IDC: Samsung topped Apple in smart connected device shipments for 2012
0. phoneArena posted on 22 Feb 2013, 09:35
The smart connected devices market includes desktop and portable PCs, smartphones and tablets and that market is a highly contested one between-who else-Samsung and Apple-with the former having a remarkable 86% gain in such sales in 2012; Samsung sold 250 million "smart connected devices" in 2012 with Apple's 218.7 million right behind...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
6. Mxyzptlk posted on 22 Feb 2013, 10:42 2 13
The numbers are slightly misleading. Actually Apple sold more per volume. The reason is that Samsung releases a new device like every week and because Samsung devices are readily available at many locations.
Apple is more niche and focused. Majority of their devices are sold in their stores.
Numbers don't always paint the full picture.
9. GALAXY-STORM posted on 22 Feb 2013, 11:00 0 2
Will you justify to your statement " numbers are slightly misleading" when more iPhones and we're sold than sgs3 in q4.
11. g2a5b0e posted on 22 Feb 2013, 11:36 4 3
More per volume? Are you serious? You sound like Apple's PR guy trying to put a positive spin on coming in second. How about just be satisfied that they sold a ton of devices & made a lot of money. You never give up. What a joke.
16. rusticguy posted on 22 Feb 2013, 13:39 1 0
Butt hurt right? Yup numbers never paint true picture when Apple gets mounted by Samsung ... :)
18. lolioslol (banned) posted on 22 Feb 2013, 14:31 1 0
LMAO, can you hear the crazy coming out of your mouth? A product ceases to be "niche" when it is sold at wal mart, which your sacred iNovelties are.
Also, enlighten us. Which device did Sammy release this week? and the last? and the week before that? Oh right, you're making sh*t up. My bad.
7. Mxyzptlk posted on 22 Feb 2013, 10:46 1 10
I don't think the numbers elaborate much per volume wise.
10. protozeloz posted on 22 Feb 2013, 11:02 5 1
Lol must be hard for you to swallow, try water instead :)
25. lolioslol (banned) posted on 22 Feb 2013, 18:49 0 1
I'd prefer he try bleach.
4. ilia1986 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 10:20 12 1
Well of course Samsung has topped Apple in smart connected device shipments for 2012.
It was easy.
Apple doesn't have smart devices.
12. davecann2 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 11:38 0 4
I think I'm with jedi on this one....
Lets not rule Apple out just yet. I have a feeling that they will be back strong in the near future!
13. ilia1986 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 11:41 2 2
Selling toothpicks. They will call it: iTooth. And you will have to plug it to iTunes every day or it won't work. 1 iTooth for just 599$. There's an LTE version too for 1399$. Comes in white or black. And has gorilla glass all over it.
14. davecann2 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 12:06 0 2
Hey>> i'm not arguing the fact that Apple has lost its magic..lol and that Samsung has great devices. I'm just saying that Apple is an extremely smart company who, not only learns from other companies mistakes, but learns from their own.
I just think Apple is listing to what users are saying...
- iPhone needs a larger screen
- iOS need to complete redesign
- More innovation
... I just think Apple will make a comeback.
15. ilia1986 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 12:42 4 1
There is something you should know about Apple, then.
This is coming from an ex-fan and from a person who has read Steve's biography.
Apple NEVER learns from its mistakes because it believes it never does any.
Apple NEVER learns from its competitors.
Apple NEVER listens to its customers.
Yes - Apple is that arrogant.
17. davecann2 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 14:00 3 0
OK... you win.
This is me waving a white flag! =P
22. networkdood posted on 22 Feb 2013, 16:58 0 0
Wow, my thoughts exactly..but do not tell dark
19. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 22 Feb 2013, 14:38 0 0
In a couple of years time..Samsung's lead will be massive
24. rusticguy posted on 22 Feb 2013, 17:58 0 0
Samsung will be next Apple ... arrogant and ruthless ... :)
26. neurobiologist posted on 23 Feb 2013, 00:24 1 0
Keep destroying this apple, samsung! Evil must be dead. They was stupid enough to declare a war for all IT community, while thinking they gonna monopolize cellphone market. Hope every apple, evil spread store, will be bulldoze with the ground.