Huawei preparing super thin 4.9" Galaxy S4 rival
Specs for the mysterious device have leaked on several Chinese forums and while it’s not official, it seems a lot of the details about this device are already known.
The new Huawei flagship is expected to feature a new generation 1.8GHz K3V3 quad-core Cortex A15-based processor with Mali T604 graphics and 2GB of RAM. It is said to have a 4.9” 1080p display, a 13 Megapixel camera and a 2600 mAh battery.
What’s pretty amazing is that Huawei has managed to stuff all this in a razor thin body - the upcoming Android device will only measure 6.3mm thick.
We hope Huawei manages to pull this one off as most of its recent announcements take forever to arrive in store shelves after their official unveiling, and this is not even official yet.
source: IT163 via UnwiredView
1. Igneel (unregistered)
Hopefully they won't forget about battery performance though..
24. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1064; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Huawei can prepare all they want....but if they wanna win this they have to bring it on with the unique software features hust like the S3, Note 2 and S4!
Otherwise no dice....
25. jcpwn2004 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
I doubt it, huawei keeps pushing for the thinnest device....It doesn't really matter once it's under 10mm anymore. Just make an overall quality device and it will sell well.
33. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Huawei = no thanks, no matter how hard they try.
2. MrJerry (Posts: 391; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
WOW That's way too thin
I like thin phone though just wonder how they are gonna make it with 2600mAh battery and 1080p display and 13mp camera..
8. dragonite99 (unregistered)
just a rumor
3. aryanfr1 (Posts: 40; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
If Huawei really wanna pull this thing up and want to be a straight competitor of sammy (probably in dreams) these specs wont help as the next device probably the mysterious Moto GP X (whatever the silly name is ) has already tempting specs and also it should look for the software department which sammy (though it only gimmicks the already present ideas) and incorporate it with regular OS updates then it can win............. ummmmmm! forgot one more tasty spice to add "HYPE"
21. ebubekir26 (Posts: 310; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
not true but if you want to think that, ok it's your opinion
there will be a KILLERS KILLER (hint hint:GN3)
5. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2993; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Are these "H voice, H transfer, H translate, H Music, H and H stuff" included too?
19. wendygarett (unregistered)
H orny girl :)
7. avin007 (Posts: 139; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
6.3mm huh.....so we hv to pick it up with a knife!!!
22. Rishin17 (Posts: 17; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Whaaaatt?? Huawei is the daddy of smartphones??
Then what r htc and Samsung? Sons n daughters??
23. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5150; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Speaking of manufacturers, the real daddy is Samsung, HTC and Sony. Huawei is just too far behind, just for making it clear, I didn't say before Huawei is the dad.
36. BitterTruth (unregistered)
And you forgot Nokia?
13. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 759; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
And it still is an Huawei. And people only think of Huawei for cheap phones, in fact almost every single Huawei device a friend/family has owned has failed except for my brother's phone..
15. Markus (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Hey Guys, this is maybe not any longer rumour. The technical details are suitable for the Huawei Ascend P2S, which was circulated a few days as a rumor in the market.
have a look here >> dslundmobilfunk.de/wp/allgemein/huawei-ascend-p2s-kommt-im-juni-2013-mit-nur-63-millimetern-d**ke/
So I am sure that the actual technical details relating to the Ascend P2S.
16. H2SO4 (Posts: 7; Member since: 23 Mar 2013)
now the question is is 1.8GHz K3V3 quad-core Cortex A15 will be powerful to compete against exynos 5 octa??
18. thephoneofi (banned) (Posts: 23; Member since: 24 Mar 2013)
Should beat the s4, but time will tell.
20. BitterTruth (unregistered)
Samsung is famous because of the gestures. Huawei needs to work on those areas.
27. donfem (Posts: 520; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Isn't it a surprise that no one is asking if this is going to be 'plastic" or metal. considering how some have criticised the S4, I am baffled.
30. rusticguy (Posts: 2826; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
It's human nature to crave for what they cannot get easily ...
28. siluro (Posts: 46; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
I'd love to see how that T-604 Mali performs. Sounds like it might be on beast of a processor, but hopefully Huawei doesn't make the same mistake as they did with the K3v2 which was delayed so long that the CPU didn't compete by the time it hit the market here.
Sounds like a very good phone from the rumors, I hope along with all those working well that the camera is very good. A well performing camera is possibly the biggest thing I'm looking for that separates any of the top end phones from others.
29. Taters (Posts: 2640; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
6.3mm would be impressive provided the other dimensions are not bigger than the GS4.
32. Floorkill22 (Posts: 20; Member since: 24 Mar 2013)
Good luck Huawei for trying to achieve all these features in a 6.3mm thick body. I highly doubt it, but who knows. Either way, Samsung shouldn't be worried about Huawei there's no way this phone will pose a threat to the s4.
34. mr.sammygalaxynote3 (Posts: 15; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
you know why Huawei is rock bottom from the list smartphone leader?
because Huawei always want to fight with the greatest of the great smartphone even Huawei know it can't beat samsung....let me suggest you Huawei,i think you should beat Lenovo first because this game not the level of your skills...
35. yazbuh (Posts: 26; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Huawei = Chinese Espionage, so no thanks........
37. destinee (Posts: 6; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Do you guys just forgot the way the Americans used to laugh when they heard Toyota going to overtake GM as top?? the way they laugh when Samsung first position themselves to rival iPhone?? So now you guys laughing at Huawei.
it doesn't matter company A, company B will out beat Samsung/Apple in near future or not, but don't laugh at them. you never know who will hit the jackpot next.