Ice Cream Sandwich update for AT&T's Samsung Galaxy S II delayed for technical reasons
0. phoneArena posted on 21 Jun 2012, 22:34
AT&T originally had the Android 4.0 update for its Samsung Galaxy S II available via Kies on Wednesday, but after a few users of the device had trouble finding the update, an AT&T customer decided to open a live chat with a rep and was told that the update was on hold "for technical reasons"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett posted on 21 Jun 2012, 22:36 1
Meanwhile galaxy nexus is upgrading to Android 4.1 a.k.a. jellybean....
3. mas11 posted on 21 Jun 2012, 22:42 1
Meanwhile the DROID RAZR will get its update in a few days!
13. kanagadeepan posted on 22 Jun 2012, 02:10 0
WP8 will come ONLY at he end of 2012 and it can current WP7.x devices can never be updated to it...
So what is the use of buying WP7.x devices NOW???? What about users who have bought Lumia800/710/900???
Delayed update is much much better than NO UPDATE, imho...
WP7.8 is just a new home-screen + WP7.5... Worse than an eye-wash, imho
15. B3BLW29 posted on 22 Jun 2012, 05:30 0
Agreed and I just bought Lumia 800(2 weeks ago :( )
But MS/Nokia has no choice, mean while I am happy with my device. WP7.8 update is more than welcome ;)
2. clevername posted on 21 Jun 2012, 22:40 0
Dammit! And I was going to download it tonight when I got home. Well I guess this is a good thing. I woulda been pissed if I downloaded a laggy ics. Still annoys me. How long do we gotta wait?
7. Sniggly posted on 22 Jun 2012, 00:15 3
Oh for crying out loud. Why does AT&T keep insisting on putting Samsung updates out over Kies? They should do it OTA like every f**king body else. If I wanted non OTA updates I'd go for a f**king iPhone 4.
10. thelegend6657 posted on 22 Jun 2012, 00:31 3
iOS now allows ota update
HTC's update always been ota
Samsung now allows gs2 i9100g to be updated ota
Btw KIES is the worst piece of software I ever used and that's the reason why I will be avoiding samsung
8. osanilevich posted on 22 Jun 2012, 00:30 0
xda has a rooted version of the update on their site
9. jove39 posted on 22 Jun 2012, 00:31 3
Well...does anyone even care about samsung's ics build...i have been running aokp from long time and stock ics gives way better experience than tw launcher.
11. thelegend6657 posted on 22 Jun 2012, 00:32 0
AT&T gs2 is just international will better front right ?
14. networkdood posted on 22 Jun 2012, 02:54 0
When I was using my Captivate every day - I never did official updates through the phone directly or KIES - usually someone crated a custom ROM with the same info with even more features.
17. gallitoking posted on 22 Jun 2012, 12:09 0
love ATT they always say technnical issues.. just an excuse to put their crap on a phone... on the bright side when ICS is on the SGSII Jelly Bean 4.1 will be out
18. lleej posted on 22 Jun 2012, 15:58 0
I downloaded the update, and have experienced no lag, but I no longer have random reboots and also have greatly improved battery life
19. Forsaken77 posted on 22 Jun 2012, 17:38 0
Was this update just for the regular GS2 SGH-i777? Or did it include the GS2 Skyrocket SGH-i727 also?