Illumina is developing a smartphone chip that could replace primary doctors
0. phoneArena 16 Jun 2014, 06:32 posted on
Illumina has turned its attention to a consumer product - a chip that you can plug into your smartphone and have it read your genetic information…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. hassoups (Posts: 423; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
thanks for cheering me up on the week i have my finals to become unemployed in 5-7 years :D
6. sgogeta4 (Posts: 393; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
Honestly doubt you'll be out of a job any time in your lifetime. While genetics is an important part of your health, the environment has a significant part as well. And while raw data can be analyzed by computers, you will still need a human to verify it. EKGs for example are still notoriously inaccurate when read by machines and even though they are getting better, you don't want to miss a diagnosis by relying on machines.
2. chocowii (Posts: 367; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
And the NSA will have a record of your DNAs too! Nice try but I'll pass.
4. DAMONORIBELLO (Posts: 104; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
If they wanted it, they could have it, without you knowing it.