Humor: iPhone buyers may face a real dilemma
0. phoneArena 25 Aug 2014, 20:41 posted on
The highly anticipated iPhone 6, or “new” iPhone, or whatever it will be called, may be available in more...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
6. Jinto (Posts: 414; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
Apple users will buy both since theyre so dumb...
7. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
My friend got a full ride into Yale and is mastering in neuroscience. What have you done in your time lol?
9. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Is your friend the guy in the comic who bought two iPhones? He doesn't know it yet, but not giving one of the two new iPhones he bought to his girlfriend is about to get him dumped... ;-)
11. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
+1 for trying? I mean really lol.
So corny its funny and scary at the same time. I fear that your sense of humor is quite the buzzkill on dates lol.
14. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Humor involves risk. Not everyone is going to see the laughs, especially in a message forum. But the risk makes it fun and gives it a thrill as well. And when someone gets it, I mean really gets it, then it's all worthwhile.
BTW I do quite well on dates, thank you :)
16. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
Wanna go on a date? I'll pick you up in 30
18. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I wouldn't want to cause any troubles with you and darkkjedii ;-)
52. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1702; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Your "friend" must make you feel really stupid. The real questions is what are you doing with your life?
56. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
E6 Military Police for the NAVY. You?
57. Sniggly (Posts: 7250; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Aren't the MPs the rejects from every other areas of specialized military training? As in, you couldn't hack it as a real soldier, so you try to run around ruining the fun of those who could?
58. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
Funny that you have nothing good to say.
Let me give you a little education about my path to my career.
I'm a MA (Master at Arms) E6 rank in the Navy. After scoring a 96 on my ASVAB test, many have constantly insisted on wanting to me join the Nuclear Program as either an ET, MM, or EM (electronics technician, machinist mate, and electricians mate).
I wanted to become an ET, which takes care of all the computer related aspects of maintaining and operating the ships nuclear reactor. Being that this is a very stressful job, it was something I was not interested in at the time. Master at Arms was my real interest and my intentions from the day I was interested in joining the NAVY. Once I get out in several years, I'll be on the road to becoming a detective or a federal agent (hopefully).
Next time you walk around laughing at people because of what their job is, take a second thought and think about it first. Apply to the Army and become a grunt, or a "real soldier". They need more bone heads like you… /s/
P.S. I bet my left arm and right leg you couldn't even score higher than a 13 on the ASVAB test if you tried.
Enjoy your day :)
62. Sniggly (Posts: 7250; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
"I wanted to become an ET, which takes care of all the computer related aspects of maintaining and operating the ships nuclear reactor. Being that this is a very stressful job, it was something I was not interested in at the time."
So in other words, you couldn't hack it being a real soldier. :)
(P.S. I scored a 98 on the ASVAB, but have never been interested in the military.)
54. DigitalBoy05 (Posts: 206; Member since: 04 Jun 2011)
Seems like your friend has been doing a lot with his time... what have YOU done? lol
24. androtaku (Posts: 219; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
android users are so clever that they'll buy every S-bloat that doesn't work
39. androtaku (Posts: 219; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
lolz,i guess android fans are so butt hurt that they had to attack every single apple related news and apple users just to demonstrate how smart they are.
44. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Nothing else compares is why, its all sub par to what we have currently.
Sorry, but without scrutinizing others, how will they ever improve the crap you're buying now.
That's right, you'd be stuck with a 3.5in phone lol.
45. Sniggly (Posts: 7250; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
No man, haven't you heard? The iPhone's totally been 4 inches for 2 years now!
37. Doakie (Posts: 1588; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Wasn't it just six months ago Apple fans were talking crap about Androids being too big at 4.7" and 5.5"? All of a sudden the tune changes because Apple finally offers phones with larger sizes?
At least try to be consistent in your opinions.......
40. androtaku (Posts: 219; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
freaking pathetic doggie,a few users opinion doesn't represent the whole community thoughts
few months ago there are freaking numbers of android fans attacking the 64 bit cpu architecture,yet now 64 bits becoming an inevitable progression.
finger print sensors were seen as gimmick by many android fans at that time,now they embrace the half baked S-fingerprint sensor on S5
try see things from both side,any fanatic fans,be it android or apple,are craps.
42. Sniggly (Posts: 7250; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Hilariously, it was Apple fans who first dismissed fingerprint scanners as gimmicks...when the Motorola Atrix, an Android phone, debuted with one back in early 2011.
Also, there's still no real point to 64 bit processors until smartphones hit 4 gigs of RAM, which hasn't happened yet and likely won't happen until next year. Furthermore, when it does it won't help all the current phones that have 3 gigs of RAM or less. So that's at least two generations of iPhones upon which 64 bit processors are wasted.
47. elitewolverine (Posts: 3133; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
If you think that 4gigs is the only reason for 64bit then you sir need a computer science class or two. The things it can do, regardless of mem size, is by far better than any 32bit version comparable.
4gigs was for desktop/servers that needed access to lots and lots of data on ram.
