ICS update finally makes its way to Vodafone's version of the Samsung Galaxy S II
0. phoneArena 13 Apr 2012, 10:06 posted on
As most US handset owners continue to twiddle their thumbs waiting for their shot, Vodafone’s version of the Samsung Galaxy S II is getting in with the long awaited software update. Actually, its arrival comes after a single day of being delayed, but nevertheless, owners can grab the update through...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. steviewonders (Posts: 20; Member since: 03 Nov 2009)
That's what they say on the forums but i've tried twice today and still no update.
2. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
I would have liked it more if they could drop that TouchWiz thing!! It was good for Gingerbread and earlier version of Android but now it looks disgusting!!
Anyone have idea how to use stock ICS launcher on S2 running ICS??
3. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
download apex launcher from the play store. it mimics the stock ICS launcher, but there'll still be the themed notification area and apps. If you want to get rid of those, you'll have to root and install a custom ROM.
I don't have a SII, but i'm running AOKP on my vibrant, so it seems a ROM is the best way to go if you want stockish ICS
10. khanmhsn (Posts: 25; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
you should f**k off if you dont like it......
6. bvalde09 (Posts: 173; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
How do I know which carrier is mine? Dont have any logos ? Any Ideas? I try ti plug in the phone sometime through Kies and get nothing.
7. vinshark (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
When is the ICS coming to middle east???been waiting ..waiting waiting...
9. illiad (Posts: 113; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
bvalde09: you dont who you are paying??? you will need to get a 'network info' app... :)
12. bvalde09 (Posts: 173; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Yes I know who I am paying but I didnt bought the phone through them. So make me wonder if I could get the update since my phone didnt belong to any carrier to begin with. Since I dont have any Logos like ATT T-Mo or any other.
11. Alex. (Posts: 2; Member since: 13 Feb 2011)
Ics on the Samsung galaxys2 itt is grap i dont itt is old and nieuwsam app dont work on itt.