Images taken with the camera on the Samsung Galaxy S IV are leaked
0. phoneArena 07 Feb 2013, 23:58 posted on
A few pictures allegedly taken with the camera on the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S IV have been seen and while the subject matter isn't that interesting (unless you're into dots or a Twister fiend); one negative, if these pictures are from the sequel to the current Android flagship, the Samsung Galaxy S IV might not sport a 13MP camera...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
The photographer don't know how to snap shot or what? It looks vibrant to me :(
20. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1084; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
what is this?
why would sammy or anyone leak such bad quality images to create hype for the S IV?
In short its fake!
22. wendygarett (unregistered)
Photographer is the real fake I guuess
2. krimHD (Posts: 106; Member since: 23 May 2012)
seriously i wonder what he was doing or thinking. maybe he thought the camera has the same tech as the lumia 920
3. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
...in the hands of an amateur!!
Look at number 2...total mistake.
4. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 703; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
it shows 8mp camera again ..... if its 8mp camera again, than no to s4
7. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 271; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
It would be an unfortunate step sideways rather than forwards.
9. wendygarett (unregistered)
But again, Samsung still awesome tho :)
10. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 271; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
They make good products, but not without flaws.
11. GeekMovement (Posts: 1505; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
No one makes good products without flaws.
21. takay0 (Posts: 144; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
8mp/13mp its will look the same in the phone... if you gonna print in on a big paper only than you will see the diffrence...
23. Jdub0323 (Posts: 9; Member since: 12 Jan 2012)
my professional DSLR camera is 10.1mp and the images would blow any phone away. It's not about the megapixel...it's all about the quality of lens they use....
5. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6560; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Should of let someone else too Test the camera
8. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 271; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
As skeptical as I am about these photos an unimproved camera could sway things in HTC's direction if their ultra pixel technology works out. People want good cameras and while the S3's/Note 2's are very good, they are not class leading. A further step behind could do a little damage to sales.
13. JC557 (Posts: 1125; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
At least they're far above Motorola and their cameras. Motorola has a nice clean UI, good/ great battery life and build quality but they cheap out or made a mistake somewhere with the camera.
16. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
lmfao... "ultra-pixel technology" ??? I think you'll find it's the same HDR (stacking) technology that is already being used on the Sony Z. HTC will re-market it of course, but I doubt the changes will bring about any significant improvement in overall camera performance.
19. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
htc makes crappy cameras. They made only two models with decent camera modules. The rest along tiwth this crappy image sense or whatever they call it is a worthless piece of junk. If they use cheap optics and have no bloody idea about photography even the strongest cpu and gpu or any technology won't help them.
26. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 271; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Good, the Sony Xperia Z has a good camera I'm sure, and as I said, even if it is not much of an improvement their latest high end offerings are "good enough" with all the other enhancements they provide. The HTC One X, One X+, DNA. That's three. Samsung's GS IV and Note 2 low light photos are just as horrible. Both companies need to provide better optics, period.
27. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Dont forget the tmobile mytouch 4g slide, its an HTC product
17. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
The pic look pretty impressive tho. Still need some low light samples.
18. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I'm sorry samsung but if your new flagship is going to look like S II with smaller bezel..you';d better put something incredibly stong inside...unless you want to be eaten alive by your competitors.
24. rajamass (Posts: 10; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
My Nokia 5800 can take better pictures than these
28. 9thWonderful (Posts: 232; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
Man i wish they would put stock Jelly Bean into the Galaxy line instead of TouchWiz. I'd actually go back to Android if that was the case. So much cleaner, yet sophisticated than what manufacturers provide. A Galaxy S4 running the N4 software would be like holy matrimony for me. It'll never happen so i guess i'll have to wait to see what BBZ10 has to offer...