IE10 for Windows Phone 8 will finally be competent in HTML5
0. phoneArena posted on 11 May 2012, 19:18
If you're a Windows Phone 7 user, there are a lot of things to like about the system, but Internet Explorer is not really one of them. The browser is relatively capable of rendering mobile websites without issue, but it has...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Mobile-X-Pert posted on 11 May 2012, 19:30 8 1
Im pretty sure that´s gonna improve more than that.
3. androidornothing posted on 11 May 2012, 20:05 1 6
i think WP7 is a very balanced OS. Its nice and clean. But the chance of me leaving android is when pigs fly.
4. JSern posted on 11 May 2012, 21:03 3 2
After the radiation accident at Fukushima, Japan, soon.
11. cepcamba posted on 12 May 2012, 04:15 1 0
If you use the black bird that explodes, you might be able to make the pigs fly :p
14. roscuthiii posted on 12 May 2012, 09:36 0 0
I'm looking more forward to carnivorous winged kangaroos. Beware, they are coming.
5. wp74ver (banned) posted on 11 May 2012, 21:43 6 1
That's just a beta can wait to have it on my white lumia 900 WP best is ever lol .
6. ghostnexus posted on 11 May 2012, 22:10 4 1
same, I was worried that the lumia 900 wouldn't get windows phone 8 so I contacted them and they said it was and they are also providing camera improvements
9. Henrik posted on 12 May 2012, 02:30 1 0
What? Give us more details on what they said about the upgradeability to WP8. You got some screenshots or something to back it up? :-)
19. ghostnexus posted on 26 May 2012, 23:30 0 0
sorry I just saw this now but here you go I saved it just encase somebody asked :Dhttp://i621.photobucket.com/al
20. Henrik posted on 03 Jun 2012, 05:25 0 0
You should read thehttp://wmpoweruser.com/at-least-nokia-care-thinks-the-nokia-lumia-900-is-upgradable-to-windows-phone-8/ article ;-) I gave you some cred there at the bottom for your find when I tipped them! ^^
7. iluvtrolling (banned) posted on 11 May 2012, 22:33 3 7
Android needs to learn to innovate, its always copying like its counterpart Samsung.
10. jellytime posted on 12 May 2012, 03:06 2 2
I cant take your comment seriously "iluvtrolling"
12. Mozarrt posted on 12 May 2012, 07:28 0 1
At the moment I couldn't care less in the score on the html5 test, for me the IE9 (and 8 for that matter) on Windows Phone is so much more smoother than on any phone, Android and iOS alike.
13. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) posted on 12 May 2012, 08:06 0 0
its smooth yes, but lacks hardware and software.
even ios is better atleast it supports better cpu gpu...
15. xperia posted on 12 May 2012, 11:46 0 0
mark my words windows 8 will be super duper flop on destop it is fine on tablets but no way on desktop
16. isprobi posted on 12 May 2012, 12:19 0 0
HTML5 support is nice to have. But my biggest issue with IE on Windows Phone is not being able to play videos. When I go to sites like engadget.com I usually find that about 1/3 of the videos cannot be played. And I cannot watch streaming video like the engadget podcast. When I go to sites like abc.com or Amazon Prime it tells me I need Adobe Flash. I watch allot of online videos so this shortcoming keeps me running Android and just using my WP phone sometimes. And the main reason I use the WP phone is the physical camera button and 16 MP camera on the HTC Titan 2 not because of the OS. In my opinion Windows Phone OS is still only half done compared to Android. It does seem to have much better battery life though.
17. -box- posted on 12 May 2012, 22:10 0 0
Personally, IE9 on my Lumia 900 is the best mobile browser I've ever used. IE10 can only improve it.