ITC rules in favor of RIM, finds Kodak's '218 patent invalid
0. phoneArena 20 Jul 2012, 23:59 posted on
A final judgment has been handed down in a patent case involving Eastman Kodak and RIM with the latter manufacturer accused of violating Kodak patents relating to images and image processing; the court has ruled that the so-called '218 patent bleonging to Kodak is invalid giving RIM the legal victory...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wumberpeb (Posts: 449; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel...one hopelessly poor and desperate company trying to sue another hopelessly poor and desperate company. Leave each other alone and let both sides figure out their finances without all this crying over fringe patents
2. ardent1 (Posts: 1999; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
You should know the saying: Desperate people do desperate things.
3. JcHnd (Posts: 81; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
At least something good happened to RIM this days... great for them!
4. wumberpeb (Posts: 449; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
Is that actually a saying? Desperate times call for desperate measures sounds like what you were going for...
...but yes, I get it
9. ardent1 (Posts: 1999; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Yes, and the saying is quite popular; it was even used in a contest for the Republican presidential candidate. http://tinyurl.com/d8hua2h
In contrast, your saying is idiomatic in nature since "times" is being anthropomorphized.
5. mas11 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Two companies circling the drain fighting over patents lol
6. iWorld (Posts: 85; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
RIM is really dying & the worst thing is "There is no room for RIM in ICU"
7. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
good news for RIM!! i wanna see some BB10 products so bad!!!
windows phone 8 and blackberry 10 are the platforms that i got my sight on...
because the world is full of android and iphones... we need other mobile platforms!!
thanks God for RIM on not giving up on blackberry OS!
unlike nokia, hate the new ruling!!!
a word from an avid nokia fan!