Ice, Ice Baby: U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency to test BlackBerry 10 next year
0. phoneArena 13 Dec 2012, 03:52 posted on
According to RIM, a U.S. federal agency which was once ready to get rid of their BlackBerry phones and replace them with the Apple iPhone, is now set to test the new BlackBerry 10 platform including the newBB10 smartphones and BES 10 which allows government workers and corporations to use the new handsets on their networks...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3022; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Oh boy, that phone looks just like iP5 minus the home button!!
2. slaggyb (Posts: 192; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
That nowhere resemble no iphone.. That's a blackberry son.
12. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3022; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I know father, there's a Blackberry written on it.
I'm pointing out what it looks like.
14. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
What are you talking about?? The only way to distinguish it from iPhone 5 is that, it's got "Blackberry" stamped on it. Didn't Apple patent a wider top/bottom bezel to narrow right/left bezel ratio already; this is definitely an iNfriNgement on Apple's Intellectual Property: LAWSUIT!!!!
17. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5921; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Plus, there is the speaker bezel at the top. Otherwise, except for the BlackBerry lettering, it could easily be confused for the black iP5.
20. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Hmm, that phone looks more like the Droid X/X2 to me as I have that phone on hand and the it looks just like it on the front minus the physical buttons and the camera hump on the back.
11. Ohrules (Posts: 324; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
i would rather say that the front of the phone looks like the back of the iphone
13. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1098; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
moreover why would anybody try BB10 so early....its too early to tell for BB
4. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5921; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I have to agree with Nathan - the new BB is looking close to the iP5. The difference is small - no home button on the BB and the BB has its name spelled out and there is the speaker grill at the top. Otherwise, a casual observer could easily confuse the BB for an iP5.
7. wendygarett (unregistered)
I hate to agree Nathan but I have to >.<
The only different that I see is that this bb10 has two tones feel at the front, while the iPhone 5 has two tones feel at the back... The rest are almost the same...
Same ui feel
Same round corner
Same rear camera position
I wonder if rim do this intentionally so that they get free advertisement from Apple lawsuit... Because ice decided want to take ip5 but halt by the bb10... Apple might wanna get revenge tho...
9. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5921; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Actually, maybe this is the BackBerry ICE model - designed to look just like the iP5 on purpose (to confuse the ICE procurement and users...). ;-)
10. wendygarett (unregistered)
I don't think Americans are that dumb lol
19. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5921; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
We aren't talking about all Americans, only those who would confuse the BB10 phone for an iPhone. I can just imagine a hearing in front of Judge Koh and the Judge places the BB10 phone on the table next to the iP5 and invites counsel for RIM to pick which is which from where they are sitting.
Somehow, if iApple sues, I suspect they will be getting an iNjunction.
5. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Blackberry fanbkys are gonna strike in 3...2......1
16. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3022; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
They just did...and painted the town red!
But for one reason, i don't know why, i feel it's not just BB fans alone that is painting it!!
18. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5921; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
The PA troll community prides itself on being equal opportunity trolls.
6. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5921; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
On to RIM's press release about ICE.... ICE are not canceling their procurement of iPhones. They are going to do some pilot testing of the BB10 phones with the BB10 server software. IF (and that is all it is - IF) the BB10 phones and server software meet the requirements, ICE will consider BB10 phone for future acquisitions.
I think the biggest hurdle for RIM is how easily and transparently the iP5 can secure its contents (AES256 level encryption without the requirement for the user to manually de-crypt and then encrypt every time they use the phone).
Time will tell, though. RIM has to meet the 1Q2013 release date with no botched release.
15. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Personally, I think Vanilla Ice's hair-do has better chances of making a comeback. And, it probably has better encryption!!