IFA 2013: What to expect
0. phoneArena 03 Sep 2013, 07:52 posted on
Tomorrow, Berlin will be transformed into the most awesome place on the globe. Or at least that's how hardcore tech enthusiasts will surely look at it. That's because the annual Internationale Funkausstellung event, or IFA, as we call it, will take place in the German capital...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ajac09 (Posts: 1108; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
lots of tablets and lots of phones we may never see beyond the note 3
13. james004 (Posts: 349; Member since: 15 May 2013)
you are forgetting all the washing mashines! :D /s
60. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Its XPERIA Z1 all the way!!! Note 3 will be good, but not Z1 good!
34. rd_nest (Posts: 435; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
There's a Note, and then we have the rest.
3. wicpromd (Posts: 242; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
the List starts with SAMSUNG :D
4. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 934; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
I can’t wait The best phone of 2013 from Sony to replace my GS2
39. rdemon (Posts: 45; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Wow you still have a GS2. Catch up with the times man.
47. _god_ (banned) (Posts: 47; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
I am also still using a galaxy s2 , problems ?
52. raghu67 (Posts: 19; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
GS2 is one of the best android phones... n is a capable one even today
14. james004 (Posts: 349; Member since: 15 May 2013)
only if they skip away from that physical home buttons. makes phone look 3 years old.
24. Seo_Joo_Hyun (Posts: 65; Member since: 14 Jul 2013)
Nokia Lumia 1520 ?
HTC One MAX ?
Sony Xperia Z Ultra ?
they all have the same processor (S800) but the Lumia will take advantage over them cause of buttery smooth windows phone
25. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 532; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Dont think so... There wont be any notable difference. May be WP UI is fast & fluid on dual core processor but it needs almost same amount of raw power as for the android needed when it comes to running HD games/apps.
And android(HTC one max,Z ultra) is also smooth on S800.
30. Seo_Joo_Hyun (Posts: 65; Member since: 14 Jul 2013)
but remember Touch Wiz can ruin that smoothness
31. Seo_Joo_Hyun (Posts: 65; Member since: 14 Jul 2013)
also i;d like to say that HD Games on the Lumia 920 run faster/smoother than Xperia Z with no frame drops but the Xperia Z has some frame drops
you see , the Xperia Z has a S4 PRO Quad core while the Lumia 920 has S4 Dual Core
41. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 532; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
I heard a lot of games lag on Lumia 920,some of my friends own 920. And I find out graphics on (some games) games are pretty low compared to iOS &android versions.when it comes to games gpu plays big part. When it have more pixel to process it needs more raw power.
42. Seo_Joo_Hyun (Posts: 65; Member since: 14 Jul 2013)
i compared modren combat 4 nd the amazing spider man and i saw the Xperia Z lag
58. PunyPoop (Posts: 506; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
It's because of the resolution. Z and almost all of androids today has Full HD screen. It'll be a fair comparison if Nokia also has 1080p screens.
6. newbey123 (Posts: 92; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Come on HTC, I've been waiting for you all to unleash the HTC One Max. Hope they bring it to IFA!
7. lalalaman (Posts: 135; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Phablets phablet everywhere.....gonna b amazing....these are the most anticipated phones of 2013.....finally here...exited :D
10. SonyPS4 (Posts: 154; Member since: 21 May 2013)
That white Honami looks elegant and classy
37. xoatomxo (Posts: 54; Member since: 26 Apr 2011)
Its pity that so many people cheers for Sony, yet nobody actually buys them.
I bet amilcarmz dont even have Sony either!
46. artealis (Posts: 98; Member since: 15 Dec 2010)
fansboy don't actually buy it just poisoning others to join them, so they can share their pains while using sony's greatest expensive smartphone.
or maybe they just love the logo
17. zachattack (Posts: 204; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
2013 already has its best. Note 3 won't be the best, maybe if you like tablets.
18. saffant (Posts: 173; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
It's a phablet. Don't worry they haven't ignored the small handed minority—HTC One Mini and S4 mini are for viable options.
Rest of us can enjoy the real flagship: Note III.
26. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 532; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
a true beast for small handed people or for the people who prefer small screen sized phone.
27. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 934; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
You're so dumb phone with a reasonable size sold more than all phablet combined.
So phablets user is the real minority.
The majority of people in the world will enjoy Honami, Iphone 5/5S, S4, G2, Moto X, One, Lumia or even N5.
63. saffant (Posts: 173; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
Dimwit. A 5" phone isn't much smaller than the Note 3. Most small handed people opt for 4.3-4.5" phones.
Most of the phones u mentioned dont fall into that category. Hence, the small minority IS the S4 mini/Honami mini etc.
19. shefo (Posts: 3; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
where could i find a full coverage (not only phones) of the ifa 2013 ??
20. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5178; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
NOTE III Samsung Smart watch check n double check. Sony Z1 waterproof phone and check.
21. amansingal14 (Posts: 260; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
Two phones announced on 4th September. One is on course to be the best phone ever (until its diverted by the maker from its path) and the other carries a 'S-Pen'
36. MistB (Posts: 509; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Are you talking about Nokia and Samsung here, cause aside from the HTC One Max the rest to put it bluntly, are an utter borefest. Oh wait...Sony are going to be there...looks like you won't be needing them sleeping pills then :D
38. Jason2k13 (Posts: 427; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
HTC ONE MAX better provide pen capabilities or else its just a huge version of HTC ONE, which is gonna be a borefest.
28. hellonerds (Posts: 89; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
I'll take note 3 :) been waiting for Like a year
44. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 884; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
So have I. I skipped on the Note 2 to await the Note 3. cant wait until im able to upgrade in december!!
29. AsisHaas (Posts: 40; Member since: 14 Jul 2013)
Oh wow Alcatel, going to fight with Note 3 .
32. Taters (Posts: 1771; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Too many dummy companies thinking that they need to market and have their own shows to be successful these days. HTC and LG just wasted a boatload of money having their own show for the HTC One and LG G2 respectively when HTC could have used MWC and LG could have used IFA to a much greater effect.
These shows are beginning to become meh thanks to Stupid thinking like that.
When will these companies learn that there is a lot more that goes into Samsung and Apples success than marketing. Those idiots should be fired making their own show when they have no clout yet. Only Sony realizes that CES and IFA work just better for middle tier companies and they can slowly build momentum until having their own show makes sense.
Lets hope Asus and Huawei don't get any stupid ideas like that and ruin these shows forever.
56. 1113douglas (Posts: 162; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
apples devices aren't good enough for IFA
43. XaErO (Posts: 37; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
This will surely be an interesting event.
I guess, most of the people might be awaiting for announcements from Samsung & Sony.
And i believe they both will come-up quite strongly to serve people's demand.
45. zachattack (Posts: 204; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
2013's best was already announced like 2 weeks ago, the G2. None of these phones even matter. especially the Note 3 haha
49. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 1548; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Ofcourse Z1 (Honami) first and then Note 3 (Phablet) and Lumia 1520 (Bandit).
50. BigBoss10 (Posts: 161; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will be the leader :D
53. 007james (Posts: 15; Member since: 03 Aug 2013)
Why won't Sony spread to other carriers?! CDMA please!
62. scriptwriter (Posts: 388; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
CDMA is slow and outdated. Thats why!