IDC: Nearly 1 billion Android smartphones may be shipped this year, plus 180 million iPhones and 47 million Windows Phones
0. phoneArena 27 Feb 2014, 11:19 posted on
While the smartphone adoption growth rate is slowing down, we'll still probably see about 1.2 billion units shipped throughout 2014, with an estimated 950 million of those being Android-based..
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
24. sgodsell (Posts: 3770; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
So Microsoft's Nokia X is it going to be in that 90% of low end junk you are talking about?
40. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Wait, just because it's low end doesn't mean it's junk.. Obviously Nokia makes quality devices from both ends of the spectrum... What's wrong with you? Your questions are throwed off..
53. SellPhones82 (Posts: 569; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Exactly, if low end = junk wouldn't that then mean the iPhone 5C is just since it's "low-end" at an extraordinary high price? How are the low end Android phones any different from some of the smaller pre-paid carriers still selling the iPhone 4? It's a 4 year old phone and considered low end by all standers in today's market. The Apple fan boys have very little to hold onto any more so their go-to is that Android dominates due to selling millions low end junk phones....it helps them sleep at night.
78. domfonusr (Posts: 384; Member since: 17 Jan 2014)
Alright, so, for example, what's wrong with a Kyocera Hydro EDGE that isn't also wrong with a Nokia Lumia 521? Are we really going to give low-end Windows Phones a pass while implying total junk-ishness for low-end Androids? You can't have your cake and eat it, too.
81. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Once again, I never said that just because it's low end it's junk... That's what people might think, but I didn't say that.. I used the Lumia as a example of a quality low end phone, and its a good example..
86. domfonusr (Posts: 384; Member since: 17 Jan 2014)
Alright, man... I won't press it any further, but something still smells funny...
96. VZWuser76 (Posts: 4375; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
I think the reason people think you're saying that low price equals junk is when you replied to this comment "And how many of those android phones are junk like the ones in family dollar, Fred's, dollar general?" and said the figure was around 90%. He wasn't talking about low price devices, but junk low price devices. If he would've said low price rather than junk, I don't think there would've been the confusion you're seeing.
22. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Do you spend all of your time creating different variations and combinations of Dark, Jedi & Unlovely. I know you're the same loser man married to a she-male. Really now:
All the same loser; at least be creative. Oh, i Forgot, that's hard to do on a tiny 4-inch flashless screen.
31. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Hey, that's not cool. "Married to shemale" what are you, 6-year old?
47. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Dude, seriously, Wanda never looked so manly. Anyhoot, who art thou, his bi-Âche? I am glad, according to this factual article Android Rules!!!!
33. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Dude, if you're talking bout DarkJedi then you must not know that he bought a Note3... Probably has a larger screen then your device... If you're calling him a troll then I know exactly who the troll is...
43. darkkjedii (Posts: 21794; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Bro I'm not darkvadervip, I'm not DigitalJedi either. I don't even really bother responding to the writer of post 22, cuz it's really a complete waste of time. Anyway the tech landscape looks like it should. Google market share, apple profit margin, MS strong up and comer. Not impressed with the s5, and not disappointed really either, to me Nokia, HTC, and LG are bringing it. Apple and Samsung are cruising. Hope all is well bro.
105. darkkjedii (Posts: 21794; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
rodneyej1, what's your next phone bro? I'm mos def gonna get the ip6, and N4 as that's my yearly combo. The N1520 and GFlex look awesome too though. I think Nokia and LG are coming on strong. What do u think?
114. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I'm not really impressed with LG.. I most likely will keep getting Lumia devices because WP is my OS.. But, I'm extremely impressed with Sony devices... A Z2 ultra would be cool!!
But, after having this 1520 I just can't go lower than a 6" screen.. I'm on a att next plan so I can already get a new device this December... Let's just say that they haven't unveiled any devices that I can see myself buying yet.. IOW.. I'm waiting for the successor to the 1520..
115. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I was really unimpressed with the build quality of the LG flex.....
63. DigitalJedi_X2 (banned) (Posts: 346; Member since: 30 Jan 2012)
Sorry to burst your bubble homie, but there's only ONE DigitalJedi_X2. And its DEFINITELY NOT darkvadervip and DAM SURE NOT DarkkJeddii.
65. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Right, no coincidence that you all (names) look alike.
70. DigitalJedi_X2 (banned) (Posts: 346; Member since: 30 Jan 2012)
It is nothing more than a coincidence. If you don't believe it, who cares? Don't believe it. But I can assure you, I am not that SUPER Troll DarkkJeddii.
74. darkkjedii (Posts: 21794; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Super troll no, but with a physique like mine, maybe superman.
102. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
I'd like to know what broken mirror you stare into when you make these self-aSS-essments??
BTW, stop self-stereotyping: a whole white ensemble in the dead of winter, with white shoes to boot. I know they eased up on the "no white after Labor Day" fashion rule but, DAMN!!! Where's your white Sunday hat?
101. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Oh My God, I am soooo sorry that I confused you with that TrollTramp; can you ever forgive my insolence?? I will never again confuse you with being subhuman.
Again, my deepest PAPI'Apologies.
71. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
So, what you're saying is that there is no possible way that these two can't be two different people? You do realize just how foolish that sounds, right?
73. darkkjedii (Posts: 21794; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Glad someone other than I sees that. +1
103. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
OMG, I was so wrong, I mistook those poor men for being Steve Jobs' right hand (shaker).
106. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
You've been "so wrong" about a lot of things, but I think this may take the cake. You truly are brainless. If you even bother to read digitaljedi's or darkkjedi's post, you would see that they have two totally different points of view. Brainless, indeed....
108. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Oh, I just looked at your avatar: figures.
110. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
Says the fool with a name like "Papi". You're a JOKE. And a bad one at that.