In just two months, Samsung ships 10 million units of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3
0. phoneArena 09 Dec 2013, 23:34 posted on
For those of you who were worried about Samsung on the heels of disappointing sales of the flagship Samsung Galaxy S4, you can officially stop worrying. While not sales to end users, Samsung has shipped 10 million units of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phablet in two months. Now this is certainly not the fastest moving Galaxy model, but this is the fastest selling Galaxy Note phablet to date...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
No doubt it's the best Android smartphone in 2013.
2. Thehamster (Posts: 19; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
I believe it is as far as hardware goes, but i am not all that happy with mine. It has issues that such a powerful phone has no excuse for. I'm gonna switch back to HTC as soon as the max is released here in Sweden.
47. Thehamster (Posts: 19; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
Well mainly because touch wiz is so ugly. But the phone also does annoying things. Even with the original case it unlocks itself and goes into menus and calls people from my pocket. So nowi have to have a code on the lock screen even thoughi want it to unpick itself when you open the s-voice case. Also event other timei click the home button it Asia me what to complete the action with, and I have to choose touch wiz and save my choice, every other time! And it of course the quality feel of HTC products. Among other things ...
62. shrimpanzee (Posts: 18; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
Maybe you didn't turn off the high sensitivity for the screen. I had the same problem with my S4, turned off high sensitivity for the screen and no more accidental on screens.
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
HTC One Max is a fail. I don't know about you though, but to me, it's a huge disappointment. The fingerprint scanner is in the wrong location, the same 4 Ultrapixel camera, and the hardware is not wow at all but kudos to HTC for adding a micro SD card slot.
Galaxy Note 3 is better than the One Max, the only good thing about the One Max is the big screen. Just my opinion. But can I know that why you're not happy with your Note 3?
7. zekes (Posts: 229; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)
It might be a fail in sales put the performance is top notch The screen is bigger and it feels premium and the speakers knock the note 3 out and battery life HTC wins hands-down and HTC Sense is well polished
8. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the dual frontal speakers and the Sense UI and those things you mentioned. But you know what? In my country, the One Max is more expensive than the Galaxy Note 3, Xperia Z1, Lumia 1520, and the iPhone 5s (16GB).
The One Max is not worth buying if you ask me, but of course if you give me choose the One Max or the iPhone 5s, I will choose the One Max.
9. zekes (Posts: 229; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)
You didn't have to bring Apple into this I love technology has a hole so I wouldn't say the HTC one that is a fail it's not as great as the note 3 it's far from a failure and even beats the note 3 in key areas
13. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I don't want to mention the iPhone 5s, but I have to because of the price. It's 16GB variant is cheaper then the One Max. But I will still choose the One Max among these two, because iPhone is...meh a toy phone.
But I will still say the One Max is a fail (iPhone 5s is a BIG FAIL so don't include or compare with the One Max), but that doesn't mean I lost my hopes for HTC's next flagship. I'm looking foward to HTC One II or whatever it's called.
17. zekes (Posts: 229; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)
Neither of them are failures but they did in key areas because of the customers needs or wants The iPhone could've been priced lower HTC could have any more features and iPhone is not a toy. I don't even know why that was said it's all about what the customer wants now you wouldn't want and enjoy to monopolize the market would you if so we wouldn't have choices so it is good to have different OSs
18. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I won't say the iPhone is a toy or a fail if it has a big screen. The things I like on the iPhone 5s are the fingerprint sensor and the slow motion video recording, that's all. Why I say it's a fail? Because it's very expensive for a small phone (which many people call it a toy phone or phone for girls) and it has a small screen.
20. zekes (Posts: 229; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)
There might be a little truth to that but the market says otherwise yes it has a small screen but it's still a high-end phone yes it has a dual core but it still has high-end performance but it's more advanced on the UNIX level The foundation that is and yes it is very expensive that's why there's a market for is the way goes there both great phones
60. applesucker (Posts: 81; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
as a samsung fan and a former iphone user the only thing that i like with the 5s is their slow motion video recording but their touch id was a gimmick that was tested by the german hackers though its an open door for all smartphone makers to enhance their security
50. darkkjedii (Posts: 17085; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Xperias become the new resident Troll bro, that's why he's saying all this about the iPhone, when it wasn't even mentioned by the guy who started the conversation. He's looking for attention (green thumbs).
