Hulu blocks its site on the HP TouchPad
That leaves the iPad and... Vizio 8 owners the sole tablet audience of the streaming service. For everything else, though, including Flash videos, the HP TouchPad would still work fine. Has any one of you, though, specifically ordered HP’s tablet to watch shows on Hulu? Feel free to leave your remarks in the comments section below.
source: @Adam Shear via ThisIsMyNext
3. Krishaun27 (unregistered) posted on 25 Aug 2011, 04:20 0 0
Thats some BS and.........
5. ibap posted on 25 Aug 2011, 06:43 1 0
So this is how you deal with capacity issues? Ban specific devices?
6. FeloniousBoxer posted on 25 Aug 2011, 07:30 1 0
I don't understand why you would block your site from a piece of hardware. Are they penalizing people for not buying iPads???? That seems insane. So I'll need an iPad to watch Hulu and an Android tablet to visit a site that uses lots of Flash videos, and my HP Touchpad to interact with my flipping Palm Pre???
What a pain in the ass. I am pretty sick of proprietary BS. Seriously, they can't even come to a complete agreement on charging cables.
7. techaman posted on 25 Aug 2011, 09:05 3 0
thats bs am canceling my huluplus f them, if i pay for it i should be able to use it.on anything
8. NeXoS posted on 25 Aug 2011, 12:23 0 0
Has anyone been able to buy the HP Touchpad recently? I found out about this fire sale yesterday and can't find anyone with anything in stock?
This would make some great xmas presents for the family!
10. Lucas777 posted on 25 Aug 2011, 14:02 0 0
ya it is definitely too late... i got one on craigs for cheap cheap but in store u won't find one...
11. daveywavey (unregistered) posted on 25 Aug 2011, 16:32 0 0
I checked the morning after they announced on every site I could think of and they were sold out. I suspect it took no more than an hour.
12. corps1089 posted on 25 Aug 2011, 17:42 0 0
BestBuy in HolyOak, MA is set to get 32 of them, but I am not making the drive to pick one up...
14. hulu, verizon, and apple suck (unregistered) posted on 25 Aug 2011, 20:39 0 0
No more of my $ for hulu.
15. faisalbilal posted on 26 Aug 2011, 02:07 2 0
WhYY thats the only reason i brought the touchpad :(
16. sexyquark (unregistered) posted on 21 Sep 2011, 00:56 0 0
There is a new workaround:
Enjoy it while it last. :-)