In-depth look at new Moto X software: Connect, Active Display, Assist, and more
0. phoneArena 23 Jul 2013, 22:39 posted on
As part of today's DROID lineup announcement, we saw a couple software additions made by Motorola including Touchless Control and Active Display. Well not surprisingly, those features will also be found in the Moto X as well as a slew of other interesting features like Motorola Migrate and Connect, as we're seeing in a new set of software leaks from the X Phone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mottykels (Posts: 383; Member since: 15 May 2013)
How about the battery life with this features?
20. NexusPhan (Posts: 625; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
That's where the X8 computing architecture comes in to play. It will use one low powered core to handle all these with almost no drain on battery. It's an exciting would we live in today.
2. darkvadervip (Posts: 365; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
Sounds like texting and calling getting complicated! I dislike all this crap going into some of these phones. Just give me a good looking phone and screen with fast Internet with quality sound and a simple texting style.
10. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 382; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
Get a WP then.. no one's forcing Android down your throat.
3. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
I do like the features of the "command center", but many of them are things i dont even use, especially the wireless miracast stream to a TV. If i want to take advantage of it, it means buying a new TV.
4. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
A lot of these features are really tied to the power of Google Now, which is growing to be more incredible than ever. In that sense, these features can become more powerful with time as Google improves it's products.
In hindsight, a lot of Samsung's features do look more gimmicky, but I do feel like there are some that have potential like Air View.
5. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Motorola Connect stands out for me. It'll be nice to send texts from Chrome, I always seem to miss notifications when I'm on the computer and have my headphones on.
23. rodkurt (Posts: 128; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
yeah, it would be nice to call and text while using my laptop.
12. galanoth (Posts: 425; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
Nope, it has the same sub pixel layout as the Galaxy Note 2 and the Galaxy S4 Mini.
13. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
What year are you living in, 2011? I'm pretty sure Pentile was killed as a failed experiment.
19. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Then what the f**k do you care? The display on the S4 kicks ass.
16. tech2 (Posts: 3455; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
One of the 2 most highest selling android phones on the market have Pentile Amoled Display, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S3 and yes this is 2013 !
22. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Don't you think they stuck with it for a reason? Yeah if you look close up it looks a bit odd -- but that pixel setup was supposed to fix some issues inherent to their OLED panels. Longevity was one of them, which is crucial considering the blue colors lost brightness 4x faster than the other colors, causing poor color balance and distortion quickly.
The Galaxy S4 got a free pass in a certain sense, in that 441ppi is just so darn dense that you couldn't even see the pentile array even if you tried.
7. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1214; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
do people use google now or voice that much? i never really used it yet... only once or twice? So i would probably turn all these features off from the moto X.
21. NexusPhan (Posts: 625; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Wow you are really missing out. I use it many times a day. If you travel ever its amazing. It's probably my favorite feature of my phone.
8. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
With all these nice features will any of the new so called smartphones know when to start recharging. I swear all smart phones are dumb in this regard no matter when you plug it in, it will begin to recharge the battery. Motorola with their seemingly useful chip which can be programmed to do different things should be able to take instructions to not charge my phone unless I tell it to or when I set the battery level auto recharge when plugged in(this would mean no more overcharging because you left it at home on the charger by mistake).
15. threeline (Posts: 267; Member since: 11 Sep 2011)
Doesn't most phones turn off charging once the "battery 100% charged" state is reached?
18. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3718; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Yes, these features are pretty impressive for me too.
24. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 867; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
Why can't they launch a device with software like this using the hardware of the the Droid Razr Maxx HD. Instead they have to go all iPhone and start cutting out great things like microHDMI and a microSD slot.
25. pattpatt37063 (Posts: 6; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Pentile also make the color look greenish and on the latest leak the moto x screen look red when displaying white compare to Samsung amoled which will be bluefish when displaying white