IFA 2014: here's what to expect from Samsung, Sony, Huawei, Microsoft, and Asus
0. phoneArena 31 Aug 2014, 11:57 posted on
IFA 2014 kicks off in a matter of weeks! As usual, it is going to be an event of massive proportions, and many of the top tech companies will take advantage of the hype by announcing their latest products...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
Hey, Sony, stop being dumb and release the z3 to Verizon as well so I don't have to early terminate then spend 700 which brings the total to around 1100$. Note 4 needs to move over cause Sony is here
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10406; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Not just Verizon, but all four carriers... Sony is dumb if they think they can surpass Samsung and LG by catering to less markets.
12. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
So true, america period. I wouldn't even mind having the z2 still since the z3 is nothing new really and the z2 is still regarded as a top competitor.
36. techperson211 (Posts: 1159; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Now expectations is on Sony. I remember the days when Sony-Ericsson team up to take on Nokia. Now Sony alone will take on Samsung and Apple. Good to see Sony is back in track.
10. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Fire Kaz Hiraz and bring the Sony phones on all u.s. Carriers.
13. Doakie (Posts: 1842; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Why would you pay an ETF to get any Sony phone? Sure they are pretty looking but even the Z2s crazy high megapixel camera doesn't even stand up to the Samsung Galaxy S5. Seems like everytime I turn around I have big dreams for Sony then it's a giant let down. I've just stopped hoping for them and will wait till they actually make something worth caring about. In what ways does the Z2 excel past any of the other flagships? In glass usage?
21. Pattyface (Posts: 1503; Member since: 20 Aug 2014)
Regardless of the camera it is arguably the best phone this far this year so
43. DerryAhmad (Posts: 271; Member since: 05 May 2012)
The Z2 camera is not bad. In fact, it's good but not as good as GS5 in daylight. But in indoor/lowlight condition, the Z2 is the best cameraphone at the moment. Not even the M8 or my 1520 can match it in lowlight.
37. GalaxyS5 (banned) (Posts: 430; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
The 6 month update cycle is what kil
38. GalaxyS5 (banned) (Posts: 430; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
The 6 month update cycle is what killed the Z2 and will kill the Z3, When I was getting the GS5 the Z2 was out of reach anyways at 800$ .. now, 3 months later it's way cheaper at 550$ because the Z3 is around .. wait 3 more months and it will be surely at about 400$ .. that's terrible, and I would not get a Z3 or Z4 just for that .. I would not like to pay 150 more than what Samsung is asking than 6 months later my phone is 400$ cheaper while the Samsung lost only about 60$
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I'm ready to be disappointed by Sony, luckily there's Samsung, Huawei and the others backing up. Please don't disappoint me, Sony.
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10406; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Too late. Z3 isn't going to be a big improvement over the Z2 due to no new chip being released by Qualcomm. At max a 805 clocked at 2.5 and a slimmer body, but pretty much everything else would be unchanged...
45. potatosalad (Posts: 40; Member since: 07 May 2012)
dude, Z3 is not for you if you have Z2 and below. go buy S5 or Note 4, or Alpha for a change.
3. NotAGeek (Posts: 279; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Microsoft please don't disappoint me with the Lumia 730..please stop using low-res FWVGA screens on your mid-range phones..
25. brrunopt (Posts: 742; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
530 and 630 are low end phones, not mid range..
also Nokia is not the only one using FWVGA on that price range..
8. 4L3X97 (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Aug 2014)
I world like to see a new lumia phablet with better specs than lumia 1520
9. Diezparda (Posts: 819; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
Note series never fail to impress me, i think this year samsung need to squezee it's feature like lg did with g3 and redesign their ui looks.
32. KillgoreTroutTime (Posts: 433; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
The Note 1 impressed you? I thought that thing looked awful. The Note 2 looked pretty terrible as well.
11. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
I'm looking forward to the Note IV or the Motorola X1. This will be a great IFA this year.
16. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Only thing interesting event happening at IFA is the Note 4. Others are simply just a minor update, esp Z3 etc
19. Venkatramanan (Posts: 308; Member since: 15 Aug 2014)
I like the Note 4 Design though i am not a fan of Samsung, I am interested on the Note 4 features. But Lumia 730 and 830 are also more interesting to me. ( At least for me). Hope Asus should come up with new Zenfones with LTE capabilities.
17. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
If this is the Note4 above, dam to good to be true...?
18. yahia_malka (Posts: 186; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
Oh you're. Absolutely dumb phone arena -_- the 830 will have a 400 or 600 !
23. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2060; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Most leaks show that the Lumia 830 will pack a Snapdragon 800 chipset along with a 720p screen and 20 MP PureView camera. It's basically a Lumia 930 sans a 1080p display.
24. DogeShibe (Posts: 1110; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
I'm curious about the camera,they said its something new
26. brrunopt (Posts: 742; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
IMO the 800 would be to much and the 400 to little.. It would be interesting if it had the new 410 , is supposed to be available this quarter..
29. Damo579 (Posts: 242; Member since: 18 May 2013)
That's what I heard also, if it's true it will be my next phone.
20. Pattyface (Posts: 1503; Member since: 20 Aug 2014)
I'm excited for the note 4 and what Microsoft has in store.
22. Lt.Green (Posts: 397; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Definitely excited about Sony's 'Compact' line up.
27. vuyonc (Posts: 973; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
The glimmer of hope that the XZ3 will definitely use the SD805 is the boosted image processing and MPx limit (with or without BIONZ?). A fully fledged 15.5/20MP Superior Auto mode out of the box would be really appreciated.
28. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2230; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Meh. Same ole phones, with "new" chipsets.. .. Apple please don't disappoint me
46. jnieto490 (Posts: 10; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
Lol apple is just the same phone every year smart one
30. Symon_Fleece (Posts: 334; Member since: 30 May 2014)
z3 is not great, it is like the z2 with new chipset
if sony release the z3 with those specs, it will be a disappointment.
they should change, the z3 should change.
keep the display size, reduce the bezels, put some Features in UI, and improve the camera. Keep the resolution, improve the lens, add OIS, put xenon or dual LED flash.
But Z3 compact is great if it is 4.5"-4.7" display with compact design
31. julian6.0 (Posts: 27; Member since: 29 Jan 2014)
Nokia will not release new lumia 1520 until maybe mid 4th quarter and some other high end phones. I have a lumia 1520 and still good with it. I think its a great phone and good stuff is coming for Windows. And to these upcoming phones hope they're great note 4 looks promising and the lumia 730 also if priced correctly.
34. LeBrownJames (Posts: 201; Member since: 17 Mar 2014)
XZ3 will just be a minor upgrade from XZ2 (increased cpu speed, solving issues that plagued z2 like overheating prob, etc) and I am not excited about it. I'd rather wait for that software update to land on Z2 than buy Z3.
39. mas39 (Posts: 80; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
I shall be waiting for LG's G4 or sony's Z4, both will be certain phablets although the lenovo vibe z pro is also interesting except for no card slot, wifi ac and a too weak chipset for the QHD resolution. However looks like I shall be waiting another year for my dream phone, been waiting 3 years since my last one but unlike all other people I have patience, and the best things always come to those who wait.
40. julian6.0 (Posts: 27; Member since: 29 Jan 2014)
If that is true man that good things always come for those who wait than lets hope good things happen to me cuz i wait im as patient as anybody could be. But one thing don't piss off a patient person cuz hell will break loose. Cheers.
42. Aywhy93 (banned) (Posts: 49; Member since: 03 Apr 2014)
Really... The patient Dog eat the fattest bone, so maybe we should wait together and get the best smartphones.. LoL **Samsung Galaxy Note 5**
41. Aywhy93 (banned) (Posts: 49; Member since: 03 Apr 2014)
Hmmmnnn... This IFA is gonna be so funtastic. Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on my Techie mind. Can't wait !!!