Imagination Technology announces its PowerVR Series6 GPUs, efficient might coming to our gadgets
0. phoneArena 10 Jan 2012, 13:44 posted on
In layman's terms, Series 6 promises to be 5x more efficient in terms of power consumption than the Series 5 that is in the iPad 2, but providing the whopping 20x its performance. We'll let this one sink in for a bit...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. downphoenix (Posts: 2768; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
I would love to see PowerVR return to desktops. With the exceptional handling of mobile processors they have one, I would see excited to see them go up against Nvidia and ATI in that department.
4. Daniel.P (Posts: 102; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
Imagination seems to be also thinking about it, the press release says:
"PowerVR Series6 sets a new benchmark for high performance, ultra-low power GPU cores, scalable for markets from mobile and tablet to high end gaming and computing."
5. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
now I know what gpu to pray for in the quad core exynos sgs3.
holey frikkin crap!!!!
6. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Does this mean console quality gameplay?
7. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
100 gflops?? yes, most definately console quality possibilities.
8. thebikerboi2 (Posts: 144; Member since: 01 Apr 2011)
I could see console games like halo and call of duty running on our phones within the next couple of years.
10. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
If one of those fast-moving android tablet makers get this out quick, we could have an iPad killer.