49. androtaku (Posts: 219; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
hilariously,u still banging on the same "few person opinion can represent a whole community" kind of mentality.
there are infinite examples of apple or android fans talking craps,stop being pathetic hypocrites
51. Sniggly (Posts: 7250; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
You're mighty defensive there. I recognize that you didn't throw the first punches, but yeah, there's blood on both sides. Both sides are full of idiots. And like it or not, they represent a good chunk of the Android and iOS community.
43. Ashoaib (Posts: 2713; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
this is only your assumption, we have plenty of options and we know how to analyze before buying unlike iboys who just jump out of the bed and directly stand up in queue to buy iphone... even they dont bother that they forget to put on their pents after jumping out of the bed
50. androtaku (Posts: 219; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
oh,only now did i know that nobody queue up to buy galaxy S4 on the first day without even bother whether the bloat junk S-scroll actually works
and when android fans attack i-fan with dumb assumption,why you stay quiet there? hypocrite arse
35. SIGPRO (Posts: 688; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Apple users are blind and dumb, even if the iphone was made of poop they would buy it....why? Because it is from Apple ahahahah dumb people!
21. Edward_bly (Posts: 255; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
Yeah let Android decide for you. Woo-hoo!!!
4. blitzkreig (Posts: 103; Member since: 18 Aug 2014)
ok.. I have read the article.
now, where's the humour?
8. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
The comic is a perfect depiction of the "logic" that many iZombies are known for.
10. kent-gaga (Posts: 230; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
does anyone notice the guy in blue shirt looks like Steve Jobs in the first picture?
12. nothingmuch (Posts: 184; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Decisions decisions. ... now the line for the wall huggers will be twice as long ;))
15. durag1 (Posts: 33; Member since: 29 May 2012)
Still probably 1 GB ram, dual core processor, no sd card or no changeable battery. Have to be a moron to keep buying the same phone every 2 years! Apple never changes. Apple never again!!!!!!!
26. aba71983 (Posts: 589; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
You are moron if you go to 2 years contract. If you can afford to buy by cash why not. Unless if your budgeting you money, than you have no choice than to get 2 years contract. Here in the Philippines, it is NOT easy to get Post-Paid or Plan like that. To many requirement needed before you can get 1 or 2 years contract for mobile.
Anyway, it because you cannot afford to by in cash, yes you better go to your carrier and get 2 years contract and don't argue here or to yourself.
Buy Samsung phones because they have SD card , 3 GB RAM with Octa Core processor and try to compare with the Dual Core and see which is faster in web browsing, don't lag much and etc.
38. VZWuser76 (Posts: 2591; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
Wow, been awhile since I heard the elitist "You're mad because you can't afford it" accusation. The problem with your logic is, here in the US, the bigger carriers don't discount the price of the plan if you buy full retail. So unless there is another reason to buy full price (like being on a legacy unlimited data plan or having a discontinued promo), what logic is there to buy full retail? If the plan cost is the same either way, there's zero benefit.
Until all carriers here in the US offer a discount if you buy full retail, the subsidized plan model will continue to exist.
61. durag1 (Posts: 33; Member since: 29 May 2012)
aba71983, I never said I buy phone every 2 yrs. I've had same phone for 3 yrs. now. Only get new phone when one is good enough to get and apple won't ever make my list agian. I personally think they suck and just can't keep up on technology. Just last year when they came out with LTE. Really? Yea, they are phones for people like you. Like I said, Morons.
63. aba71983 (Posts: 589; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
Don't take seriously about what I said but that is true. So what if they just implement the LTE last year. As far as I can see, there are most popular the LTE for Apple compared to Samsung and other android phones.
Did you clean and clear your RAM after you send reply here. Don't forget so that you have enough RAM, ok!
65. techperson211 (Posts: 961; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Seriously dude need to work on your statements . I know auto correct sometimes is annoying but I don't think your statements are due to auto correct.
66. aba71983 (Posts: 589; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
Really? Well, I just say what I read and my experience.
64. techperson211 (Posts: 961; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Really iPhone don't lag? I'm not a samsung fan but compare to s5 vs 5s . 5s is blown away . Your logic is irrelevant. Even the upcoming iPhone 6 I'd bet that still a catch up smartphone toward android.
67. aba71983 (Posts: 589; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
Who say iPhone don't lag? It lag sometime but not just like android phone that most of time get lag.
17. naittosan (Posts: 234; Member since: 28 Jun 2014)
Well they could go after that low resolution, small battery Alpfa mid-range.
20. gigaraga (Posts: 1422; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Apple trying to get more money by luring its customers to buy both, when they are both the same.
27. Sniggly (Posts: 7250; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Ahh, it just isn't a Joy of Tech comic without thoroughly fellating Apple.
28. OldNorseBruin (Posts: 218; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
The iCHUMP is actually pondering: "Geez, for $850+, I could have bought 2 Nexus X's with their Far-SUPERIOR specs, and have $150 left over to feed my SMACK/Meth/Crack addiction!
30. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Many will lean on food banks to get their new itoy.