ICS coming to RAZR, MAXX, and REZOUND next week?
0. phoneArena 30 Mar 2012, 14:58 posted on
One of our tipsters has just informed us that Best Buy has posted Ice Cream Sandwich release dates on its internal employee news site. The great news is – it’s next week...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
64. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5688; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
we're getting a Motorola customized version.
55. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 411; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
So what does this mean for the Bionic? It can't be much work to port it over!
Or for the Droid 4, and Droid 3
60. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5688; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
there's subtle changes in the UI from the Razr series and the rest because of the AMOLED displays.
57. SupermanayrB (Posts: 306; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Win, win for me. I bought Maxx (loved it) but returned it when the supposed pic of the Droid Fighter surfaced, which is rumored to be packin ICS. If it doesn't come out on the 12th or is just a basic android or not made by Moto then I'll get the Maxx again & by then it should come with ICS out the box. Til then I'll be rockin my original Droid.
61. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5688; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
this seems to be legit because people are getting emails from Motorola about a soak test for an upcoming update and they usually do that a week in advance of the initial roll-out.
65. c.hack (Posts: 549; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
Seriously? 4 months after being released, ICS has not made I to any Motorola Droid? Lame.
66. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5688; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
and what else has it made it to for that matter? ICS was a huge upgrade, not even the Nexus S 4G has it yet.
75. jroc74 (Posts: 5596; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Exactly...lol. The Xoom is just now getting as of a few days ago.
67. BattleBrat (Posts: 1290; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Droid RAZR owners (not MAXX owners) are you guys running Gingerbread 2.3.6? I wonder if it was released to all.
And if you want ICS sooner, why don't you guys join the MOTO feedback forums like I did?
68. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5688; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, we're running 2.3.6.
i've been a member of the forums for years but i haven't gotten my email for the soak test yet.
69. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Great for all the other Verizon hansets. But the bottom line is 4.0.5 better be coming to the GALAXY NEXUS first...
70. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5688; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
we'll definitely be getting 4.0.3 at first. it hasn't been long enough for this to possibly be 4.0.5.
71. Sparhawk (Posts: 75; Member since: 10 Mar 2012)
According to Motorola's time table, the information in this article is probably not correct.
The RAZR is currently in "development" phase, and according to the linked page, it says the next phase ("testing") hasn't yet started. I doubt they would do a "testing" phase of just a couple days. Maybe the April 4th date is the beginning of the "testing" phase, where they roll it out for a "soak test" to a limited number of people.
For the expected timing of ICS rollout, it says "Rollouts begin in Q2 2012", which could mean anytime in April, May, or June.
72. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5688; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the reason why Motorola can't pin down a definite time table is because of Verizon. i'm 85% certain the update WILL be pushed on Wednesday.
76. troybuilt (Posts: 155; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)
I'm guessing this post isn't true. There's no update for my Maxx. Probably another April fools joke. Poster must think he's really funny.
77. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5688; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it was probably planned for Wednesday but the soak test may have brought a set back or two. if you really want it bad enough you can flash it on your phone right now.
78. troybuilt (Posts: 155; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)
They shouldn't post stuff like this if it wasn't "fact". I'm not rooting my phone to get the update early. I guess I have no choice to keep waiting for the official ota.
79. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5688; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Best Buy saying that the update was coming today is "Fact" it was up to you whether you wanted to believe them or not. that's all you can do if you don't want to use the leaked version that's available to you so quit whining and just wait, the fact that the update is being pushed through Moto's official servers means that the OTA is coming soon, real soon.