If at first you don't succeed: Android 4.0.2 rolls out again for GSM Samsung GALAXY Nexus
0. phoneArena 12 Jan 2012, 01:36 posted on
If you were one of those GSM Samsung GALAXY Nexus owners that did not receive the OTA update with Android 4.0.2, now may be your time; the update weighs in at just 8.8MB which makes it a small, bug-fixing download for you...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. bloodline (Posts: 703; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
I got the update when it first rolled out, but I cant understand why we dont have 4.03, whats the prob?
5. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
I think it's odd too. I have a ROM with 4.0.3 on it so it is somewhat available.
I will say though, my girlfriend is still on 4.0.2 because she doesn't want me to root her phone yet and I don't notice a huge difference. We both get very similar battery life (usually about 12-13 hours and we are both in LTE areas) and our signal strength is almost identical in most places.
2. remixfa (Posts: 14252; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Michael should be happy now. :)
I've been running 4.03 for like 3 weeks on my Vibrant. Whats the hold up on the nexus?
3. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4537; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I have been running 4.0.3 on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus since 12/22/11. It's my one month anniversary today. lol
remixfa I still haven't used Google Wallet. I really want to though. It's like a prepaid card, you just load the money in it & once it's gone then you reload. I am tempted of stashing $20.00 on my Google Wallet.
What do you think? lol
12. remixfa (Posts: 14252; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
go for it and tell me how it goes. I am way to paranoid to use that crap. I put too much sensitive info on my phone as it is.. lol :)
15. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4537; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yeah I know what you mean. Google already has my card because I buy apps from the Android Market. Maybe I will buy a gift card put money in it then use that card to load my Google Wallet.
Yeah I am paranoid too. lol
4. Rentalcord (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Jan 2012)
Will 4.0.3 have volume improvement for notification and music?????
6. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
I have 4.0.3 on the ROM i'm using and have never had any problems with notification sound (whether on 4.0.2 or 4.0.3) but I will say the speaker volume for something like youtube is subpar even with 4.0.3.
7. bloodline (Posts: 703; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
I cant be assed to root my nexus, i read that i will lose all my apps and i have to reinstall them.?
can anyone confirm ?
8. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
It depends what ROM you use. Most ROMs will use the auto restore feature through the market and the apps will download for you.
You do have to wipe everything which includes your "SD card" (internal photo storage etc) when you unlock. Your apps will restore in most cases but you will lose all your pictures/texts etc unless you back them up somehow.
13. remixfa (Posts: 14252; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
If you use it for no other reason, you can set it to where it auto syncs all of your pictures to your online G+/Picasa account. Best thing ever. You take a pic and 30 seconds later its backed up.
9. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
Some phones require a wipe to root, others do not.
If you do root it, and it wipes your phone; install titanium backup so you don't have to re-install your apps every time you flash a rom.
11. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
It's not rooting that causes the wipe it's unlocking the bootloader and on the Nexus it wipes everything.
14. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
i just wish this phone came to tmobile already
16. Phonaholic (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Jan 2012)
My GSM Galaxy Nexus has yet to recieve 4.0.2 still!
17. samboycott (Posts: 11; Member since: 19 Jan 2012)
Anyways when samsung has failed to rather the crowd with the nexus then it is trying to make the sale with some new updates.
Androids must feel guilty working with Samsung.
Every month there is some sort of update on the androids like the Chrome browser get update every month.
And every such update is just a very tiny update that is not necessary.
samsung is not a part of the smartphones,
its now time for Lumia to rock the market