IFA 2012: what to expect
0. phoneArena 24 Aug 2012, 08:45 posted on
The 52nd installment of the Internationale Funkausstellung Berlin, better known as IFA, kicks off in just a week. Are you excited as much as we are? Well, you should be, in case you consider yourself a true tech geek. After all, the event will be of considerable proportions, as usual, with hundreds of companies from around the world showing off their latest and greatest products...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. megaSUNNY (Posts: 68; Member since: 26 Jun 2012)
waiting for note 2 and mostly xperia devices
3. jael206 (Posts: 136; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
wait a minute.. color me confused, but i thought xperia T=mint and xperia GX=hayabusa, two different phones. so how come this article says that xperia T=international version of xperia GX? explain to me please..
4. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
Phone arenea error..
Xperia Mint = T
Xperia GX = TX
so basically PR is wrong..
5. wendygarett (unregistered)
I'll pick sony tablet thank you :)
15. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
than i ll kick you ..................... lol
6. Supermanz28 (Posts: 17; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
i dont get it whats the hype with the HTC Proto. from what ive seen the specs are sub par so why all the hype if they want to compete with Samsung and the Note 2 and S3, they need to step up the games
12. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1266; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
The HTC proto is goigng to fill the gigantic price gap left between the One V and the One S. It's not a competitor for the Note 2 or the S3, but for the Galaxy S Advance or the Galaxy ACE 2 (Galaxy S2 as much).
8. smallworld (Posts: 449; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Can't wait for Xperia Tablet !!! My birthday is in 3 month !
9. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
i think perhaps the 2 phones that would get the most attention would be the Galaxy Note 2 and the Optimus G
10. Suts_97 (Posts: 124; Member since: 05 May 2012)
Wow! All the announcements expected seem pretty cool!
11. swagat73 (Posts: 11; Member since: 12 Aug 2012)
all the dreams come true in september and october.
i wait for htc with s4 320 gpu,4.7" True IPS 1080p HD screen & 2GB of RAM ,removal battery with 2200mhz, window phone 8 in htc zenith
nvidia tegra 3 1.7ghz chip,4.7" True IPS 1080p HD screen ,13mp camera, 2GB of RAM ,removal battery with 2200mhz , android 4.1 jelly bean in htc one x+
18. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4163; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
You don't need 1080p on a screen that small. That's 468 ppi. That means you won't be able to see about 160 ppi. Anything over 300 ppi is fine, as your eye cannot detect pixels over 300 ppi. Why can't people learn this? 1080p would just waste your battery life and graphics.
And the unit for measurement of battery capacity is mAh I'm pretty sure, not MHz. Also, HTC probably isn't going to go back to removable batteries, along with Motorola and Sony. They're just going to make the batteries better instead of making them removable
17. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4163; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I'm sure Google will host their own event for announcing the Nexus.
19. dmckay12 (Posts: 243; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
And chances are, it will be November 5th, Androids birthday.
20. techsavvy.jaz (Posts: 139; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
I expect them to be 'nexuses' not just nexus ;)
21. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4163; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I believe the correct term is still Nexus, as it can still be considered plural if using the certain context. Or Nexi, as the plural of words that end in "us" usually end in "i" (Octopi, cacti, etc.)