ISIS mobile payments gets name change to Softcard
It's too bad that in this day and age, we have to worry about a company changing its name so as not to be confused with a violent organization. ISIS had announced its intention to re-brand earlier this year, but recent developments have forced it to move up the timeline.
It is expected that the newly named Softcard will be facing a new competitor when the Apple iPhone 6 is introduced on September 9th. The next iteration of Apple's smartphone is expected to offer NFC connectivity and a new mobile payment platform. Currently, certain models of the iPhone can use the Incipio Cashwrap case that comes with a micro NFC chip, and works in conjunction with the ISIS mobile wallet app.
While the ISIS terror group has recently changed its name to ISIL, it probably is still a good idea on Verizon, T-Mobile and AT&T's part to change the name of its mobile payment service
source: Softcard via Phonescoop
1. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1385; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
i guess porn sites should change the MILF title as there is a terrorist organisation with that name too
3. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3765; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Are the terrorists in that group actually MILFs? :)
6. sriuslywtf (Posts: 278; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Yes. For them they were not terrorist but liberators.
Morro Islamic Liberation Front or MILF based on Philippines
2. pwnarena (Posts: 979; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
they can't sue the group that's copying their name.
...which strikes an idea!
perhaps companies hell-bent ruining each other can finance a terrorist group and have them use the trademarked/patented names of their rivals.
4. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3765; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Would make for some very interesting Google search results too :)
9. Dr.Phil (Posts: 937; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
That's the old American way to deal with a problem: sue until you get your way.
7. james1 (Posts: 97; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Isis, softcard, whatever it still sucks....can't be compared to Google wallet
10. ProblemSolver15 (Posts: 183; Member since: 14 Jun 2010)
ISIS in need of a name change. Shieet.
11. md227a (Posts: 127; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Love google wallet! Use it almost every day.
12. calebchoo88 (Posts: 11; Member since: 04 Sep 2014)
does ISIS allow merchant outside of USA?