ICS coming to RAZR, MAXX, and REZOUND next week?
0. phoneArena posted on 30 Mar 2012, 14:58
One of our tipsters has just informed us that Best Buy has posted Ice Cream Sandwich release dates on its internal employee news site. The great news is – it’s next week...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rcjrdrummer posted on 30 Mar 2012, 15:04 2
Yesssss. Just bought the Maxx! Stoked to hear ICS is coming.
28. Synack posted on 30 Mar 2012, 16:58 2
$100 says it will look the exact same, but it will say 4.0.4 in the About phone menu.
32. Whateverman posted on 30 Mar 2012, 17:15 0
IDK, maybe a little. The new UI is too good to total redo, so its in Motorola's best interest to add just a few of its own touches and leave the rest as is.
33. KingKurogiii posted on 30 Mar 2012, 17:18 1
35. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 30 Mar 2012, 17:28 0
links dont work on phonearena.
41. KingKurogiii posted on 30 Mar 2012, 19:51 0
34. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 30 Mar 2012, 17:27 0
Hey don't ruin it for us MAXX owners! I say it wont be, and I better get my $100!
46. belovedson posted on 30 Mar 2012, 20:31 4
expect dramatic speed increases and even better battery life. i would have never thought i would like Motorola but the maxx is bar non the best phone out there.
54. chrisbo5 posted on 31 Mar 2012, 10:48 1
I seen it already, i had a motorola rep at my job and he had it on his maxx.. looks pretty good but not to much changes in the looks..just more smooth. and it has a folder feature like how the iphone,(don't understand why would they do that)
56. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 31 Mar 2012, 13:57 0
Whoah, you should tip Phone Arena on some things you know, so this site gets the best articles.
13. GuiltyBystander posted on 30 Mar 2012, 15:40 0
This is way off topic but i want to ask, how long does it take to completely charge your Maxx from 0% to 100%?.
14. rcjrdrummer posted on 30 Mar 2012, 15:55 1
Well I've only had it for a day but I've charged it from 0-50% and it took about a little over an hour. So I would assume around 2 and a half hours complete charge.
36. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 30 Mar 2012, 17:30 1
Mine's about 3, takes 45 min just to get from 0 to 20, but after that it speeds up.
I wish it charged faster.
Oh, and it takes like FOREVER to charge when hooked up to my computer.
47. belovedson posted on 30 Mar 2012, 20:32 0
that's with any device dude.
50. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 31 Mar 2012, 08:46 0
alright Mr. Smart Guy, don't you be sassy with me
3. PAPINYC posted on 30 Mar 2012, 15:11 2
I played with the GN before buying my RAZR™ back in December; I was impressed with ICS on a whole, it should be interesting on the RAZR™. Although, don't really have complaints on GB.
4. nas1800 posted on 30 Mar 2012, 15:13 0
Hopefully the Droid 4 is coming VERY soon then too, I can't wait!!!!
23. mas11 posted on 30 Mar 2012, 16:38 0
It beter, the Droid 4 is newer thany any of the phones in the article!
37. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 30 Mar 2012, 17:31 0
Yea, the Droid 4 is a really good phone. Its just like the Razr spec wise, isn't it?
43. KingKurogiii posted on 30 Mar 2012, 19:52 0
everything except for the display is the same.
51. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 31 Mar 2012, 08:47 0
it's interesting how the OG Droid has one of the best screens for a smartphone, and then the 4th version of it is terrible. (screen-wise)
5. roscuthiii posted on 30 Mar 2012, 15:17 5
My pessimist inside me tells me this is too good to be true and that ICS couldn't possibly be ready yet for these phones. The optimist inside me is grabbing a baseball bat and telling the pessimist to shut the f*ck up or else.
6. KingKurogiii posted on 30 Mar 2012, 15:21 2
whOOp whOOp! ;D
that's exciting news for me (i have a Razr) and my dad who just got a Razr MAXX a few days ago.
7. EarnYourLeather posted on 30 Mar 2012, 15:23 3
It has happened to me
Right in front of my face
My feelings can't describe it
It has happened to me
Right in front of my face
And I just cannot hide it
8. roscuthiii posted on 30 Mar 2012, 15:27 3
Screw you dude! That song is now stuck in my head for the rest of the day. :-P
But, I share your sentiments if this rumor pans out.
9. Carlitos posted on 30 Mar 2012, 15:28 3
Im really interested to see how good ICS is going to look with the New Motorola UI on the razr phones.
12. KingKurogiii posted on 30 Mar 2012, 15:37 2
me too. i love that Moto only seems intent on making subtle changes that retains that Motorola Character but doesn't make the experience too different from Stock like what they've done with Honeycomb on the Xyboards.
17. roscuthiii posted on 30 Mar 2012, 16:10 1
Yep, I was pretty leery about Motorola's Blur interface before I picked up the Razr Maxx, but I haven't had any issues with the UI so far. Actually, I admit I kinda like Moto's interface. My only gripe was a few things I'm used to from ADW so I switched back to that. But that's really only because I was used to ADW, not a knock against Blur.
