Images show Windows Phone 8.1 update nicknamed Cherry Blossom Pink by Nokia
0. phoneArena 28 Mar 2014, 19:46 posted on
We know that Windows Phone 8.1 is coming, that's not really up for debate. There has been talk that there could be a developer preview of the software soon enough, and we've been seeing more and more evidence that the update is out there in various incarnations. The latest comes in the form of leaked pictures which appear to show Nokia testing the update with its own internal nickname: Cherry Blossom Pink...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2015; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
I hope it supports full HD wallpapers :-) , I can defiantly see liveTilepapers on this coming..
3. N-fanboy (Posts: 538; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
I just want to be able to change the app drawer in to a grid form and set a background image to it :-(
4. alterecho (Posts: 1094; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
I had envisioned a different implementation for background images/wallpapers, which could have pleased most everyone.
6. SleepingOz (unregistered)
The way the bg is implemented feels like you're locked in jail. Suits the OS though.
7. hurrycanger (Posts: 1421; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
The screenshot looks like you're looking out a window, so yeah, it does represent the name of the OS.
It's not necessarily looking like a jail though. It can just be any dark room. A really dark room.
11. Penny (Posts: 1342; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
YOU feel like you're locked in a jail. I love the parallax background/transparent tile effect.
And if an OS can make you feel like your locked in a jail...well, I'd say it's pretty sad that you have so much invested in your phone that you need it to feel better about your life. That's the problem with die-hard fans of anything -- they lose perspective and attribute great importance to something truly trivial in their life.
15. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
But every new updates and software upgrades is adding features and opening the platform more open.
So in few years time it will be an half or full open platform.
Even I loved WM more, cause it was open, unlike this WP which I never use though I have a Nokia L1020, and only use it to take great photos and it's Nokia.
To be honest WP is worser than iOS,,,,
8. xoxoGeorges (Posts: 209; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
The lowly 520 will get it so you bet! :p
9. lagdroid (banned) (Posts: 15; Member since: 28 Mar 2014)
Download centre in ie waiting it for since release of wp 8
13. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3454; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I didn't know we have cherry blossom festivals here in Finland lol
14. papss (unregistered)
Wow that clear live tile screen looks striking.. I'm glad someone is doing something visually outside what's been used for 30 years.
17. SemperFiV12 (Posts: 911; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)
Agreed! Tbh I like solid colors, I know a lot of Android enthusiasts call it boring, but its a personal preference that suits me well for the moment. I wonder what haters will say when these tile styles come out!
16. Liveitup (Posts: 1739; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
The best OS keeps getting better:)betteraves