Image of premium Samsung KQ snapped by Mr. Blurrycam? (No, it's a photoshopped Galaxy Note)
While Samsung Mobile chief J.K. Shin has denied the existence of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime, that might have been a simple matter of semantics. While there might not be a model with that exact name, the Samsung KQ is apparently the premium model of the Samsung Galaxy S5 that everyone has been waiting for. It is believed that the device will feature metal casing, and a 5.2 inch screen with the 1440 x 2560 resolution QHD resolution that everyone has been looking for.
Samsung is looking to launch this model in June. Reputations are at stake and LG is expected to offer a 2K resolution display on the LG G3, whose unveiling has been moved up to early July from late July. Which company will be the first to offer a 2K resolution screen in the U.S.? The bragging rights are worth a lot of money.
All of this drama takes us to a low quality picture that allegedly shows off the dialer on the Samsung KQ, and its metal casing. If you have any salt left over after viewing that Apple iPhone 6 video on Sunday, you might want to take it now. A close-up of the picture shows the screen extending to the edge, something that is not the case on the Samsung Galaxy S5, which might call the pictures into question.
The rumored specs are so delightful, and go down so easily (like a fine piece of filet mignon) that we don't mind repeating them.We're talking about a 5.2 inch screen with resolution of 1440 x 2560. That produces a pixel density of 564ppi. Depending on where you live, you could find yourself with an octa-core Exynos 5430, or a quad-core Snapdragon 805 under the hood. The Adreno 420 GPU will take care of graphics, and 3GB of RAM is inside. The camera on back is 16MP, while a 2MP snapper adorns the front. Android 4.4.2 is pre-installed out of the box.
We could see this premium high end model unveiled as soon as tomorrow.
Is this the Samsung KQ? Close-up of screen (R) shows it extending to the edge, something not seen on the Samsung Galaxy S5
Thanks for the tip!
source: KopenGalaxy5.nl (translated)
1. shuaibhere (Posts: 1679; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Looks like a real deal....
Hoping for a small chassis...
very disappointed by s5's huge size...
16. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Looks fake to me! Just look at the finger on metal frame near dial pad number 7. Perhaps it is just a pathetic try to advertise website which address we can see on the both photos.
26. Sauce (unregistered)
Good catch. The finger nail looks elongated an stretched.
31. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
If say it more specific, you should pay attention to unnatural shadow of the finger which falls on the metal frame.
47. Zomer (Posts: 79; Member since: 31 May 2013)
It's not photoshopped, I can guarantee you that. Remember the leak of the new LG G3 skin? That was me as well. The image is real, it's just pixelated because I needed 2 zoom in a lot. It may look fake, but it isn't.
49. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Ok, we will see. Thanks that you are sharing it, ofcourse if it is not photoshopped and or not an Samsung's device copy. :)
32. Ashoaib (Posts: 2436; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Now this is an exact copy of apple... case coming
38. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
It could be that Samsung make some new line (tizen?) . Or some mid-range aluminum phone, like Galaxy J. We know that Samsung can and do many models.
Why should the iPropaganda call it "premium S5" ??? And why so many "rumors"??? Ohh ...YES. Because must stop ppl buying the great S5. And manipulate the brains of the ppl that the great S5 is NOT PREMIUM.
45. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Where is the ALUMINUM, there is the "premium", for the iPropaganda. LOL
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5955; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Edge-to-edge QHD display would be sweet. Too bad there won't be OIS for the snapper.
9. shaineql (Posts: 43; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
Look for " Galaxy S5 digital image stabilisation vs LG G2 OIS" on youtube.
Digital obliterated "OIS"
20. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3762; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
And look at AC for a comparison of a Nexus 5 and a Galaxy S5. The Nexus 5 produces images that are good quality. Now consider that the S5 is over twice the cost of a Nexus 5 (comparing unlocked S5 to unlocked Nexus 5) and you will understand what a massive ripoff it is.
37. shaineql (Posts: 43; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
S5 is still better, look at some comparisons on gsma charts, plus 2k vid record NEXUS DOSENT EVEN COME CLOSE TO S5 VIDEO QUALITY , cant stress this enough. There is also these things
-S5 super fast camera , less blury lics
-S5 has superb HDR mode
-S5 has unparalleled 2K recording among competition
-N5 - Slow snapper , alot blury and late pics as you can see in one of pics in link you provided , a car managed to move 20feet after s5 took photo untill N5 took it.
-N5 bad camera app with few features
and many other things.
Now , you may say N5 is snappier and faster , but its only because its bare-bones android with 0.5sec animations unlike GS5s 1.0 to 1.5 sec anims
Also just look at the amount of features you get for that extra money ..
Your every argument is invalid
39. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Nexus is not, and never will be high end brand. And hes never meant to be.
So just shut up iboy.
43. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
How come I see you trolling on every tech site ?! At least have the decency to change yr nickname mate. Samsung pay must be low these days..
46. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
and what are you doing on every tech site? LOL
At least I'm saying the Truth:
Nexus has NEVER been, it's not, and never will be high end brand. And has never meant to be so. No matter that is much better than iphone
57. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Google Nexus is a line of mobile devices and Nexus is a barand name of this line.
48. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
"At least have the decency to change yr nickname mate. "
And you call writing from different names "decency " ????
52. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Samsung pay must be low these days."
I don't thik that someone is paying him. Companies pays for articles and reviews in which authors are praising companies products, but no one will pay "The-Sailor-Man" for flooding and talking bulls**t in comment sections. Why? Because opposite from bulls**t propaganda should be persuasive and look serious, he must use arguments and don't look silly and only then someone will listen too him.
3. maherk (Posts: 1222; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
This is the Note 3 with an aluminum bumper. I am 100000% sure about that. From the top and bottom bezels, to the corners of the phone, and the home button.
5. shuaibhere (Posts: 1679; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
That thing looks to big for S phone..
Abd it runs old touchwiz too.
29. magnanimus (Posts: 330; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
You're right. Comfirmed photoshopped note 3 from sammobile.
41. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
The apple propaganda will never stop posting iRumor-tricks, about "soon coming" some "premium ALUMINUM S5:
1, To hold ppl not to buy the great S5
2. To brainwash them that S5 is not as premium, as their cheap iAluminum
4. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3332; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
This sure reminds me of Note 3 more than S5.
6. aayupanday (Posts: 528; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
A metallic chassis doesn't do everything... You've gotta design the phone brilliantly to catch some eyes.
Learn that Samsung.
19. wilsong17 (Posts: 1095; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
well it will at least shut the hater hating about the plastic
36. Doakie (Posts: 1330; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Aluminum is so effing overrated! My M7 got a pit in the aluminum from a grain of dirt getting trapped under my Seidio Surface case. Screw aluminum, I'll stick with soft touch polycarbonate. That's my material of choice just like what was on the One X...
7. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3618; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Looks like Note 3 with metal frame.
8. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3618; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Btw the leaker should learn focusing, man what a terrible photography!!
10. shamatuu (Posts: 151; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
Dam wasn't even considering this phone but with the 805 and 3 GB of ram should help with the lag with the regular version. Real question is what is the battery size? Hope it's at least 2800 or 3000 would be better.
14. maherk (Posts: 1222; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
What lag? The S5 and Note 3 are lag free, but I bet you don't even read or watch the reviews made by professionals, instead you read the trolling comments and decided to take their word for it. I had the Note 3 for 6 month, and the S5 for a week now, and not ONCE I encountered any lag.
22. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3762; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
MANY people have reported lag with the S5 on XDA. Some of this is related to S-Voice, but some of it isn't.
54. express77 (unregistered)
Root, delete bloatwares and if you don't want to keep the root, then unroot. Problem solved.
13. isidoros (Posts: 11; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
It's fake. Look at the chassis next to number 7.
25. Zomer (Posts: 79; Member since: 31 May 2013)
That is actually a shadow, which isn't perfectly visible because they zoomed in the image.
15. azalucel (Posts: 93; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
if this is the s5 prime would that mean we would have a note 4 prime with SD 810 4gb of ddr4 ram, 2k 6 in phone (yea i know the SD isnt supposed to be out till 2015 but if you read the full listing on it it states that prototypes will be tested q4 2014)
17. Mr.Chubbs (Posts: 6; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
Hey Samsung Please Please put the speaker(s) on the front or bottom of the phone!
42. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
FRONT SPEAKERS(on smartphones) ARE BS.
Read smth about ACOUSTIC. And then come again.
21. ashouhdy (Posts: 44; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
Note3 in an aluminum bumper ! Note3 is the best thing samsung ever did in history !
44. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
They were bashing Note 3 . too. (about faux leather) But when more and more ppl see that it's classy looking device, they suddenly shut up.
Same will hapen with S5 soon. I promise you.
58. ashouhdy (Posts: 44; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
I have the black note3 and sometimes I think its a real leather the faux leather is very premium specially with its matt color. Other thing it never catches dirt or fingerprints or even scratching .
23. Zomer (Posts: 79; Member since: 31 May 2013)
It's not photoshopped, it's a shadow what you see on the device.
24. azalucel (Posts: 93; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
honestly samsung needs to team up with cyanogenmod and linaro so they can add features and get rid of that horrible lag (i have a note 3 and even with kit kat and overclocking it still lags) also caesantos the post stated that this may be a premium version of the s5 just not named the s5 prime maybe s5 pro?
34. wilsong17 (Posts: 1095; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
no lag on mine im running hyper drive
even when i was on stock
i didnt have lag
40. azalucel (Posts: 93; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
im running temaesk unofficial cm11 v74 and i love the speed but i miss some of the touchwiz features
50. Mr.Chubbs (Posts: 6; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
I agree Samsung should have kept the overall size of the S5 in check by taking a page from the LG G2 playbook...I mean c'mon does the damn phone really need to be so large? Work it out Sammy!
55. express77 (unregistered)
Probably note 4. Note 3 was released months ago with plastic body.
56. WilliamC937 (Posts: 16; Member since: 07 Sep 2013)
LoL.... A photoshopped note 3...
Note the dialer ui screen...
That the older TouchWiz..not the one found in Galaxy S5