In 2016, can you imagine living without a smartphone?
1. Arch_Fiend (Posts: 1940; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
Went a month without it last year, wasn't that bad acually so I think I could live without it.
5. hellbread (Posts: 309; Member since: 21 Nov 2014)
I remember those good old times when no one could find me. Than I got phone in '98...
43. pixel8or (Posts: 57; Member since: 10 Jun 2010)
Yep, just like when a person could start a fresh life. Not that way anymore. Big brother is watching, and we LIKE it...
22. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3606; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
If you occupy yourself with other things, it's actually easy.
26. Arch_Fiend (Posts: 1940; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
IKR I like to read so when I didn't have a phone that was mostly what I did.
37. MSi_GS70 (unregistered)
Those said no those are litle kiddos 10 12 year old..
44. Xperia_droid (Posts: 39; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
Same here. i survived 3 months with my Nokia 2600 after losing my Nexus 5, but finally back with another Nexus :D
2. tyrionTheWise (unregistered)
As long as I have a dumbphone and a nice laptop, yes.
42. SmartNingen (Posts: 46; Member since: 02 Apr 2015)
^This. As long as I have a device that I can use to connect to the Internet wirelessly and a wireless phone I am good. It needn't be a smartphone or a tablet.
3. phonehome (Posts: 472; Member since: 19 Dec 2014)
In a word, no.
Coming from someone who lived half his life before even 'dumb' cell phones were common.
7. GreenMan (Posts: 776; Member since: 09 Nov 2015)
Yes, I can live without my Nexus and Lumia!
Smartphones in all of their glory still can't hold a candle against a dumb phone in some aspects, like simplicity, ease of use, compactness and above all, BATTERY LIFE! An hour of charge on my Nokia 103 makes it last almost a week!
And most importantly, a dumb phone is the perfect antidote to cure smartphone addiction...
8. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1981; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
I SAY yes i could,i only make calls on my phone, and surf the net on my pc.as i am now.
9. w1000i (Posts: 65; Member since: 22 Jul 2015)
My brother he doesn't like to carry a phone, and he's always addicted to his Ipad
10. ZeneticX (Posts: 60; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Yes. As long there is something else for me to access the Internet
12. Totse2k15 (Posts: 448; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
Yes to Smartphone. NO to PC and the internet.
14. Planterz (Posts: 1999; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
A few years back, I had no phone (then a dumb phone), but couldn't live without my computer. With a smartphone, I could probably live without the computer, if I had to.
15. refillable (Posts: 1038; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
With a dumb phone and a PC, I don't think a smartphone is needed.
16. Jairus24 (Posts: 44; Member since: 20 Jan 2012)
Yes, I already spent two months of vacation without it and I didn't even long for it as I got plenty of other fun things and activities I could focus on to.
17. Arschsalat (banned) (Posts: 158; Member since: 29 Feb 2016)
I can't live
If living is without you
I can't live
I can't give anymore
21. Wiencon (Posts: 1719; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
18. VVayne (Posts: 57; Member since: 01 Oct 2015)
Nope. It's like loosing a hand.
Not gonna happen.
28. yoosufmuneer (Posts: 1469; Member since: 14 Feb 2015)
you can live without a hand. After all its not your d*ck.
19. darkkjedii (Posts: 19470; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yep, it's called adaptation. We adapted to them, we can adapt to not having them.
20. Boybawang (Posts: 83; Member since: 02 Jun 2013)
A laptop with Internet should keep me BC.
24. Shocky (Posts: 2107; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Yes, so long as I have my PC I'm good.
Besides there are many replacements for various functions of a smartphone, media players, mp3 players, camera, video recorders, sound recorders.
Worst comes to worse I'll break out the old portable cd player. :D
25. avalon2105 (Posts: 225; Member since: 12 Jul 2014)
Since there are days when I'm too occupied with other stuff to even check the time on my phone, I'd say that i would manage. Then, there are days I use it for 10h or more so it would require some adjustment. I guess that "moderation" thing is the key.
30. antmiu2 (Posts: 295; Member since: 19 Jun 2011)
CAN YOU "IMAGINE"? Yes, and its not so hard, just picture 10 years ago, 2006 The world was just fine without smartphones.
34. Crispin_Gatieza (Posts: 1559; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
I had smartphones in '06. I was on my 2nd Treo.
35. Crispin_Gatieza (Posts: 1559; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
I've had cell phones since '92. Back then it was a phone and a beeper because Bell South Mobility's rates were $.60/minute. I could easily go without a smartphone but I'd still have to have a phone (I have a special needs child).
38. Coconut00 (Posts: 441; Member since: 13 Jan 2015)
If everybody left their phone, I could imagine living without a smartphone, otherwise, I can't imagine living without it.
40. toyboyz (Posts: 176; Member since: 22 Jan 2010)
Smart phone yes a general cell phone no because of the direct connect.
41. Sondae (Posts: 277; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
Nope can't live without it. You need a fast communication specially in business or urgent moment like emergency or to keep touch with your love one.
45. 0kax0el0 (Posts: 125; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
Would have to go back to paper books, paper maps, but yes, I could live without it.
47. HTC_ONE_MAX (Posts: 148; Member since: 06 Feb 2015)
playing with iPad most of the time,instead of smartphone i can go with a device like iPod Touch.
48. TheGranter (Posts: 41; Member since: 28 Jan 2016)
from 18 to 21 i didnt own a phone, now i'm 25 and my z3 is broken so i need to send it back 1month without a smartphone. No lose.
If you are that addicated to it you have some serious issues where your friendcircle lives inside of their phones. HF with your "lifes" lol
49. rnagic (Posts: 148; Member since: 13 Jul 2014)
There should be a 90's day where you can't use a cell phone. Landlines only and you have to use disposable polaroids if you wanna take any selfies.