Image of Samsung Galaxy S IV leaks?
0. phoneArena 04 Jan 2013, 02:42 posted on
Here we go, an image allegedly of the Samsung Galaxy S IV was leaked by someone that is said to be a Samsung Insider by SamMobile and you can see some of the changes coming to the Korean manufacturer's flagship device; note the absence of a home button which means on-screen buttons are coming, and dig the thin bezel...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. zhiae (unregistered)
that's not true that phone has hard corner and I don't think that Samsung Mobile will use that bad frame again
25. aaronkatrini (Posts: 241; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
I'd say a prototype of Note 3 maybe. The screen look bigger than 5.5".
95. metalpoet (unregistered)
pljus i dont see a physical home button for things like s voice! lol, it is probably note 3
45. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
How much will it cost? $700
75. zhiae (unregistered)
non of you guys knew how would sgs3 look like before it shows up
same again success of gs3 was globally amazing
and we really expect that gs4 will be the device to move apple down
that phone is ugly as ( ) name that by ur mind .
99. eyad_996 (Posts: 29; Member since: 10 Jul 2012)
I'm I the only one who thinks that the designs of the new Galaxy phones is Super Ugly, it was nice on the Galaxy S3 because it was fresh and new, but the Note2 and now this!
And the so-small home button is hard to press on, and now it's even harder since it doesn't exist!!!
2. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
if this be S4 i don't like it, it is the middle size between S3 and note2
we want innovation and beauty simultaneously, just take a look at Sony's new models.
6. bloodline (Posts: 706; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
what with their 2011 hardware ? unfortunately when you have a successful flagship device you have to keep the same design elements, you can't just simply create a brand new looking device. The only time companies do that is when they are not doing well, i.e sony
16. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
i think Sony does well enough by the time it is separated from Ericson but it is just at the beginning of its long and difficult way. comparing Sony's design with that of Sammy, i prefer Sony's. Sammy is getting boring with its boring designs and its low quality. only the specs are good at Sammy but Sony has both design and specs.
52. stychill (unregistered)
While i dislike sony's design and UI more than i dislike samsung's
8. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Most of the Sony's handsets look similar to me. I mean similar to Samsung, they are kind of trapped in a narrow design language. Indeed better than Sammy though. People at Nokia know how to design beautiful phones.
12. lee480 (Posts: 197; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
How is the S3's ugly design similar to the Xperia S? And what about Galaxy S2 and the awesome looking Xperia Arc?
22. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Well some misinterpretation going on here. I didn't say that sammy and sony design is similar. But their tendancy of not radically changing the current design is similar.
39. Altair (Posts: 367; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
S3 is designed by lawmans because S2 is copycat design (do I need to mention iPhone). There is nothing special in Arc either.
Good for us, that atleast Nokia knows how to design phones. Shame that so many keeps copycating them *kröhmhtckrhm*. On the other hand, its a clear sign of perfect design, if secondary OEM:s likes to copy them.
57. jacko1977 (Posts: 428; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
if ur to dumb to look at the box or tell the diffidence then i feel sorry for u
90. Meleagru (Posts: 92; Member since: 03 Dec 2012)
How the S2 looks anything like an iPhone is beyond me.
56. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Nokia handsets look all the same as well and their design haven't evolved one bit since the N9.
65. alila2 (Posts: 157; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
i'm a samsung fan, but i think you are right sony xperia ZL looks better, probably if they slim the vertical bezel they might have a chance .
4. lee480 (Posts: 197; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Would rather get Sony's Odin aka Xperia ZL and not this piece of plastic.
27. Katrina (Posts: 84; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
You guys do know that Sony's Z/ZL is only for the first half of the year right?
If sammy does the same old thing like apple and releases their flagship phones once a year around the second half of the year:
Sony is already working on another phone for the second half of the year, THEREFORE, there is no point comparing Z/ZL and S-IV.
There will be a better phone (might be Xperia X) for H2. Specs are even better than Z/ZL. Someone leaked it over at XDA way back with A15-based chip, and he has correctly stated Z/ZL info, so why not for Xperia X?
72. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
I'm only tihnking of buying the XEPRIA Z because of the design form factor. and waiting to see the GS IV. could care less as long the whole body isn't made out of glass material
5. tiara6918 (Posts: 2045; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I want this to be the design of the galaxy s4 but with less plastic and better materials(polycarbonate maybe), the s3 design was awful
17. tiara6918 (Posts: 2045; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Oh, thanks for the info, when I meant polycarbonate I want them to use something similar to the one x since it is better to hold at compared to the s3
18. lee480 (Posts: 197; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
But Samsung put on a lot of gloss that made it look like cheap plastic.
Btw Polycarbonate is a glorified form of plastic.
20. tiara6918 (Posts: 2045; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Yeah that gloss is something they should get rid off, it looks like a cheap plastic toy
58. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I don't mind the gloss anymore, I kinda like it.. Better build quality than the GSIII is a must though!
63. pyradark (Posts: 863; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
its made for human (means eco-friendly), so expect all the trash & recycle materials combine and Waalaa
S3 & S4 :))))
21. decent4u (Posts: 75; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
You mean it should feel less plastiky
its already made from polycarbonate