ISIS mobile payments gets name change to Softcard
0. phoneArena 03 Sep 2014, 22:48 posted on
With the name ISIS still bringing up thoughts about a group of terrorists in the Middle East, the mobile payments company by the same name is getting re-branded. Owned by a conglomerate that includes Verizon, T-Mobile and AT&T, ISIS will now be called Softcard. While the name has changed, the mobile payments firm will continue to offer the same tap to pay services. It will take a few weeks for the name change to take effect for all subscribers...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
i guess porn sites should change the MILF title as there is a terrorist organisation with that name too
3. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Are the terrorists in that group actually MILFs? :)
6. sriuslywtf (Posts: 297; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Yes. For them they were not terrorist but liberators.
Morro Islamic Liberation Front or MILF based on Philippines
2. pwnarena (Posts: 1129; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
they can't sue the group that's copying their name.
...which strikes an idea!
perhaps companies hell-bent ruining each other can finance a terrorist group and have them use the trademarked/patented names of their rivals.
4. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Would make for some very interesting Google search results too :)
9. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1116; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
That's the old American way to deal with a problem: sue until you get your way.
7. james1 (Posts: 97; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Isis, softcard, whatever it still sucks....can't be compared to Google wallet
10. ProblemSolver15 (Posts: 273; Member since: 14 Jun 2010)
ISIS in need of a name change. Shieet.
11. md227a (Posts: 141; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Love google wallet! Use it almost every day.
12. calebchoo88 (Posts: 11; Member since: 04 Sep 2014)
does ISIS allow merchant outside of USA?