that extra hour of sleep. :(
10. brar.arsh (Posts: 177; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
You get an extra hour of sleep in October to compensate this.. :D
7. wolverinexmen9 (Posts: 96; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
Has no affect on me... I live in Arizona. We get too much sunlight with 115 degree weather almost all year around. 80 in January, I think not!
16. Veritas_Aurora (Posts: 19; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
i suddenly found the sun began setting after 7:30 p.m. from now on.
11. lyndon420 (Posts: 2702; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
I like how smartphones don't need to worry about this..only iphones lol.
12. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Well according to apple, time moves backwards and the earth is the center of the galaxy.
That's the only explanation behind apple maps and the time bugs.
Oh and its iTime. Patented by apple in 1765.
14. mariosraptor (Posts: 111; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)