Images reportedly show metal housing for Apple iPhone 6 aka Apple iPhone Air
0. phoneArena 08 Jan 2014, 13:37 posted on
Amid rumors that Apple is testing out iPhones with screen sizes of 4.7 inches and 5.7 inches, a photograph published on Wednesday allegedly shows off the metal housing for the Apple iPhone 6. With the 5.7 inch iPhone rumored to be part of a new line of Apple iPhone phablets to launch in May, we can assume that the body in the picture will house a 4.7 inch panel...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Carlitos (Posts: 410; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Why such a big screen if it's just gonna have a grid of icons?
9. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
you use big screen for widgets ?
26. Jklaz (Posts: 139; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
I also use my big screen for widgets. And by us two replying you're getting a better sample size #whocaresifyouaskedus
46. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
you also use ? good for you but I dont care what you do with your phone. y you answer me ?
48. BiN4RY (Posts: 83; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
If you don't want people answering your question, then why did you even ask it publicly in the first place?
29. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 474; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
Widgets look better on a large screen than rows of apps do...
44. bucky (Posts: 2035; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Yep they do. But optimized apps for screen size are something you are probably not used to. Who cares about the home screen. If the apps are just blown up, it looks like crap
21. Quezdagreat (Posts: 428; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
They will not add another row of icons genius. They would just stretch the display, which mean everything will be larger duh
24. akki20892 (Posts: 3795; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
big screen because to make 10th row of apps........!!!
2. Carlitos (Posts: 410; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Why such a big screen if it's just gonna have a grid of icons?
4. Keas51 (Posts: 4; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
I'm no iPhone lover or anything as I use a S4 and a Nokia 928 for my business and personal phones but just to respond to the screen size comment, every thought someone watching a video on their phone might want something larger than a 4' screen?
12. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
They'll they better hope Apple actually makes it an HD one this time. Otherwise, what's the point?
15. hurrycanger (Posts: 1502; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Apple will. If not, it will be a failure like the first iPad mini. iPhone people aren't so foolish to be happy with 640p 4.7" screen. The iPhone 5 is the sharpest among all 4" phone (or among most?), so the 4.7" brother should follow the footstep.
But then it will likely be a weird resolution again. Maybe 780p or 840p? XD
47. sennarose88 (Posts: 54; Member since: 18 Jun 2009)
Knowing Apple they will most likely double the current resolution. In this case it might would be 2272x1280 pixel. Let's see if Galaxy S5 will get 1440p display or not, it'll be a key decision for the competition.
30. ePoch270 (Posts: 155; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
No. This will be 640, like the 5s(or whatever the resolution is). That way they will revolutionize the industry with the "Air s", which will have a 720 ish display and 1Gb of RAM. They deliberately under utilize the devices in order to incrementally upgrade and pronounce innovation so people will always want to buy them. I don't particularly care for apple products (Note 3 user) but their marketing is genius.
5. darkkjedii (Posts: 15608; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
It has begun, I cannot wait to get my hands on mine this fall
8. ocilfa (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
I've mostly been an android fan, but I'm with you on this. A bigger iphone would be great.
13. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9847; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Same here darkk. BTW, iOS 7.1 is looking fugly. If they keep making redundant changes, I'm scared to see what iOS 8 would look like...
25. trickster_qc (Posts: 86; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
To me, it's pretty obvious that iOS 7 was designed for a bigger screen.
The way everything is packed together in the design ( the text isn't aligned perfectly and not centered properly etc ) make me think iOS 7 is ready for a bigger screen but the device wasn't so they made the 5S and 5C quickly to have people wait another year for a bigger phone.
32. darkkjedii (Posts: 15608; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I like the slide to answer feature, I notice a lotta circles.
35. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Well, there was one story out about a new iPhone being released May, 2014 timeframe. If that is true, you won't have to worry about iOS 8 then. Apple is still trying to get iOS 7 stable (7.1 beta 3 was released to developers earlier this week).
23. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I don't see how the iP6 is 6mm thick with the pic of the chassis. Chassis alone looks like 6mm thick. Then there is the screen, which adds more thickness. Chasis looks larger than 4.7 inch screen size as well. I don't think this is the chasis for the 4.7 inch edition.
31. ePoch270 (Posts: 155; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
That might not be the 6mm chassis. The 6mm could be simply the iPhone 6 or the air, and the chassis in the photo could be the 5.7 incher. I imagine they will have to continue a 4" model to not alienate the tiny hands people.
7. Killertech2099 (Posts: 148; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Well it's bigger i guess, hopefully we get the specs soon
11. whysoserious (Posts: 318; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
I remember the days when Apple was so reluctant about bigger phones. Steve was so proud back then, saying 3.x inch was the perfect size for smartphones.
18. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
2007: Apple says 3.5 inch display is the best screen size
2012: 4 Inch is the best screen size
2014: No guys we were wrong! its 4.7Inch!!
Just a joke!
22. nctx77 (Posts: 1041; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Times change and what people want change.....
28. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 474; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
They will just say 4.7 inches is a good size just not for one handed use... Even though I use my 5-inch phone with relative ease one-handed, and I'm not even a big guy.
27. Jklaz (Posts: 139; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
I believe you mean even more expensive, good sir
34. ePoch270 (Posts: 155; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
Is there a notch for a stylus on the lower right hand corner?
41. iampayne (Posts: 321; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
HAHAHA Jobs just rolled over twice in his grave climbed out did a back flip and lit himself on fire
37. Loubielou (Posts: 398; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Might be big size the screen but What about the Price Apple will want for it thats going to Very Big indeed,thats another part Apple have got to think about,as the Over Value there phones,an with the financial situation not everyone will be able afford these phones
38. Taters (Posts: 4755; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
If that is the 4.7inch one I can't imagine how ridiculously big the 5.7 inch one will look. This is more ridiculous than the one max and z ultra.
39. TechDork (Posts: 262; Member since: 10 May 2010)
Well, let's get the rumor wheel spinnin'!!! Apple seriously needs to work on their secrecy.
42. nctx77 (Posts: 1041; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Are you serious? LOL! Apple is the one who sent out this leak. It's right in the middle of CES. Do you see the coincidence?
40. Topcat488 (Posts: 1250; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Finally a iphone that I can be proud to use (no itoy), and not have to squint my eyes (not tiny) ... Hopefully the keyboard is spread out far enough that the average hand size won't keep hitting the wrong letters... I might even stand in line for a week to be the first to get one... Hahaha, JK about standing in line... Online order, and UPS to my door. :)