ICS coming to RAZR, MAXX, and REZOUND next week?
0. phoneArena 30 Mar 2012, 14:58 posted on
One of our tipsters has just informed us that Best Buy has posted Ice Cream Sandwich release dates on its internal employee news site. The great news is – it’s next week...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
17. roscuthiii (Posts: 2224; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Yep, I was pretty leery about Motorola's Blur interface before I picked up the Razr Maxx, but I haven't had any issues with the UI so far. Actually, I admit I kinda like Moto's interface. My only gripe was a few things I'm used to from ADW so I switched back to that. But that's really only because I was used to ADW, not a knock against Blur.
In the end I'm probably just going to root it and run a custom ROM anyhow, stock Android OS or not. I'd been waiting to root to see what ICS would bring on its own, or even if it would get the ICS update. I hadn't expected anything until the summer. This just bumps up my time frame. Whoo hoo!!! :-D
38. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
yeah, but who cares GO Launcher is going on instantly.
44. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i'm using GO Launcher on my Razr now but i hope i like the new ICS Launcher better because GO Launcher is a big hit to battery life.
52. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I have a Razr Maxx, so battery life is no object.
58. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
oh you're cool! :P
even if i had a MAXX i wouldn't want to waste battery life in such a manner.
10. flopjoke (Posts: 42; Member since: 05 Jan 2012)
damn, that's gonna make a slim phone look even more sexy!
11. Alantef (Posts: 288; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
i REALLY hope this is true....my friend picked the razr over the nexus for the soul reason of it NOT having ice cream sandwich (retard)..now a week later its gonna have it HAHAHA!!!
19. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
He can always not update until feeling like it
20. Alantef (Posts: 288; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
(why the thumps down) they wont have any idea what the update is about (because im not gonna tell her) ((evil laugh))
27. Alantef (Posts: 288; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
OMG!!! these thumps down are making me sad...lol i didnt say anything wrong i LOVE ice cream sandwich im apart of the cool people club lol...i have a nexus (not Verizon but GSM) i paid the big bucks lol...go android!
40. redrooster13 (Posts: 107; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
there I gave you a thumbs up. btw you got the razr and the nexus mixed up in the top post.
42. redrooster13 (Posts: 107; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
wait never mind I was confused. Why would your friend not want ice cream sandwich?
62. Alantef (Posts: 288; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
because shes lame! she couldn't come up with one reason why she didn't like it....damn females
15. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
If this is true this will be awesome. Motorola will have kept up with their update schedule from last year at least, and HTC will continue with its new trend of being quickly about updates. Samsung can't be far behind either.
16. troybuilt (Posts: 155; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)
I have the Razr Maxx. I really hope this true as well. Also, I really hope that Moto made some changes and not make it look identical to the GB blur. The blue notification bar gets old real quick.
18. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Be careful, it could be early April fools day joke, I won't believe anything from Mar 30th to April 3rd, unless is 1000% confirmed
29. Alantef (Posts: 288; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
lol i agree! with anything someone tells me!!! its always a set it for April fools
39. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I'm pretty sure its getting ditched like the Droid X and X2, not positive tho.
22. archon810 (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
We posted some visual proof that PhoneArena's info is reliable at AndroidPolice. I can't post links, so I won't link to it.
As far as Best Buy employees are concerned, this is legit. Whether Verizon follows up or not remains to be seen.
31. roscuthiii (Posts: 2224; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Thus the real Achilles' Heel of a skinned Android... carrier interference.
I wish they'd separate the coding so Google could update the OS more timely, maybe make the skins a home replacement like ADW, GO Launcher, Launcher Pro, etc. If they were available in the market (err, Google Play Store) and came with at least some kind of perks they may be received more warmly by people.
49. belovedson (Posts: 988; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
i been saying this for a year now but i realize without the skins people would all buy the best tech and just reskin it. or the best priced phone and skin it
25. jphillips63 (Posts: 222; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Well I had the GN when on launch day and to be quiet honest I didn't like ICS it was very laggy and the fact that it leaves out the synch for face book didn't go over too well with me. Why would anyone omit the synch of any social network site when this is a social network world is beyond me. so I'll be denying the download until they can actually complete ICS as Honeycomb is now
30. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3108; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
I really hope this isn't an April Fools joke.
48. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
ICS on the DROID RAZR is awesome - works fantastically...all of you RAZR and MAXX owners will be pleased....
59. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
he has an ICS ROM. he doesn't know what he's talking about. :P
63. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
A ROM isn't going to be like the real thing...?
None of the ROMs even have a working camera!