In the end I'm probably just going to root it and run a custom ROM anyhow, stock Android OS or not. I'd been waiting to root to see what ICS would bring on its own, or even if it would get the ICS update. I hadn't expected anything until the summer. This just bumps up my time frame. Whoo hoo!!! :-D
38. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 30 Mar 2012, 17:31 1
yeah, but who cares GO Launcher is going on instantly.
44. KingKurogiii posted on 30 Mar 2012, 19:53 0
i'm using GO Launcher on my Razr now but i hope i like the new ICS Launcher better because GO Launcher is a big hit to battery life.
52. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 31 Mar 2012, 08:48 1
I have a Razr Maxx, so battery life is no object.
58. KingKurogiii posted on 31 Mar 2012, 14:27 0
oh you're cool! :P
even if i had a MAXX i wouldn't want to waste battery life in such a manner.
10. flopjoke posted on 30 Mar 2012, 15:32 1
damn, that's gonna make a slim phone look even more sexy!
11. Alantef posted on 30 Mar 2012, 15:35 1
i REALLY hope this is true....my friend picked the razr over the nexus for the soul reason of it NOT having ice cream sandwich (retard)..now a week later its gonna have it HAHAHA!!!
20. Alantef posted on 30 Mar 2012, 16:19 1
(why the thumps down) they wont have any idea what the update is about (because im not gonna tell her) ((evil laugh))
24. protozeloz posted on 30 Mar 2012, 16:38 0
It was not me, and that's evil. :)
27. Alantef posted on 30 Mar 2012, 16:56 2
OMG!!! these thumps down are making me sad...lol i didnt say anything wrong i LOVE ice cream sandwich im apart of the cool people club lol...i have a nexus (not Verizon but GSM) i paid the big bucks lol...go android!
40. redrooster13 posted on 30 Mar 2012, 19:50 0
there I gave you a thumbs up. btw you got the razr and the nexus mixed up in the top post.
42. redrooster13 posted on 30 Mar 2012, 19:52 0
wait never mind I was confused. Why would your friend not want ice cream sandwich?
62. Alantef posted on 31 Mar 2012, 17:04 0
because shes lame! she couldn't come up with one reason why she didn't like it....damn females
15. Sniggly posted on 30 Mar 2012, 15:57 1
If this is true this will be awesome. Motorola will have kept up with their update schedule from last year at least, and HTC will continue with its new trend of being quickly about updates. Samsung can't be far behind either.
16. troybuilt posted on 30 Mar 2012, 16:02 1
I have the Razr Maxx. I really hope this true as well. Also, I really hope that Moto made some changes and not make it look identical to the GB blur. The blue notification bar gets old real quick.
18. protozeloz posted on 30 Mar 2012, 16:11 0
Be careful, it could be early April fools day joke, I won't believe anything from Mar 30th to April 3rd, unless is 1000% confirmed
29. Alantef posted on 30 Mar 2012, 17:01 0
lol i agree! with anything someone tells me!!! its always a set it for April fools
39. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 30 Mar 2012, 17:32 1
I'm pretty sure its getting ditched like the Droid X and X2, not positive tho.
22. archon810 posted on 30 Mar 2012, 16:35 1
We posted some visual proof that PhoneArena's info is reliable at AndroidPolice. I can't post links, so I won't link to it.
As far as Best Buy employees are concerned, this is legit. Whether Verizon follows up or not remains to be seen.
31. roscuthiii posted on 30 Mar 2012, 17:06 1
Thus the real Achilles' Heel of a skinned Android... carrier interference.
I wish they'd separate the coding so Google could update the OS more timely, maybe make the skins a home replacement like ADW, GO Launcher, Launcher Pro, etc. If they were available in the market (err, Google Play Store) and came with at least some kind of perks they may be received more warmly by people.
49. belovedson posted on 30 Mar 2012, 22:24 0
i been saying this for a year now but i realize without the skins people would all buy the best tech and just reskin it. or the best priced phone and skin it
25. jphillips63 posted on 30 Mar 2012, 16:39 0
Well I had the GN when on launch day and to be quiet honest I didn't like ICS it was very laggy and the fact that it leaves out the synch for face book didn't go over too well with me. Why would anyone omit the synch of any social network site when this is a social network world is beyond me. so I'll be denying the download until they can actually complete ICS as Honeycomb is now
30. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 30 Mar 2012, 17:06 2
I really hope this isn't an April Fools joke.
48. networkdood posted on 30 Mar 2012, 21:06 0
ICS on the DROID RAZR is awesome - works fantastically...all of you RAZR and MAXX owners will be pleased....
59. KingKurogiii posted on 31 Mar 2012, 14:28 0
he has an ICS ROM. he doesn't know what he's talking about. :P
63. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 31 Mar 2012, 19:51 0
A ROM isn't going to be like the real thing...?
None of the ROMs even have a working camera!