IGNIS develops technology for 300ppi+ AMOLED displays with regular RGB matrix, someone has to actually make them
0. phoneArena posted on 29 Nov 2011, 08:05
The Canadian researchers from IGNIS have developed a production method for AMOLED displays that allows them to break that elusive 300ppi pixel density barrier, and do it without the PenTile matrix arrangement used in phones like the Samsung Galaxy Nexus...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
9. rendHELL posted on 30 Nov 2011, 07:53 1 0
yes more amoled!!!! but please improve the camera too....
Way to go SAMMY!!!
3. PimpStrong posted on 29 Nov 2011, 09:40 5 0
SuperAMOLED+ @ 300+ppi will be amazing. Won't buy another phone until this is available.
4. speckledapple posted on 29 Nov 2011, 10:44 0 3
more pixel density that we will not be able to tell the difference of anyway. No matter how advanced the screen, its just not cool if our eyes can only tell up to a certain point. After that, who cares exactly?
6. RageQuit posted on 29 Nov 2011, 16:58 3 0
yes, but its RGB so its gonna have a notiacble differnce between it and current pentile HD screens.
5. PhoneLuver posted on 29 Nov 2011, 11:42 2 0
I'd love to see some tablets with a small bezel like that! :-)
7. belovedson posted on 29 Nov 2011, 22:52 0 0
the pentile screens between motorola and samsung is different. please go check it out
8. XiphiasGladius posted on 30 Nov 2011, 05:48 1 0
Oh how I wish once that screen technology is on an actual device it will be coupled with a Mobile Bravia Engine. Super Amoled + Mobile Bravia Engine = Epic. . .
10. rendHELL posted on 30 Nov 2011, 07:56 1 0
i think that would not be epic....
It's gonna be LEGENDARY!!!! XD