21. skyline88 (Posts: 407; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
had a chance to get hold a unit of One Max just a week ago, first impression:
its just a bigger version of the original One with no added value, carried over the same pathetic Ultra Pixel camera gimmick, and the weight in my pocket feels like a big stone down there. the Sense is no where near the much more user-friendly TouchWiz. and the overall height is almost as ridiculous as the Galaxy Mega. the Max is a cool 100 USD more expensive than Note 3, is it worth it to pay such amount for just a better speaker, a fingerprint (which i doubt many HTC fanboy will admit that they dont ever use it) and slightly larger screen? well, i am done with that and going back to my Note.
54. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Ha ha skyline88. What a show. You almost convinced me until u said touch wiz is better then sense =)). Here take $5...now TROLL back into you're cave.
I'm not saying that sense is perfect... nothing is...but FCKING SYMBIAN is better looking and more fluid than touchwiz.
28. hurrycanger (Posts: 1536; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
How is the battery of the One Max? I know the Note 3 gets 8 hours of screen on usage through a 20 hour period. I thought that was already crazy.
59. Thehamster (Posts: 19; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
I agree with you on the one max hardware and i was also very disappointed when it was released, but most of the functions of the note 3 are useless to me. All the air gestures are turned off and the multitasking is kind of useless because the split screens are filled up with keyboard when chatting. One thing that is absolutely great though is the stylus..
49. sergiobr (Posts: 623; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Note 3 is a monster !!!! 4K video and all the improvements, the best smartphone. I love it.
15. chocolaking (Posts: 491; Member since: 22 May 2012)
They just shipped the units.. they didn't sell it..
okay. please don't believe what samsung is been making ppl believe they have sold they devices..
samsung always lie.. always
23. skyline88 (Posts: 407; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
like how Apple always lie that they're creating the best smartphone in the entire universe? ya, kinda close.
31. Zack20 (Posts: 41; Member since: 10 Dec 2013)
Who doesn't lie? Every company wants to make money, by any way possible.
41. SleepingOz (unregistered)
May be that's why, everywhere I go, I see at least 2people using the Note3.
Your comment reminds more of an unnamed exec of HTC lying about selling 5millions HTC One in the first month.
56. AstronautJones (Posts: 295; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Story clearly indicates shipped and not sold.
30. Zack20 (Posts: 41; Member since: 10 Dec 2013)
I second you! Note 3 is, by far, the best Android smartphone in the market.
43. Daftama (Posts: 605; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
I third that can we get 10 million comments here lol
53. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1202; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Amen to that!
Happy owner of Note 3...the awesomest device out there at the moment!
4. zekes (Posts: 229; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)
There are better phones right around the corner i'll hold my money
38. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10093; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You'll be holding on forever as this trend happens every month.
52. darkkjedii (Posts: 17085; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Exactly, mite as well pull the trigger on something.
63. 21babydoll12 (unregistered)
Most logical statement ive heard all day.
6. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
There's obviously a DOUBLE STANDARD -- when Apple sold 9 million units of its it new devices during launch weekend, the critics are saying Apple products suck since ONLY 9 million units were sold. Then they proceed to point out everything that is bad about say the 5S since it only comes with 1 GB of RAM and how the the 5C is so cheap since it's made out of plastic. How iPhones are just iToys.
Now, Samsung ships 10 millions of the Note 3 in two months and the same critics are saying what a great job Samsung is doing.
10. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Except most of us take these results with a grain of salt. How many of those (and these) devices were actually sold to customers?
Successful devices don't always sell the best.
12. AFnerdTP (unregistered)
i'm sure i'm getting trolled.. but here goes nothing:
1. it's relative.. with Apple's standard, it's not so amazing. just in this article, they talk about how sales of the Note III is so much better than the previous models. so yes, in a way, it is a double standard because people's expectation of Apple is higher.
2. Apple does not compete with any other company when it comes to iOS.. if you want apple products, u buy an iPhone. Note III competes with.. well, just about every freaking phone that's worth mentioning.
