Huawei gets serious about U.S. market, sets up shop in Silicon Valley
0. phoneArena 14 Feb 2012, 12:11 posted on
Chinese smartphone manufacturer Huawei is moving its North American R&D headquarters to Silicon Valley, and adding an addition 500 jobs as it plans for a sustained assault on the North American smartphone market...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. mozes316 (Posts: 141; Member since: 30 Sep 2011)
lol Same here and I don't know why. I like what I've seen on this site from them. Can't wait to see what they bring to the states.
4. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Huawei fanclub, who is in? :)
I saw the Huawei Mediapad, it is a great device.
3. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
ive handled a few huawei phones (the ascend 2 and the ascend x) at the local cricket store. i think i hurt the sales rep's feelings. the ascend 2 FC'd com.android.phone every time i touched the menu button, the rep said it happens all the time. i just laughed and walked out.
from other reviews and news it seems like huawei has nowhere to go but up. surely they cant get much worse.
5. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Huawei and ZTE are strongly backed up by China government, and their infrastructure is top notch.
I see them fighting with samsung and apple in 2-3 years time
6. BioTek (Posts: 53; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
I can't wait to see how far Huawei will now go in the smartphone market if the company is able to release such great phones in such a short amount of time.
7. Jimstar (Posts: 259; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Dammit I still can't get past that name, shallow I know, but I hate it! Well good luck to them I guess. Cause if there's one thing California needs it's more hipster d-bags working at a design center in silicon valley. No but seriously.
8. GeckoHA559 (Posts: 47; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
This can only be a good thing. ZTE seem to have stepped off the gas and allow Huawei to overtake them recently. But if they both keep pushing it will be good for consumers.
9. Jphones (Posts: 224; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
The name does suck but hopefully their phone design and names will fair much better now that there in Cali