IGNIS develops technology for 300ppi+ AMOLED displays with regular RGB matrix, someone has to actually make them
0. phoneArena 29 Nov 2011, 08:05 posted on
The Canadian researchers from IGNIS have developed a production method for AMOLED displays that allows them to break that elusive 300ppi pixel density barrier, and do it without the PenTile matrix arrangement used in phones like the Samsung Galaxy Nexus...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
9. rendHELL (Posts: 304; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
yes more amoled!!!! but please improve the camera too....
Way to go SAMMY!!!
3. PimpStrong (Posts: 310; Member since: 25 Jul 2011)
SuperAMOLED+ @ 300+ppi will be amazing. Won't buy another phone until this is available.
4. speckledapple (Posts: 879; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
more pixel density that we will not be able to tell the difference of anyway. No matter how advanced the screen, its just not cool if our eyes can only tell up to a certain point. After that, who cares exactly?
6. RageQuit (Posts: 41; Member since: 05 Sep 2011)
yes, but its RGB so its gonna have a notiacble differnce between it and current pentile HD screens.
5. PhoneLuver (Posts: 474; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
I'd love to see some tablets with a small bezel like that! :-)
7. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
the pentile screens between motorola and samsung is different. please go check it out
8. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 805; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Oh how I wish once that screen technology is on an actual device it will be coupled with a Mobile Bravia Engine. Super Amoled + Mobile Bravia Engine = Epic. . .
10. rendHELL (Posts: 304; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
i think that would not be epic....
It's gonna be LEGENDARY!!!! XD