In Tajikistan you can divorce your wife with an SMS
All they have to do is to write the word "talaq" three times and then send the message - according to Muslim law, saying the triple talaq is just enough to divorce your wife, but it seems sending a message with it does the job as well.
Tajik men may be facilitated by this divorce option, but clerics in the country are actually divided on the issue - some say it's "too impersonal" to leave your wife with a message and have issued a fatwa against it.
Singapore has banned this practice, while it's allowed in UAE under certain circumstances. A scholar in Qatar has ruled out it's fine to divorce your wife via an e-mail.
source: Mobiledia via textually.org
1. Cool (unregistered) posted on 30 Apr 2011, 03:04 1 1
2. Shahid Najam Afridi (unregistered) posted on 30 Apr 2011, 04:33 5 1
Yeah, I am muslim too. I am from Pakistan. Actually Talaq means Divorce in Arabic and Urdu Lanaguage(Pakistani National langauage). If Some one says about divore to his wife three times even in funny mode or anger mood. it will be considered that you have divorced your wife.
3. cellgeek82 posted on 30 Apr 2011, 05:19 1 1
I'm glad we don't do that in America. The divorce rate would skyrocket. We live in a "me, me, me" society. Help others and love others, but look out for yourself first. That's what we've become.
4. JeffdaBeat posted on 30 Apr 2011, 12:16 4 1
I wish we did have this in the US...you wouldn't have to pay for devorce court.
9. remixfa posted on 30 Apr 2011, 18:29 1 0
depends.. will men still be saddled with alimony? The most rediculous thing ever. If not.. then GO FOR IT! :)
5. Tajik (unregistered) posted on 30 Apr 2011, 13:33 1 1
This article is a huge BS. I am from that country and it is not the way people divorce. They still have to submit papers to a court to divorce them. But who ever wrote this article thought it would be funny.
6. nemesis666 (unregistered) posted on 30 Apr 2011, 17:36 1 1
Please don't even post news relating to the degradation of women..
7. nemesis666 (unregistered) posted on 30 Apr 2011, 17:38 0 0
Cannot govern themselves.....
10. luis_lopez_351 posted on 01 May 2011, 01:49 1 0
Live hypocrite ^^^: uncivilized people dont judge others ;)...im not civilized like a human should be.
8. luis_lopez_351 posted on 30 Apr 2011, 17:55 1 1
what if the wife doesnt read the messages? or someone else texts the wife but it wasnt her husband? this is so going to cause alot of controversy
13. remixfa posted on 01 May 2011, 15:26 0 0
can you marry someone the same way? say "i marry you" 3 times. If so, find the hottest rich chick you know and start texting her!! :)
11. ARH (unregistered) posted on 01 May 2011, 08:02 0 0
This is true that in Islam only the word Talaq is required three times for divorce..But for the enemies of Islam I would like to remind them that in Muslims the ratio of divorce is much lesser than the followers of other religion and this is because of the respect given to women in Islam and remember Allah says in the Holy Quran that the most disliked act allowed by HIM is divorce.
15. Markman2012 posted on 03 May 2011, 15:59 0 0
Dont make it into a Religus Discussion honestely whats the point