Humor: What all these new smartwatches really mean
0. phoneArena 02 Jul 2014, 15:58 posted on
Technology has its hooks in us, an undeniable fact. As we acquire and use more of that technology in...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Busyboy (unregistered)
It's creepy and pointless. Waste of money IMO
6. DAMONORIBELLO (Posts: 109; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Until you have used one for a couple of weeks. Trust me, if you get a good enough deal on even a used one, buy it and try it out. If you don't like it, sell it.
9. Busyboy (unregistered)
I'd rather not sell my privacy for a measly watch. I will NEVER get a smartwatch in my LIFE unless its free
11. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
But a smartphone already sells out all your privacy.
12. KillgoreTroutTime (Posts: 433; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
Shut up Busyboy. you won't "sell [your] privacy for a measly watch" but you would gladly give it up for free....idiot....
19. Busyboy (unregistered)
Correct, I won't sell it. They will, just like FB is.
21. oboboy14 (Posts: 51; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
I'm willing to bet nobody cares about what you'd rather keep private.
25. hallucinogenius (Posts: 16; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
I'm not really sure what sort of privacy you'd be selling for a smart watch that you haven't already sold for owning and operating a cell phone. If you're that worried about your privacy then I really hope you don't use the internet.
3. engineer-1701d (Posts: 3271; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
wow like they dont do that anyways there are video recorders everywhere
4. Busyboy (unregistered)
7. Busyboy (unregistered)
Of coarse it does. It's people like you that companies target, people who don't care about anything that really matters
14. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I don't care if companies know how long I sleep, what I eat, what I do, etc. It's not like it's going to destroy my life or have any negative effect on it...
18. Busyboy (unregistered)
I'd rather have it private than public even though it technically won't "Destroy my Life".. Just my opinion
8. blackberry_Boy (Posts: 213; Member since: 27 May 2014)
All jokes aside I think this is the government way of saying putting chips into people wrist won't fly will make a product and have major manufactures promote and sell it and that will make everyone want one so this is a way we can track and monitor people when the time comes that's my theory.
15. KillgoreTroutTime (Posts: 433; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
If you think "they" are out to get you and you are scared of the technological advancements of mankind, then you can go move to North Korea.
17. Busyboy (unregistered)
You sir need to calm down. People have their own opinions, respect that
22. blackberry_Boy (Posts: 213; Member since: 27 May 2014)
@killgoretrouttime I was leaving my opinon chill out but one day all this tech will make people less communicative to each other but next time don't be so negative on someone point of view thank you.
23. KillgoreTroutTime (Posts: 433; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
ridiculous deserves ridicule, thank you.
26. duartix (Posts: 287; Member since: 01 Apr 2014)
There is one fundamental flaw in your theory. They already have chips inside everyone's pocket, it's called a smartphone. ;)
27. nomancool (unregistered)
it reminds me of the SHIELD in the captain america the winter soldier , they have been tracking every single person in NY and they were all on the crosshair all the time ..
well i dont think its gonna happen , but in the end the major question comes WHAT IF ?
16. naittosan (Posts: 234; Member since: 28 Jun 2014)
Who cares unless their doing something illegal, they can monitor me and all they want the only thing they will get is bored.
20. gehrig (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
Exactly, I'd rather not be under constant surveillance, but it doesn't matter, because I don't have anything to hide.