Image of Windows Phone 8.1 found on a microSD card
0. phoneArena 08 Sep 2013, 13:13 posted on
Just the other day, we showed you screenshots and video of the GDR3 update coming from Microsoft, and the "Bittersweet shimmer" update coming from Nokia. And all of that information came from a Nokia Lumia 900 purchased on Craig's List! Now, an image of a Nokia Lumia 620 running Windows Phone 8.1 has popped up, discovered on a microSD card...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Credo (Posts: 720; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
I want it on the left of the startscreen, not as a unusual tile ....
4. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1150; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Yeah mee too...
also expecting some UI improvements like more customization options like different color for each tiles & may be a background picture option etc etc etc...
25. akki20892 (Posts: 3798; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
hold on hold on buddy...........wait for WP8.1
8. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Ikr, i thought the whole point of a live tile was to display notifications already!?
18. Whodaboss (Posts: 176; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
Precisely. That's what live tiles are for. That's why I hope if they do include a notification center it is a live tile. That's sweet justice. :)
13. lalalaman (Posts: 544; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
This will prove it is the image of prototype version...tht was leaked before which will nt launch
19. Alex123 (Posts: 241; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Me neither. From the left or bottom is nicer than a tile
2. karim77 (Posts: 70; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
Microsoft,don't bitch around and release the update for the people
3. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
soon after MS purchased Nokia smartphones division,it seems now everything is coming up much faster,
dont know why this never happened few months ago..
6. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1018; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Windows Phone 8.1 was always on track to be released later in the year. It had nothing to do with the acquisition of Nokia. Not to mention that the acquisition of Nokia hasn't even been finalized yet.
20. Alex123 (Posts: 241; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
I think because of Microsoft wait to have own smartphone
5. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1018; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Am I the only one who doesn't notice any difference besides the addition of a notifications tile? I guess this is just like Android 4.1 going to Android 4.2.
9. Bernoulli (limited) (Posts: 2586; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Which devices are going to be eligible for the 8.1 update? I'd hate for it to be like those unfortunate souls that bought a 7.5 mango os
14. brrunopt (Posts: 719; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
all devices after with WP8 will be able to upgrade WP8.1, ... , WP9, etc...
16. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4201; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
That'll be harder to manage the more WP devices manufacturers make.
10. GrapeEyes (Posts: 248; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
I did warn you all, to wait for the Lumia 1520 to come out before you buy the over priced Note 3 and iPhone 5/S/C/A/J/E/Z Whatever!!
This month you are going to see the most amazing windows update in the history of all updates and then to put the cherry on top, the release of the incredibly Lumia 1520!!
People who brought the Note 3 & iphone will return them so after the release of the Lumia 1520
15. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4201; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I wouldn't trade an iPhone 5S, Note 3, or my current Droid Mini for a Lumia 1720, much less 1520. iOS and Android are just too far ahead in the game. Based on the picture in the article, WP8.1 is the exact same as WP8 but with a notification center and support for quad core and 1080p displays, which is pretty late considering next year Android is going to have phones with 2560x1600 displays.
Windows is my choice of full computer OS, but it's not coming anywhere near my pockets again anytime soon.
17. papss (unregistered)
From what wpcentral is saying this beauty will be released in the coming weeks... I didn't think it would come that quick so I'm going to hold out to see how this phone shapes up before buying either the note 3 or g2. It addresses most of my concerns. I'm still worried about the ability to factory reset my l1020 in fear of the endless gears of death. Such a stupid issue to have to worry about.
22. volcano (Posts: 280; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
He found SD card with an image of what supposed to be windowsphone 8.1 early build ..... i call it BS / fake
24. antifanboy14 (Posts: 68; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
so tired of thses boring as_S livetiles.