Huawei MediaPad X1 priced at under $300 in China, but it won't be that cheap in other markets
0. phoneArena 25 Feb 2014, 13:07 posted on
The MediaPad X1 is presented by Huawei as the thinnest and lightest 7-inch tablet. It will be released internationally starting next month, costing about $200 more than in China...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. outlawog (Posts: 47; Member since: 27 Nov 2013)
I dont understand you Huawei - The Apple iPad Mini Retina display is £319 in the UK?
2. Florin.T (Posts: 213; Member since: 16 Dec 2013)
Actually, the £319 one is the Wi-Fi-only model. The iPad Mini with Retina and LTE costs no less than £419, which is exactly €508.82 (according to Google).
4. btbotimtim (Posts: 179; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
I am not an apple fan but I would rathr pay 100 euro more for apple.
Huawei is good brand but 100 euro won't convince people to buy huawei regardless of functionality as a phone.
5. osanilevich (Posts: 284; Member since: 29 Sep 2009)
Almost doubling the price for one geographic location because they think people there 'perceive' it differently isn't right. Might make them some extra dollars (or euros in this case) but not right nonetheless. I kind of hope it doesn't sell as well as Huawei wanted it to just so they can eat their words
6. Kaiser2007 (Posts: 173; Member since: 16 Nov 2013)
It should be €295 and €325 in Europe, and $295 and $325 in USA.
What are they thinking?
7. saiki4116 (Posts: 379; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
But what He said, seems Logical.China's Market is Huge and Price sensitive, while in US, there would be more subsidies from Carriers.
8. JJOPQ (Posts: 55; Member since: 15 Nov 2014)
i ithink it is different market has differenct price, the level of consumption, income and other factors,
so it is normal..