Image of unknown Samsung device surfaces
The screen on the Captivate Glyde looks to sharp and bright, but there is no word on the resolution or the type of display it is. It is definitely not Android 4.0, so odds are we are looking at a Gingerbread packing device with Samsung’s TouchWiz user interface on top.
Around the back of the device is said to be an 8 megapixel camera. We do not know the video recording capabilities of this smartphone. The QWERTY looks to be a decent size with four rows.
The Samsung Captivate Glyde, if that is in fact what this handset will be called, is heading to AT&T. Hopefully we will have more information to deliver in the near future. Check out the photo and tell us what you think.
1. Sniggly (Posts: 7297; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Oh god, why did you have to recycle that name, Samsung? The original Glyde was a s**t sandwich wrapped in fried platypus scrotums stitched together by tears and heartbreak.
2. word (unregistered)
Good one, sniggly. That is the first time I've ever seen a pluralization of the word scrotum. And it was legit. Looks like a nice keyboard to me.
4. snowgator (Posts: 3504; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Off hand, Sniggs, how did you feel about the Glide? Don't be shy, tell us your innerrmost thoughts ......
11. msa1988 (Posts: 418; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
I'm with sniggly; that phone looks like crap..
6. tigermcm (Posts: 836; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
LMAO I just busted out laughing at work. Whoops!
10. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
"The original Glyde was a s**t sandwich wrapped in fried platypus scrotums stitched together by tears and heartbreak."
I just shat myself laughing.
13. Sniggly (Posts: 7297; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
The lesson here is that I should go directly from reading The Oatmeal comics to posting here more often.
14. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
lol. nice analogy.
yea.. the glyde.. really??? one of the most bug ridden POS that they every put on VZW?? ugh!! why!!?!? wanna make sure its not bought? lol
7. sid8911 (Posts: 54; Member since: 29 May 2010)
remember the glyde it had its own mind it will go where it waants to go...
8. toaster (Posts: 114; Member since: 13 Sep 2011)
If so, it has a similar spec setup to the GSII. (1.2 GHz dual core processor, assumedly Exynos, 1 GB of RAM, etc.) Guess those rumors about a year back about a GSII with a keyboard did hold some water after all.
9. Ian.M (Posts: 21; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
Thank you for finding that.. for whatever reason I missed it in my search, although I remembered reading that post a few weeks ago
16. Firedrops (Posts: 233; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
Damn, beat me to it. But here's another rumour-spec anyway.
12. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
May be thinking of upgrading to this one here. Cause I always wanted a full qwerty keyboard to replace my Atrix
15. belovedson (Posts: 837; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
i miss a keyboard. they should just use the 5 row one from epic
17. Firedrops (Posts: 233; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
I agree. I hate how the phone manufacturers always skimp out on phones with qwerties, or have good phones with 4-row qwerties. Moto's Droid 3 was an exception, but then again they released it in so few areas.
20. Stuntman (Posts: 830; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
I'm glad to see there are still a number of phones with keyboard sliders being released for people like me who want a physical keyboard.