14. ausnote2 (Posts: 84; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
You need to argue like with like. 9M iphones are from 4s, 5, 5c and 5s and here this article is only talking about 1 model.
You will fine PA goes both way more so for talking apple up than double standard.
Just be happy with your devices that you have chosen rather than crying double standard.
25. nctx77 (Posts: 1286; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
You are absolutely wrong. The 9 million in one weekend was for the iPhone 5s and the 5c. You see how you tried to twist that. Dude the 5s sold roughly 7 million in one weekend by itself. The 5c sold around 2 mil. Total sales for the quarter included all iphone models, not the launch of the new iPhones. On top of that, those numbers did not include china mobile, which has damn near a billion people. Samsung phones are sold on China mobile.
34. ausnote2 (Posts: 84; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
No need to twist anything as I read it somewhere that that apple does not break out the models. I maybe be wrong if that is the case it is still 5s and 5c which is not like to like as per the original post.
What has china got to do with this argument about double standard.
Chill out man and be happy with what your devices you purchased and basically outlining the weak argument on DOUBLE STANDARD.
22. skyline88 (Posts: 407; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
not sure what is your definition of DOUBLE STANDARD, but Note 3 and those hopeless 5S / 5C are in totally different categories. its like comparing one of the best mobile devices of 2013 with some typical products created by some American corporation and supported by a particular group of...... well, you know the group.
57. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
I'm confused when u say group. Do u mean the group that's being paid to TROLL on websites and praise the plastic corporation ?!
39. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10093; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You're new here and you're already trolling... I give you a week before you get limited.
55. Taters (Posts: 5847; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Yes, total double standards everywhere but they usual favor Apple.
Apple having only a few phones to update compared to Android having 50 jillion phones to update = Apple being awesome with updates and Android sucking. That is only one of the double standards in the itard staple. They have like 50 jillion double standards in their favor.
11. ausnote2 (Posts: 84; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
Galaxy Note 3 deserve the Best Phone for 2013 and hook up to the multimedia dock which include HDMI to 27" monitor, mouse and keyboard, it virtually is a mini PC on the go.
Only dissappointment is on the SOFTWARE side. I toggle between Dolphin, Firefox and Maxthon to get as much as Desktop experience but it is not there yet such as simultaneous running tabs. Android chrome needs to support flash before I even touch it.
19. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3618; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Sammy has the upper hand in the market right now so they are not worrying about not so much selling phones and concentrating on their hot selling current phones as per the demand.
24. nctx77 (Posts: 1286; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
I've noticed a trend with Samsung. Every time there is bad new, they come out with these shipped numbers to try and cover up what was said earlier. I call BS. The same thing happened to the galaxy gear. We had these same big numbers with the S4, then it faded. Sammy is desperate... REAL DESPERATE!!!!
35. ausnote2 (Posts: 84; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
nuh man, YOU sound desperate.
What do you care if a multi billion dollar company post good/bad news?
a paid shill?
27. kenobi (Posts: 35; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
In this imaginary world of samsung: china, Japan and South Korea are southeast Asian countries. I suggest USA is in southeast Africa.
33. Zack20 (Posts: 41; Member since: 10 Dec 2013)
And you probably don't exist in that world! :)
36. noteseries (Posts: 80; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
i had it two in my hand right now... happy note3 user :)
37. livyatan (Posts: 867; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Fastest selling tablet on the planet!: p
And by that I don't mean anything bad, in fact I have one and it is brilliant
42. Topcat488 (Posts: 1318; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
It's called "PHABLET"... And you probably meant what you said in a sarcastic way, but i don't believe you own one. :/
48. livyatan (Posts: 867; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
I wish you just learn to read.
Like I said, I wasn't thinking anything bad with the notion.
And I do own one, and like I said, I love it.
40. _Bone_ (Posts: 2150; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Samsung is not slowing down anytime soon, ppl. just buy more Notes over the regular S phones.
44. gallabk (Posts: 16; Member since: 06 Oct 2013)
Note 3 is a Beast of a phone. After doing some customization on my N9005, it is working smooth and snappy. After Note 3 my phone 5 looks puny and strains my eyes.